JustARandomPanda

Mixing the 5 Elements in the Dantien

I mean that I share what one has realised in experience in the relation to the Tao not what you find straight out a book but a forged experience and truth.

I'm all ears :)

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm all ears for other people's experiences with 5 Elements Fusion. Didn't realize that's what it was. I'm still unclear about the relationship between it, Elixir and Kan & Li.

One other question.

This person in my dreams and 'inner image view' who teaches me things....

I can not bring myself to look at his face! I've tried and tried to talk myself into doing it but just can't. I read something in Irina Tweedie's Daughter of Fire: A Diary of Spiritual Training with a Sufi Master book and her disciple relationship with her teacher. In that tradition not being able to look at the teacher's face signifies something important for one's quest for Truth, etc. Unfortunately it doesn't say exactly (at least not yet) what this means. One thing I did gather is that it does mean this person is a Teacher meant for you. One who will be able to specifically help you along the way.

Has anyone heard of this or experienced something similar?

Anyhoo...to get back to the original topic... I would like to hear of others experiences with mixing chi elements. Especially with earth which I need more of for grounding purposes.

I'm still unclear about the relationship between it, Elixir and Kan & Li.

Anyhoo...to get back to the original topic... I would like to hear of others experiences with mixing chi elements. Especially with earth which I need more of for grounding purposes.

You won't understand the relationship until you *DO* it. There are 3 different levels. If you can control your emotions it doesn't directly effect your physical body does it. If you run and lift weights it doesn't directly effect your emotions does it. Both will effect you in emotions and physical body but not directly. This gives you some idea of how the different angles for emotional and physical level. Then the kan & li is the part that effects the real "you". When you have a sentence with "I" in it you are talking about the real you that kan and li addresses. "Who am I". I'm not my body or my emotions, i'm that which is behind all those things.

You don't need earth element energy for grounding. You need earth energy from the earth. They are different. Just bring in the cool watery blue energy from the earth and bring that put that in your MCO. That will ground you. Fusion of 5 elements won't ground you. Grounding yourself with the earths energy is what will ground you. Learn iron shirt. For me iron shirt and the healing sounds are the most effective and useful things that i'm glad i've learnt. The other things are nice but don't give you much effect in your daily life.

If you say you need more grounding you definately don't want to do kan & li. that will make you less grounded.

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm all ears for other people's experiences with 5 Elements Fusion. Didn't realize that's what it was. I'm still unclear about the relationship between it, Elixir and Kan & Li.

One other question.

I can not bring myself to look at his face! I've tried and tried to talk myself into doing it but just can't. I read something in Irina Tweedie's Daughter of Fire: A Diary of Spiritual Training with a Sufi Master book and her disciple relationship with her teacher. In that tradition not being able to look at the teacher's face signifies something important for one's quest for Truth, etc. Unfortunately it doesn't say exactly (at least not yet) what this means. One thing I did gather is that it does mean this person is a Teacher meant for you. One who will be able to specifically help you along the way.

Hi SereneBlue,

Re. the elements, it can sometimes help to realize that no matter which descriptive system is used (kan/li, yin/yang, 5 elements (taoism vs. 4 elements in yogic tradition), 8/64 elements of change (according to the trigrams)) the overall purpose of all systems is to establish harmony. Now, what does harmony mean, you might well ask: Well, it means creating balance on as many levels as possible. Try not to get too caught up in the terms as they are after all only general and common attempts to describe phenomena which are broader than can be described in few words. The illusive elixir is nothing more than pinnacle of such harmony. Thus, try simply to think of how to best balancing things out.

Re. not being able to face your helper (I try think of such encounters as you're describing as meeting 'helpers') I can think of similar experiences in my practices. In my case, I meet with an extremely strong minded maternal relative (who left this plane a generation before I was born) - because of her strong will and energy I was afraid to face her and felt that it was best communicating with her while not looking too straight at her.

Re. the earth element and connection - once you meditate and circulate energy it is very important to be 'grounded'. If you're new to this it helps placing the soles of your feet firmly on the ground, lightly clawing / 'grabbing the floor' with you toes. Do this for a while with a calm mind and breath while you picture the connection between your feet and the ground (regardless of the surface) - qigong literature often talks about feeling roots extending into the ground. Be sure that the tongue touches the palate of your mouth, just behind your front teeth throughout any such session.

Best regards,

-matt

For grounding this exercise is great, really great:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/13922-making-love-with-the-earth/

It does not have to be done with the "making love to the earth" intention but can be more technical like Winns version.

Zhan Zhuang of course is also great.

I do belive that doing spleen balancing work in fusion etc should help with grounding. ALL direct spleen work I do makes me more grounded regardless of whether I pull in earth energy or not. But I can certainly see that one would usually require a lot more than this and that fusion is not sufficient and can also be unbalancing if not grounded enough already.

One other question.

I've had experiences where I just can't look at peoples' faces, both in real life and in dreams. Never heard this, but it's quite interesting, thanks for posting.

I'm curious if this is possible and if so what benefits (or pitfalls) it may bring? Is it like mixing colors in paint - ex: red + blue = purple. So mixing earth plus fire gives rise to what effect if any? What happens to elements left unused?

If they're not mixed in the Dantien is it possible to mix then elsewhere for beneficial effects?

I ask because a while ago I had a strange dream. A person in it said when I've learned how to do these things (mix the elements to different effect) I'll have understood Kan and Li.

Can you just try white or gold?

All elements have water and fire in it.