John Zen

How to find a master?

If you are able to go to California do it, then go and see Sifu Share K. Lew before you lose that chance forever. He is the guy to see in the US and keeps a very low profile. I am surprised to see someone put a page up dedicated to him:

http://www.jadedragon.com/archives/lew.html

It must have been one of this former students.

Or if they're very traditional may not accept you until you've done that your self.

True. I will have to try harder.

Greetings..

If you are able to go to California do it, then go and see Sifu Share K. Lew before you lose that chance forever. He is the guy to see in the US and keeps a very low profile. I am surprised to see someone put a page up dedicated to him:

SKL is as 'real' as it gets.. i've trained with him on several occasions, and each has left me without words to describe the experience.. after the weekend of Taoist Cloud Hands QiGong (not to be confused with Taiji Cloud Hands), SKL made 'corrections' to my structure and 'Energy'.. the effect was profound and permanant.. His Dit Da Jow is the best i've ever used.. It is widely believed he is the last of the Yellow Dragon Sect, although at our last meeting he and his wife we going in search of two of his Yellow Dragon brothers rumored to reside in Northern China.. If you have the opportunity, don't miss it.. He's in San Diego..

Be well..

I believe that Nisargadatta, an indian yogi,

was probably enlightened in the sense that he learned to see through pain and pleasure,

and be in great bliss permanently.

The reason i believe that, is because of the things he said it is obvious

he understould very well the process of how to become enlightened.

Even if he wasn't enlightened, many his words are still truth. (i just know!)

He _probably_ was enlightened though. (according to my definition of enlightenment)

You can read his stuff for free @

http://www.nonduality.com/asmi.htm

No need to buy his book,

as he just keeps repeating himself endlessly. That summary is enough ;)

I never understood that term: to be enlightened, least how that people can come to conclude anything usefull about it.

However I agree on you statement Nisargadatta was a remarkable man. He was very funny and very smart and yes, he was very dedicated to one particular word from his guru.

I must say I've learned quite a bit of SKL's (Share K. Lew) material and must say it didn't do anything for me (results).

Ok, if you still insist on finding a master, here's how.

You have to start where you are. Based on what you know now, talk to the most promising people. They will give you some pointers. Follow them up. Meet more people. Talk to these new people and ask for more pointers. Follow those up. Meet more people again, etc.

As you keep navigating the social network in that way, eventually you'll come across someone you like.

To find a master you must be willing to travel, unless you're very lucky or believe in miracles.

If you believe in miracles, there is another way. Just call for your master to come and the first guy or girl you meet after your call is your master. I doubt you have the capacity to do this though, so you might want to go the usual route described above.

Edited by goldisheavy

knowing you want a master and a teacher is one piece of the puzzle - knowing what you are looking for and want to attain is the other big piece.

starting locally is a good idea. start some basic practices, this might be able to guide you toward the next step in your search of a master.

when i first posted in this thread, i told you i might be able to recommend some teachers that are well within driving distance from you. you didn't even acknowledge my post. what are you expecting exactly?