Mattimo

What is Tai-Chi?

Tai chi chuan (literal translation "Supreme Ultimate Fist") is an internal Chinese martial art often practiced for health reasons. It is also typically practiced for a variety of other personal reasons: its hard and soft martial art technique, demonstration competitions, and longevity. Move Slowly, Cloudhand

Greetings..

I have only recently come to appreciate the profound wisdoms of the ancestors..

Taijiquan IS "Stillness in motion and motion in stillness", when you "stand like a mountain while you flow like a river".. Taiji is Life..

Be well..

• Like 1

B) The only one in this thread who knows what he is talking about!

If he is the only one then that means that you don't know what you are talking about either. Self cancelling statement.

brilliant.

i like what a few others have already said as but not limited to "harmony" "the gateway to the tao"

i will reveal my very limited observation about taiji quan. i do the cheng man-ching ...

unification of internal qi>physical manifestatation of the qi

dancing in the clouds or swimming on the land

listening,following,attaching, adhering

unification of human & heaven's spirit

in a word?? hmm soft?

but i am more a bagua kinda guy

as for taiji (without the quan) wuji> taiji> yin & yang

Fascinating definition.

tajiquan in and of itself awakens you to the magnetic reality of existance itself.

tajiquan is another part of the alchemy. You move because the universe moves it is the unification of movement and stillness thus taichi. It does what stillness meditation could not due alone.

all of your neikung and chi training comes together in the taji form itself.

Taichiquan expands your shen.

Taichiquan is the gateway into the tao. When i practice my form with just a thought i can increase my inner feeling and i can see a network start to form that connects to everything. The deeper i go into my form the more clearly i can see this network. In time you will be able to see this network by just thinking of the feeling but only taichiquan can take you further into it.