Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

Opening up the leg meridians.

Good work, Blasto.

I have similar considerations about mixing techniques and exploring (both of which I do a lot). :lol:

I'm surprised that anyone opens their leg channels without acupressure. <_<

Well, lots of different methods, lots of different people.:)

...once I connected the perineum with the top of the thigh the meridians started opening well.

Blasto,

Did you work this connection mentally or with some specific exercise/stretching?

Blasto,

Did you work this connection mentally or with some specific exercise/stretching?

Mentally. I have to assume that deep flexibility must facilitate the process.

post-32413-126564855464_thumb.jpg

Guest sykkelpump

It is interesting, and honestly, it is sometimes counterproductive, and I try to remain mindful of the risks as I move forward. Reid, Chia, Frantzis, Jwing Ming, Ming-Dao, Chunyi Lin, Bruce - I've read them all, and I try not to betray anyone's teaching. As long as I'm not forcing my energy I pretty much use any/all visualization techniques that are out there. If I do nei kung in the morning and SFQ at night, I'm cool.

I would say Robert Bruce(if thats the bruce you refering to) is worst kind of forcing exercise you can do.direct unhealthy imo

I would say Robert Bruce(if thats the bruce you refering to) is worst kind of forcing exercise you can do.direct unhealthy imo

This point is certainly debatable, no question. I reserved Bruce's techniques to my feet only, as they are awfully handy if you're plopped on the couch watching G-rated movies with your family. But I've also read reports from very accomplished Bums that Bruce's techniques were very helpful and entirely safe.

Guest sykkelpump

This point is certainly debatable, no question. I reserved Bruce's techniques to my feet only, as they are awfully handy if you're plopped on the couch watching G-rated movies with your family. But I've also read reports from very accomplished Bums that Bruce's techniques were very helpful and entirely safe.

I have done the new system,it does feel totally wrong and it is just playing with sensations nothing else.

it is also very logical,lets say when you breath up the foot.you feel upwards the foot synced with the breathing.the foot has energy channels where the energy are supposed to go downwards.when you feel your way up you are going against this channels.does that ring a bell?

even when you are following the chi flow direction it is a forced exercise.

for me it is nothing to debate,it is against every true cultivation principle.this is just an advice.take it or leave it.

(...once I connected the perineum with the top of the thigh the meridians started opening well...)

the process is difficult to describe, because the fundamental is the occurrence of consciousness, and how the occurrence of consciousness resounds in the stretch of the fascia. The lion is totally relaxed, and enters into motion totally relaxed, because the action comes out of feeling generated by the impact of consciousness on stretch. The lion does not intentionally stretch, yet the presence of stretch is evident in the relaxed, tenacious movement of the lion.

The top of the thighs and the perineum, myself I look for the stretch from the sacrum to the sit-bones to generate activity in the obturators, which rocks the pelvis side to side on the hip bones. The obturators run under the pelvis, and can lift the pelvis off the hips slightly as they contract. I look for stretch in the sacro-tuberous ligaments running diagonally from the sacrum to the lower front of the pelvis, and activity in the piriformis from the upper legs to the sacrum as a result. There is also activity in the PC as a result of this, and the pivot of the sacrum on the wings of the pelvis. Fundamentally the place of occurrence of consciousness and the stretch occasioned by the place of occurrence develop feeling.

I confess my mind is not in the tan-tien that much. I do practice a lot with sensing the coordination of the motion of the sacrum in the muscles of the abdomen where my little fingers touch, doing the mudra of soto zen; side to side, diagonally from the thighs, and up from the pelvis, both little fingers on the lower abdomen.

Edited by Mark Foote

Thanks for posting that, I read something similar recently and it makes standing a lot more enjoyable. For me it’s taken standing from a sleepy “how much longer am I stuck here practicing this?” to a ready to fight feeling that’s much more interactive with the surrounding environment.

Reminds me of that 365 Tao - Engagement

I stand at the end of practice, but not for long periods of time.

The following link was provided by a Bum when I asked for a good selection of Binaural Beats. There's one recording entitled "Adrenaline." It's only five minutes long, but it offers a good jolt, because there's a track of lightning and thunder recorded on top. Since lightning bolts explode out of the earth and into the atmosphere, not the other way around, the recording is a great visualization for experiencing lightning bolts shooting up the through the Bubbling Springs of each foot.

http://www.iso-tones.com/tones.html

ps - I'm not entirely convinced of the efficacy of BB technology, but I use it anyway, with noise cancelling headphones, as a means of minimizing noise pollution.

Edited by Blasto

the process (connecting the upper thighs and the perineum) is difficult to describe, because the fundamental is the occurrence of consciousness, and how the occurrence of consciousness resounds in the stretch of the fascia. The lion is totally relaxed, and enters into motion totally relaxed, because the action comes out of feeling generated by the impact of consciousness on stretch. The lion does not intentionally stretch, yet the presence of stretch is evident in the relaxed, tenacious movement of the lion.

The top of the thighs and the perineum, myself I look for the stretch from the sacrum to the sit-bones to generate activity in the obturators, which rocks the pelvis side to side on the hip bones. The obturators run under the pelvis, and can lift the pelvis off the hips slightly as they contract. I look for stretch in the sacro-tuberous ligaments running diagonally from the sacrum to the lower front of the pelvis, and activity in the piriformis from the upper legs to the sacrum as a result. There is also activity in the PC as a result of this, and likewise as a result of the pivot of the sacrum on the wings of the pelvis. Fundamentally the place of occurrence of consciousness and the stretch occasioned by the place of occurrence develop feeling.

I confess my mind is not in the tan-tien that much. I do practice a lot with sensing the coordination of the motion of the sacrum in the muscles of the abdomen where my little fingers touch, doing the mudra of soto zen; side to side, diagonally from the thighs, and up from the pelvis, both little fingers on the lower abdomen.

Edited by Mark Foote

Sign in to follow this