time to change

astral projection

16 minutes ago, snowymountains said:

Could he tell though if an orgasm was real after having actual sex? 😂

I don't know if that is the kind of guy that is getting laid lol..... sorry

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Maddie said:

I don't know if that is the kind of guy that is getting laid lol..... sorry

My gut was telling a claimed McDonald's orgasmic superpower would be Freud's bread and butter 😁

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, snowymountains said:

The thing is that the bruise could had been there for all sorts of reasons.

For one the realm is not this world, so I don't even see how this could happen.

For two, the realm is not real, it's a psychological realm.

I hadn't seen anything there pointing to it being real.

It's extremely vivid and can be confused for being a reality, especially given that a common starting place is a mirror copy of someone's home.

But this doesn't make it real, it's not like stranger things upside down where if your friends go there, you all meet and then back on earth you recall the same experience. It's a psychological realm.

Munroe would probably beg to differ with you, at least as far as the realm in which he pinched the person's buttocks.  That's exactly what he was trying to verify, was his dream-like experience of floating and traveling and being at someone's house an experience of the real world, or of something else?  He satisfied himself that it was this world, with that experiment.  

I think there are others that make the same claim, though I don't know that for sure.  I myself have never been tempted to experiment with "lucid dreaming", with trying to separate some aspect of myself from the physical body and travel around.

On 08/11/2015 at 5:37 AM, soaring crane said:

Who's Drew?

:) 

Go on then ....

8 hours ago, Maddie said:

What happened to Drew. He is quite the character. Back in the day he was the one talking about giving girls at McDonald's orgasms by looking at them lol. 

Oh ... some one DID  'go on ' .

:D

I knew a girl version of Drew once    :)  

Spoiler

image.png.aa0604619fdcac00483fb1be4db4453e.png

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, snowymountains said:

My gut was telling a claimed McDonald's orgasmic superpower would be Freud's bread and butter 😁

" Sesame seed bun and butter "  you mean ?

6 hours ago, Mark Foote said:

Munroe would probably beg to differ with you, at least as far as the realm in which he pinched the person's buttocks.  That's exactly what he was trying to verify, was his dream-like experience of floating and traveling and being at someone's house an experience of the real world, or of something else?  He satisfied himself that it was this world, with that experiment.  

I think there are others that make the same claim, though I don't know that for sure.  I myself have never been tempted to experiment with "lucid dreaming", with trying to separate some aspect of myself from the physical body and travel around.

Oppps !  Excuse me Mark !

i was just testing to see if I was in the real world or not .

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mark Foote said:

Using grabbing buttocks to verify projection is putting the "ass" in astral. At least he got to the bottom of things. I am sure Mr Munroe had a firm grasp of projection.

Ever since I watched Forrest Gump, whenever I read the word "buttocks" I always hear it in FG's voice.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Mark Foote said:

That's not really an experiment though, maybe it convinced Monroe, but I wouldn't extrapolate too much from it.

In my experience it's an entirely psychological realm, it does look extremely vivid though, as vivid as reality, thus I can understand why the slightest coincidence could make someone believe it's somehow linked to reality.

The issue imo is when one starts spending "reality time" to explain this or that which happened in "astral time", and of course if someone really wants to see connections, then connections they will see.

15 hours ago, Nungali said:

Oppps !  Excuse me Mark !

i was just testing to see if I was in the real world or not .

Ow!--cut it out, Nungali, I know that's you!  ;)

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, snowymountains said:

That's not really an experiment though, maybe it convinced Monroe, but I wouldn't extrapolate too much from it.

In my experience it's an entirely psychological realm, it does look extremely vivid though, as vivid as reality, thus I can understand why the slightest coincidence could make someone believe it's somehow linked to reality.

The issue imo is when one starts spending "reality time" to explain this or that which happened in "astral time", and of course if someone really wants to see connections, then connections they will see.

There's certainly a lot of lore out there, and you're right to consider most of it a waste of time (IMHO).  I'm not ready to dismiss miracles altogether, though, and even if Olaf Blanke has demonstrated an ability to produce out-of-body sensations in test subjects by mechanical means, I'm not entirely sure that people haven't seen things that couldn't be seen from their physical location. 

I believe that it's possible for things outside the boundaries of the senses to effect the placement of my attention, and in some cases for activity to manifest from that location.

When you find your place where you are, practice occurs, actualizing the fundamental point. When you find your way at this moment, practice occurs, actualizing the fundamental point…

Although actualized immediately, the inconceivable may not be apparent.

(Dogen, "Genjo Koan", tr Tanahashi)

1 hour ago, Mark Foote said:

Ow!--cut it out, Nungali, I know that's you!  ;)

I think we just proved astral projection CAN be real ! 

( and dude !  clean up your room - its disgusting !  )

• Haha 2