Thanks for the info Drew,

So the only reason Scribd Links cannot be posted here is because its not ethical or fair say the moderators?

What ever happen to free speech and freedom of information here ? There is much material on this forum that already violates certain copyright laws im sure..... but only this special books have been censored.

Yeah I'm into free speech which is why I've been banned from at least half a dozen websites. haha. Personally I'm anti-copyright. I've also been arrested at least half a dozen times for civil disobedience.

Basically yes.

Ignoring the legality of the links issue. If you want to talk free speech have a read of a copyright page in any published book. You will get something like this

About the only way around that is fair use

Given the nature of this site we could probably get away with quit a bit under fair use, but not a whole book.

If it means that much to you, why not post the links on your own web site?

http://www.realitysandwich.com/ccby_step_belated_future

But as Lessig explains, fair use now carries a lot of legal weight because the technology of the Internet is

"...a distributed, digital network where every use of a copyrighted work produces a copy. [...] Uses that before were presumptively unregulated are now presumptively regulated. No longer is there a set of presumptively unregulated uses that define a freedom associated with a copyrighted work. Instead, each use is now subject to the copyright, because each use also makes a copy." (1)

Hence, by 2004 the RIAA had engaged in a suing spree. As Lessig writes, "If a family's computer is used to download a single CD's worth of music, the family could be liable for $2 million in damages." (2) In the past there was no possible way for a major record label to know if, for example, you created mixtapes from CDs you had purchased and then freely distributed the tapes to your friends. But that time was suddenly over.

The CIA-Google collaboration -- be it WiFi wire-tapping using CIA start-up technology (Keyhole) which became GoogleEarth -- or the new Recording the Future CIA-Google web monitoring -- that's the realissue about "copyright" etc. -- Big Brother is literally chasing down and controlling individual freedom. Monsanto is doing this with farmers -- hundreds of farmers have Monsanto suing them for property law violation because the farmer was contaminated with Monsanto seeds -- patents that can not be controlled. So it's totally Orwellian. But that's how the Big Brother system works - brainwashes the masses by using a "bait and switch" tactic -- in this case it's under the guise of protecting the author, etc. As I already posted -- in fact free distribution is now considered a great means for people to get increased interest for "in-person" trainings, etc. Even authors are now considered required to go on book tours -- have their photo on their book (because a book is now judged by its cover!!) -- People are dumbed down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vuM_dfUS7g&feature=player_embedded

Edited by drewhempel

http://www.realitysandwich.com/ccby_step_belated_future

The CIA-Google collaboration -- be it WiFi wire-tapping using CIA start-up technology (Keyhole) which became GoogleEarth -- or the new Recording the Future CIA-Google web monitoring -- that's the realissue about "copyright" etc. -- Big Brother is literally chasing down and controlling individual freedom. Monsanto is doing this with farmers -- hundreds of farmers have Monsanto suing them for property law violation because the farmer was contaminated with Monsanto seeds -- patents that can not be controlled. So it's totally Orwellian. But that's how the Big Brother system works - brainwashes the masses by using a "bait and switch" tactic -- in this case it's under the guise of protecting the author, etc. As I already posted -- in fact free distribution is now considered a great means for people to get increased interest for "in-person" trainings, etc. Even authors are now considered required to go on book tours -- have their photo on their book (because a book is now judged by its cover!!) -- People are dumbed down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vuM_dfUS7g&feature=player_embedded

Drew i suspect there are more selfish/childish motives at play for deleting those books. I strongly doubt they care about the Authors feelings or distribution rights as claimed lol .

Somebody said there were many complaints by other members about the material i posted. Its the "Hey i paid money so why shouldn't you" Attitude that exists around here.

Edited by TheTaoBum

I think it's just a "doing the right thing" attitude here.

By the way, I think the off topic forum is unmoderated.