Sign in to follow this  
Astral_Anima

Sleep Paralysis

Hey all,

It seems sleep paralysis is rather popular on the net, especially in the Christian community. I remember having 1 or 2 experiences like that when i was younger, one where I was being drained of energy by a purple and green snake O.o

But anyway, they all say it's demonic attack usually because of "opening yourself to demons" which of course is done by doing ANYTHING thats not in the bible. Personally, the ability to see entities (as i believe SP is more than just a dream) would be a sign of progress, though it's a shame so much negetivity seems to accompany it. I was just curious what people's views on it were. I've heard theories that it's alien abductions (the movie "The fourth Kind"), that it's demons, that it's subconsious projections, energy vampires, ghosts... So yeah what do you guys think? Have you ever had one? Do you know how to make them stop?

With so many varying opinions on it I'm not sure what to make of it.

I've had several experiences with it before, starting back further than I can remember but I've noticed that if I'm "practicing" quite a bit then I dont have them but if I make up excuses and stop practicing then they occur.

My SP experiences are all the same though. My mind is awake and aware but my body is paralyzed. I can see anything and everything but no entities or anything like that. Sometimes I just lay there and observe but usually I just "jolt" myself out of it.

I was in a deep state of consciousness, thoughtless, borderline sleep, however, still self-aware; I felt as if I were sinking into my couch, quite literally so. I assume my consciousness had transferred from my physical body to my energy body, as I was literally slipping downward out of my body down my couch. This unexpected sensation alarmed me and I awoke in sleep paralysis, probably one of the most unexpectedly terrifying events of my life. I was gasping for breath but could not breathe, my entire body was numb but at the same time I could sense every square cm of it full of a piercing energy. The entirety of the sleep paralysis lasted what seemed only 5-8 seconds. I don't want to go into detail as to what I saw, believe it or don't, makes no difference to me; but for some reason during my sleep paralysis I saw the large, dark black form of a winged demon, with an eerie, ominous ringing noise/pitch associated with it. After not more than 10 seconds, I fainted back asleep. Sleep paralysis is a peculiar state, possibly an entrapment between waking consciousness and the subtle, shadowy realm of the spiritual world. In contrast, I have seen and felt beings full of light, their unconditional love is unfathomable. Beware energy vampires! Your karma can render you vulnerable to these beings, most especially if you are not cultivating love energy and evolving consciousness.

Edited by fizix

Hey all,

It seems sleep paralysis is rather popular on the net, especially in the Christian community. I remember having 1 or 2 experiences like that when i was younger, one where I was being drained of energy by a purple and green snake O.o

I don't know if this is what you need to hear but I'll share my experiences of sleep paralysis since I've had countless experiences with it. It started happening to me in deep meditation. I'd go within, go into a space of unconscious non-awareness, then wake up in this state and open my eyes and my body would be frozen in this energetic pulsation. I would be filled with fear as I would have no control over my body, sometimes it would move on it's own and it would be like I was watching it from outside of it. At other times it would be stuck in the usual chin mudra on my knees, index finger touching my thumb. In this state I would have different visions, and it wouldn't matter if my eyes were open or closed I couldn't escape the same vision. Sometimes it would take place in the very same room I was in, having a vision in the room with the room in the background like the picture of my main Guru at the time coming alive in the picture while my body was completely frozen, or I would have a vision of different things happening inside the of the room. It's endless... I don't know which experiences to share really. But, I remember it being really, really scary at first! Then, I would just remind myself after it happened to let go and relax into the experience next time it happened, and eventually this worked. Then the really cool stuff started happening! Incredible visions of bliss and joy and great beings filling the meditation hall with light or even going into other dimensions entirely. This also started happening for me while in bed sleeping! I would at times get visitations from ghosts, or the recently dead, killed or just ghosts giving me messages. Then I started having visions of deities in incredible states of bliss and having really great, great experiences in this state, spinning out of my body into other dimensions. I've had a few with the Dalai Lama, Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche, deeply psychic experiences with the Karmapa who I've never seen in person and other great Tibetan yogi's and yogini's who's names I have no idea about.

The fear that the Christians are pushing should be ignored, as it's really all just how you are connecting to this environment from within. If you relax and bring wisdom to the table, the environment will reflect this as you are connecting to beyond the body level dimensions so you are dealing with your own mind stuff manifesting like dimensions within the screen of experience.

I really hope this helps you to relax about this phenomena. It's just part of the endless play... nothing demonic at all about it, unless you are dealing directly with this level of connecting to other dimensions from within. In the state of paralysis, try remembering goo and influential beings like Jesus, Buddha... whatever makes you feel relaxed and protected. :D Or a big inner smile will help deeply too as on this level you are dealing with energies.

EDIT: You are dealing directly with how your subconscious connects with it's environment, so to learn how to relax in this state will reveal much more of your own stuff as well as your own blessing from within reflected from without.

:wub:

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Wow, thanks for sharing u guys.

Vajrahridaya- Thats kinda what I was figuring. Although i still don't understand how this happens, it makes sense that you would attract whatever vibrations you manifest in yourself. Although it's tough to get my head around it as there's SO many factors and there's alot of similarities of stories.

So what would you suggest doing about any "scary" figures one may see? I've heard stories of these entities trying to kill people :( (although i don't think thats actually possible). But how would one manage such a negetive force? Think loving thoughts? laugh? pray?

I have heard it is the body's defense mechanism that limits the its movements to twitches and movement of the eyes in deep sleep and dream. Sleep walking would be an example of that mechanism breking down. It is the body's wisdom.

Bill

Wow, thanks for sharing u guys.

Vajrahridaya- Thats kinda what I was figuring. Although i still don't understand how this happens, it makes sense that you would attract whatever vibrations you manifest in yourself. Although it's tough to get my head around it as there's SO many factors and there's alot of similarities of stories.

So what would you suggest doing about any "scary" figures one may see? I've heard stories of these entities trying to kill people :( (although i don't think thats actually possible). But how would one manage such a negetive force? Think loving thoughts? laugh? pray?

One should definitely partake in a good mediation practice involving invocation of enlightened energies, or beings. These energies should protect you all day and night. Getting ones mind aligned is what it's about and thus regular practice is needed, at least for a prolonged period of time in order to get it really working.

Sign in to follow this