Encephalon

Therapeutic dosages of Nitric Oxide precursors

I'm not sure of any HFS around here, but I just moved here a few months ago so I'll keep my eyes peeled. I lift a lot so I'm thinking some type of quinoa/chicken breast combo for breakfast, a nut + raisin combo for lunch (a sandwich bag with almonds and raisins, for example), salad a few hours later, and some rice/bean/chicken or fish for dinner with some whey protein added in later, how does that sound to you? I take a fish oil supplement with 500 dha/250 epa per capsule and I take saw palmetto as well (excess DHT on scalp = hair loss).

www.bobsredmill.com is THE source for a huge variety of organic grains at very reasonable prices and their customer service is fantastic. Quinoa available.

Sounds pretty good. A few more suggestions:

don't choose chicken over red meat, the latter is another innocent victim of bad PR -- our ancestors only ate chicken when they ran out of bison, boar or mutton. If they're both organic, red meat is vastly superior to chicken or turkey; if both aren't, they are equally screwed... hard to tell which one is screwed worse;

rotate what you eat periodically, try to stay away from eating the same things over and over again; variety prevents deficiencies and a build-up of toxicities should a food item have something wrong with it due to the way it was produced or for whatever reason; also rotating foods keeps all your digestive enzymes activated nicely, while if you eat monotonously, many of them will shut down so you won't digest something occasionally new properly;

don't overlook root vegetables and squashes -- particularly if you lift weights -- and especially in winter -- these will give you endurance (they are "slow yin" and "rooting") and cardiovascular health (coenzyme Q10 in the yellow squashes, pumpkins and yam, blood-cleansing and blood-building goodies in beets, etc.);

and if you learn to cook some soups, consider yourself covered on all sides. Studies that don't know why but know their statistics have shown that people who eat soup regularly are overall healthier than people who don't, all other dietary factors being equal.

Haha, alright. I guess my grocery list would be something like

Quinoa

Beef

Beets

Greens (cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, etc)

Nuts (cashews, almonds)

Bananas

Honey

Chicken

Raisins

Ghee

I already have some organic non-gmo coconut oil that I don't really use but if you have any suggestions just let me know, haha. I really appreciate all the dietary help and I hope I'm not the only one taking notes!!

Haha, alright. I guess my grocery list would be something like

Quinoa

Beef

Beets

Greens (cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, etc)

Nuts (cashews, almonds)

Bananas

Honey

Chicken

Raisins

Ghee

I already have some organic non-gmo coconut oil that I don't really use but if you have any suggestions just let me know, haha. I really appreciate all the dietary help and I hope I'm not the only one taking notes!!

I really dig veggies lightly cooked in coconut oil + rice wine vinegar + spices to taste. I usually add just enough oil to cook properly and when it's finished I heap the rest of the oil (1-2 tbsp) in. Easy, delicious, healthy & cheap. You don't even need any rice (which I wouldn't use anyway - you can just always add more veggies) so the whole thing is ready in under 15 minutes. Ideas for veggie choices: cabbage, sweet potato, chinese cabbage, mushrooms, pepper, zucchini, avocado etc. Also shrimp is really good with this and also some meats.

I really dig veggies lightly cooked in coconut oil + rice wine vinegar + spices to taste. I usually add just enough oil to cook properly and when it's finished I heap the rest of the oil (1-2 tbsp) in. Easy, delicious, healthy & cheap. You don't even need any rice (which I wouldn't use anyway - you can just always add more veggies) so the whole thing is ready in under 15 minutes. Ideas for veggie choices: cabbage, sweet potato, chinese cabbage, mushrooms, pepper, zucchini, avocado etc. Also shrimp is really good with this and also some meats.

We just purchased our first bottle of garam masala a few weeks ago and are wondering how we lived so long without it (probably because we've eaten out at Indian restaurants so much). Shake this stuff on your steamed veggies and coconut oil (or ghee); it's amazing.

Nitrous Oxide, if not mixed in 'correct' proportions with oxygen is sold as "Nerve Gas"
Uh, I think you meant laughing gas - which is used in dentists' offices.

On the streets, it's sold as "whippets."

Edited by vortex

I figured I'd bump this thread since I'm now on Taomeow's dosing protocol. I'm taking 1g of Arginine and 250mg of Glutathione and I'm apparently a O+ (blood type). So far so good, I plan on eventually bumping up to 3-4g of Arginine.