Vajrahridaya

What is the source of experience?

Again, an excellent post except that I do not accept the phrase I highlighted in red.

Peace & Love!

:P That's because you keep projecting western assumptions on the term and find it hard, even after long explanations of the Buddhist meaning of the term. ^_^

Empty means all things are connected and don't exist by themselves... that is basically it. Except it's an experience of insight that is like empty open space filled with luminosity and infinite potential.

This is what emptiness means in Buddhism, not nothing, not negative, not negative space even.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

I can not shake the belief that getting to the highest of Thusness's stages wouldn't happen without changes going on in the brain's neurological wiring. The practices change the brain's wiring.

I can not shake the belief that getting to the highest of Thusness's stages wouldn't happen without changes going on in the brain's neurological wiring. The practices change the brain's wiring.

I agree.

See Ken Wilber Stops His Brain Waves

The Buddha gets to the nitty gritty. He is detail oriented.

But if getting to the nitty gritty right off at the beginning and this causes confusion then wouldn't it be better to start off by keeping it simple and then evovle to the nitty gritty if there is any interest shown for such?

Besides, Buddha ain't here. We are talking with his followers. Tell me what you think, not what he thought.

Peace & Love!

:P That's because you keep projecting western assumptions on the term and find it hard, even after long explanations of the Buddhist meaning of the term. ^_^

Empty means all things are connected and don't exist by themselves... that is basically it. Except it's an experience of insight that is like empty open space filled with luminosity and infinite potential.

This is what emptiness means in Buddhism, not nothing, not negative, not negative space even.

I know. I know! I know!!!

But you guys keep using the word 'empty' and then admit that things really aren't empty, it is just that all things are interconnected and won't last forever.

So why say it is empty when it is not empty. Say what you mean. That all things are interconnected and mutually dependant. Sheeesh!!!!

Peace & Love!

Yes. That is sometimes called brainwashing yourself. Be careful!

Peace & Love!

But if getting to the nitty gritty right off at the beginning and this causes confusion then wouldn't it be better to start off by keeping it simple and then evovle to the nitty gritty if there is any interest shown for such?

Besides, Buddha ain't here. We are talking with his followers. Tell me what you think, not what he thought.

Peace & Love!

Because he couldn't reach you doesn't mean he couldn't reach plenty of us. It's all quite simple and easily understandable to me. So maybe he's talking to me and not you. But you need translation in order to get it? Don't be so prideful in thinking that it's gotta rhyme with your baggage or it just doesn't make any sense. We are all elaborating here for that benefit of making sense to a broader spectrum of readers.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

I know. I know! I know!!!

But you guys keep using the word 'empty' and then admit that things really aren't empty, it is just that all things are interconnected and won't last forever.

So why say it is empty when it is not empty. Say what you mean. That all things are interconnected and mutually dependant. Sheeesh!!!!

Peace & Love!

Because it carries a connotation that deeply disturbs ones ego into exploration. "What?? I don't inherently exist?? Reality is relative and not absolute?? WHAAAAT??"

MH is basically and always a pretty good sport,

which is why he is so easy to be loved by us. ;)B)

Om

Edited by 3bob

Because it carries a connotation that deeply disturbs ones ego into exploration. "What?? I don't inherently exist?? Reality is relative and not absolute?? WHAAAAT??"

Yeah. You heard me. I'm not going to repeat myself this time. Hehehe. From nothing to nothing with a little stuff in between.

Peace & Love!

MH is basically and always a pretty good sport,

which is why he is so easy to be loved by us. ;)B)

Om

Thanks for that!!!! I really do try but must confess that I have my limits. (Of course, we all know that, don't we? Hehehe.)

And I must admit, you are a pretty good sport yourself.

There. Mutual hug. Now let's get back to the discussion. Hehehe.

Peace & Love!

Because he couldn't reach you doesn't mean he couldn't reach plenty of us. It's all quite simple and easily understandable to me. So maybe he's talking to me and not you. But you need translation in order to get it? Don't be so prideful in thinking that it's gotta rhyme with your baggage or it just doesn't make any sense. We are all elaborating here for that benefit of making sense to a broader spectrum of readers.

Oh My Goodness! What a thoughtful post!

Yeah, you are right - he couldn't reach me. Remember, I did try. For me there were just too many hole in what he said for me to be able to accept it.

Yes, he has reached many people and if it has helped them then it is all good.

Yep. Apparently he was talking to you and not to me.

Guess what. I don't want it. Isn't that sad? But I have something else that works better for me so it is all good.

Well, sure I have pride. I take pride in nearly everything I do and believe. And yes, I havve my own baggage but I am tired of carrying other people's baggage. But if anyone ever asks for help I am sure, if it is within my capacity I will help.

I agree and I hope that helping others is the main driving force for most of us for being here. Sure, sometimes we want something for ourself. An explanation or an opinion. That's good too.

And I know you will continue to be helpful in your way and I will do the same in my way. Our journeys are different but sometimes we cross paths and when we do we can walk together for a while.

Peace & Love!

We are all elaborating here for that benefit of making sense to a broader spectrum of readers.

I'm sure MH has already responded to this further down the chain, but I gotta kick my two-cents in on first read.

We are all elaborating here for our own benefit, invoking the attention of sentient beings everywhere in the hope and with the prayer that they will aid us to speak with one voice that which we especially, and through us all sentient beings, need to hear.

Something like that? If I didn't get clarification of the signs that I find vital in practice through the words that come out in concert with the tribe here, how would I find the inspiration to return?

Hi Mark,

I agree. (Don't know if I have already said it though.)

We all are here (I assume) to find common grounds so that we can speak to issues that are of importance to us. Hopefully, through these discussions we take part in for our own benefit, will help others in the process.

Peace & Love!

Peace & Love!

The Buddha simply prescribes the Middle-path...simple and easy. Some Buddhists tend to over-complicate things...it is they and not Buddha who gets convoluted and convulsive. I think it is very important to understand that the "Buddhism" some bums here preach is not Buddhism at all...it is some hodge-podge result of demented understanding of what the Buddha wanted to teach?

The Buddha simply prescribes the Middle-path...simple and easy. Some Buddhists tend to over-complicate things...it is they and not Buddha who gets convoluted and convulsive. I think it is very important to understand that the "Buddhism" some bums here preach is not Buddhism at all...it is some hodge-podge result of demented understanding of what the Buddha wanted to teach?

I shouldn't respond to the post but I do appreciate you posting it. Hehehe.

Yes, more often than not it is we who make our own life more complicated than it needs be.

Indeed. Let's keep it simple if we can.

Peace & Love!

Oh My Goodness! What a thoughtful post!

Yeah, you are right - he couldn't reach me. Remember, I did try. For me there were just too many hole in what he said for me to be able to accept it.

Yes, he has reached many people and if it has helped them then it is all good.

Yep. Apparently he was talking to you and not to me.

Guess what. I don't want it. Isn't that sad? But I have something else that works better for me so it is all good.

Well, sure I have pride. I take pride in nearly everything I do and believe. And yes, I havve my own baggage but I am tired of carrying other people's baggage. But if anyone ever asks for help I am sure, if it is within my capacity I will help.

I agree and I hope that helping others is the main driving force for most of us for being here. Sure, sometimes we want something for ourself. An explanation or an opinion. That's good too.

And I know you will continue to be helpful in your way and I will do the same in my way. Our journeys are different but sometimes we cross paths and when we do we can walk together for a while.

Peace & Love!

It's not sad. You have your own space for evolution. :)

Who knows... maybe next lifetime? :P

Seriously... it's nice talking with you though, even if it's arguing. :D

I'm sure MH has already responded to this further down the chain, but I gotta kick my two-cents in on first read.

We are all elaborating here for our own benefit, invoking the attention of sentient beings everywhere in the hope and with the prayer that they will aid us to speak with one voice that which we especially, and through us all sentient beings, need to hear.

Something like that? If I didn't get clarification of the signs that I find vital in practice through the words that come out in concert with the tribe here, how would I find the inspiration to return?

Very true. Thanks Mark! :)

This is just Dwai protecting his Hindu version of Buddha's teaching. Thus not true at all. Alas.

Dwai, you have yet to understand what the Buddhas middle path means, as you still cling to Eternalistic interpretations due to your Vedantic upbringing. So your approach to the Buddhas teachings are layered in pre-conditioning which dis-allows you the ability to see the middle beyond extremes through truly understanding what pratityasamutpada means.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

It's not sad. You have your own space for evolution. :)

I'm glad you responded that way. It is appreciated.

Who knows... maybe next lifetime? :P

Hehehe. Maybe. I have no idea what is going to happen after this one.

Seriously... it's nice talking with you though, even if it's arguing. :D

Naw. We don't argue. We just disagree a lot. Hehehe.

And yes, I enjoy exchanging ideas with you as well.

Peace & Love!

Yuanwu (12th century China) and others around the same time stipulate that after the initial awakening, there's a wait of about 20-30 years before a positive and substantive contribution can be realized. If I want to realize the connection between consciousness and my sense of location in space, all I have to do is start to lose my balance; to have the occurrence of consciousness empower reciprocal and other activity in the body through the sense of location as consciousness takes place, requires rewiring synapses to accept the lack of a doer other than place with all that implies.

Edited by Mark Foote