Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

chopsticks vs forks your pick?

SO I was wondering for all thouse people on here that practice kung fu or other martial art where chopsticks are used as weapons have you ever thought about using forks? What advantages/disadvantages do forks have what about chopstick there advantages disadvantages?

Ps How do i have 214 posts that is like a record for me. lol

Edited by mewtwo

SO I was wondering for all thouse people on here that practice kung fu or other martial art where chopsticks are used as weapons have you ever thought about using forks? What advantages/disadvantages do forks have what about chopstick there advantages disadvantages?

Forks, spoons, knives, cleavers -- pots and pans -- anything can be used as weapons, but chopsticks traditionally doubled up as hair pins and were always handy... might be awkward to stick a fork in your hair, methinks. :)

Sporks are awesome, very clever.

I learnt to use chopsticks at uni in from a Chinese exchange student, I exchanged some some nice English swear words :) I use to use them to impress people in restaurants but I prefer a shovel (aka fork) guess that's why I'm fat :lol:

As for fork weapons, well I couldn't miss this opportunity to recommend Mystery Men

blueraja5.png

The Blue Raja certainly wouldn't leave home without one :lol:

(I bet he would love a spork)

because you have been here for a while my friend :D

a little off topic..

When adopting different philosophies into daily life, often the mundane can prove fruitful. The use of chopsticks to eat for is one that has a neutrality to it, much in the same way eating rice is neutral.

Using a fork involves stabbing the food, which is an aggressive act that will alter the energetic make up of eating the food. Throughout far east Asia, i have experienced that knives and forks on a table are bad for the karmic principles around eating, let alone trying to stab an opponent across the dining room table etc.

A little fundamental.. and totality irrelevant to the gong fu side of things..

Shanti.

I caught a fly with chopsticks and that was after eating with them daily for only one year! I feel like Mr Miagi. Only took me 3 tries, it was flying against the window though so that helped a bit :P

Sign in to follow this