Maddie

Mundane Reality

FWIW - about pets having to eat manufatured crap... Do you feed your cats this crap? If so, the truth of your statement is not accurate. You don't have to feed your cats Cat Chow or any of the other unnatural manufactured food. You could seek out other diets. Although I've never fed any cats homemade food, I have done that for a dog. It takes work and dedication. Remember how much choice you have in this world.

Added: :)

I would like to feed them better food, but I guess that goes back to the money situation. Once I can feed my kids good food, I'll try to get the cats something better too ;)

About mudane reality. I love this forum, its very interesting and there is a lot to learn here. BUT with that being said sometimes I get the feeling here that the tendancy is for some of the people to be a bit top heavy. I mean its great if you can do all this cool stuff and understand all these concepts, but what about "before enlightenment chop wood, carry water, after enlightenment chop wood carry water?" I think when a person has a weakness they are aware of in themselves they are more easily able to recognize it in another as well. The reason I started this thread is because I don't feel that my Root Chakra is as strong as it should be, and I've noticed some others here seem to have the same issue.

Isn't the purpose of the Root Chakra to ground is in physical reality? Isn't the sign of a healthy Root Chakra to be down to earth and to realte well to physical matters? Isn't that why we have a Root Chakra in the first place, because for what ever reason we exist in physical reality and therefore we just suceed at not only surviving in physical reality but learning the lessons of physical reality?

Yup, "root" chakra is def linked to mundane and physical realities. But don't get confused between the latter and "metaphysical realities." Therein lie so many pitfalls.

"Money", for example, is a "metaphysical" reality (to the extent that we attempt to share/impose its meaning as "wealth" or "value" by attributing such to it, even when it seems to cause us the reverse).

While it often can be used as a "currency of exchange" for physical material benefits, it is NOT them, i.e you couldn't physically eat a dollar, nor can you pay someone to love you. Do you see what I mean?

A neat book on chakra correspondences is by Anodea Judith. I can't attest to the full "traditional" equivalence of her stuff, but IMO very much worth looking into.

Yup, "root" chakra is def linked to mundane and physical realities. But don't get confused between the latter and "metaphysical realities." Therein lie so many pitfalls.

"Money", for example, is a "metaphysical" reality (to the extent that we attempt to share/impose its meaning as "wealth" or "value" by attributing such to it, even when it seems to cause us the reverse).

While it often can be used as a "currency of exchange" for physical material benefits, it is NOT them, i.e you couldn't physically eat a dollar, nor can you pay someone to love you. Do you see what I mean?

A neat book on chakra correspondences is by Anodea Judith. I can't attest to the full "traditional" equivalence of her stuff, but IMO very much worth looking into.

LOL I have her book, but I found your reference to money as metaphysical quite interesting, I shall ponder that. ;)

The root chakra also has a bliss center though when kundalini is awakened. It's tingly and blissful and very grounding and relaxing.

I think it's a bit like 2 magnets near each other with a N and S pointing towards each other. THe closer you are to the N the better the N things seem and the more you want to go that way. Same with the S. If you get closer to the grounded side you will think it's great and really want to continue to strengthen it. All your senses get stronger, as with your awareness. You can actually see/hear/smell/FEEL those things that your intuition tells you. I've been there, loved it but didn't stay there. I think i'm like you, not easily grounded. When you can get there and experience it though you will realise it's not mundane, it's wonderful.

Her is a version of standing meditation that specifically adresses prosperity:

http://umaatantra.com/tantra_articles/prosperity_tantra101104.html

Hmmmm I had not thought of it that way before, I just thought they were annoying lol, but perhaps thats why I do so much Qigong (which they hate lol) because I tend to feel really crappy around them, and Qigong helps me to uncrapify (is that word?) lol. I mean I had sort of realized their energy was negative, but had not considered it in the way you mentioned it, but after you mentioned that, it does feel a lot like a psychic attack almost everytime I'm around them (they don't like me cause I'm not rich lol). Too bad my wife does not do Qigong, cause if she is only around me for a while, she is much better, but just a little dose of them makes her way more like them. hmmmm

I am looking forward to the day I can look up in in the oxford english dictionary and find uncrapify :lol:

LOL I don't get off that easy. We both just moved to Washington state and just both got jobs, thought I have not officially started mine yet, and she just started this week, but until then I sure get a lot of uninterrupted practice time :-). Yea I'm working on the compassion thing lol. ;-)

PS: Just wondering what a good way to deal with difficult people is?

I once saw a book called how to deal with difficult people. There is actually litterature on social and psychological strategies to handling all sorts of challenging social situations.

ONe way you can get your wife into spirituality or at least closer to what you are doing is to start having karezza or tantra sex with her. Once she experiences the more blissfull internal valey orgasms as oposed to the regular ones she will have had a taste of spiritual bliss and might be open to more. She will probably also start to feel your energy more.

reuniting.info has some interesting info about karezza

The root chakra also has a bliss center though when kundalini is awakened. It's tingly and blissful and very grounding and relaxing.

Back when I was meditating regularily I had a lot of bliss streaming out of my root chakra. I sort of figured that was were most or all the bliss came from.

As for mundane reality I am in a similar situation as you are. What I have found is taht learning to move from teh dan tien is absolute key. When movements are initiated from the periphery of your body you are more in your head and disconnected from your body and life. When you move from the dan tien your mind is quite stilled just by not having to be so concerned with moving your body as this becomes even more delegated to intuition. You will also be much more rooted and physicallised (maybe thats not a word either?).

I also experienced much more connection to daily life and materiality when I did standing meditation. The root chakra really does work like that. Get back into it somehow and keep on doing it. It will feel very good and is all round very good for any person I think to be connected to mundane reality in addtion to more spiritual realites. Bridging the gap would be the key task I suppose.

You could also check out the Maori warrior dance "the Haka". It only takes a minute or two and is very grounding and makes you ready for fighting and winning.

Are there any fields of work you can get into that would both interest you AND make you good money?

Edited by markern

Her is a version of standing meditation that specifically adresses prosperity:

http://umaatantra.com/tantra_articles/prosperity_tantra101104.html

I am looking forward to the day I can look up in in the oxford english dictionary and find uncrapify :lol:

I once saw a book called how to deal with difficult people. There is actually litterature on social and psychological strategies to handling all sorts of challenging social situations.

ONe way you can get your wife into spirituality or at least closer to what you are doing is to start having karezza or tantra sex with her. Once she experiences the more blissfull internal valey orgasms as oposed to the regular ones she will have had a taste of spiritual bliss and might be open to more. She will probably also start to feel your energy more.

reuniting.info has some interesting info about karezza

Back when I was meditating regularily I had a lot of bliss streaming out of my root chakra. I sort of figured that was were most or all the bliss came from.

As for mundane reality I am in a similar situation as you are. What I have found is taht learning to move from teh dan tien is absolute key. When movements are initiated from the periphery of your body you are more in your head and disconnected from your body and life. When you move from the dan tien your mind is quite stilled just by not having to be so concerned with moving your body as this becomes even more delegated to intuition. You will also be much more rooted and physicallised (maybe thats not a word either?).

I also experienced much more connection to daily life and materiality when I did standing meditation. The root chakra really does work like that. Get back into it somehow and keep on doing it. It will feel very good and is all round very good for any person I think to be connected to mundane reality in addtion to more spiritual realites. Bridging the gap would be the key task I suppose.

You could also check out the Maori warrior dance "the Haka". It only takes a minute or two and is very grounding and makes you ready for fighting and winning.

Are there any fields of work you can get into that would both interest you AND make you good money?

Wow I loved that link. I have just recently restarted standing meditation with the root visualization :). Just had an intuitive feeling lol. I really liked that article. It seems there are too many really spiritually brilliant people who are worthless in the real world. These same people tend to think something is wrong with the lower body, yet it is a part of us, a part of life, we need ALL of ourselves.

As far as my wife goes yea she loves the actually bedroom practices due to the long lasting amount of fun she gets to have, but she does not seem to put 2 and 2 together to get 4. I think the main problem is her fundamentalist christian background. She might be ok for a while and then someone will come along and tell her that what I do is satanic and then shes off. :wacko:

As far as fields of work, yes, I want to become a Naturopath/TCM practitioner, and plant on going to school for that soon, as I just recently finished my Bachelors degree.

I think it's a bit like 2 magnets near each other with a N and S pointing towards each other. THe closer you are to the N the better the N things seem and the more you want to go that way. Same with the S. If you get closer to the grounded side you will think it's great and really want to continue to strengthen it. All your senses get stronger, as with your awareness. You can actually see/hear/smell/FEEL those things that your intuition tells you. I've been there, loved it but didn't stay there. I think i'm like you, not easily grounded. When you can get there and experience it though you will realise it's not mundane, it's wonderful.

Actually, I think the bliss of the lower chakras intensifies only when you have real access to the upper chakras. I was just testing this now, breathing both into my crown and tail bone and creating junction between with the use of the spine, then having the energy flow through both, being grounded and high at the same time.

This is absolutely one of my main contemplations right now. I am generally quite scattered when it comes to that idea as I know that I can enjoy and excel at anything I throw myself into, as this seems to be my history. I really want to be able to find one thing that I can focus on that will be like roots to a tree that I can build upon, like a firm foundation of soul to plant from.

Edited by Vajrahridaya