Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

the thread seems to have veered into chaotic moments ...

i feel there is a slipping between individualism and broader human experience of groups. My tai chi chuan has been a bed rock of health, mental and physical. There are so many teachers it is impossible to sample them all, there may be some help in trying a little Chen style if you mostly play Yang (me).

But the core message is 'just do the practice.' different individuals may react physically, mentally and spiritually to 8 Pieces, Zhan Zuang, FP ... Early on one must learn to listen to ones own body, opening it, to ones own mind opening, to ones own spirit, opening.

There are many paths, finding the path is difficult but even following the wrong path sincerely and diligently is more likely to lead to the correct path for each person than wandering from path to path briefly.

It is possible to ask the wrong questions; for self and for community. And it is very easy to become wedded to the 'rightness' of questions and answers.

Peace is possible

• Like 1

I have NEVER stated that elaborating more about Kung Fu practiced with FP was irrelevant. For I have adequately answered every question posted about combining FP practice with other qigong systems, with BFP Kung Fu and with other Kung Fu systems--including your questions. It is not an irrelevant issue, but an issue that I will no longer comment upon because that’s a dead horse that you want to beat several more times because you could not understand what I wrote in plain English--or didn’t like what I wrote.

I reffered to that post where you wrote next:

Antares, Sifu Hearfield and I wish you and all others well on this thread, but please meditate and think more about the purpose of this thread before you post--not that Garry or I are moderators here--but because I personally don't want to spend all so much time correcting erroneous statements and pointing out irrelevancies.

Sifu Terry Dunn

I realized that you (and Garry) were so unhappy with my questions that only of this reason you could post what I underlined - you are not going to point out irrelevancies. And what were these irrelevancies?

I asked you few times so9me basic questions about: how spiritual BFP system, about levels - few diff very basic questions which WERE NOT answered.

And when I asked for that another student of GMDW and posted it you said it all irrelevant to the thread including such important thing as "transmission" asking me not to post these questions again. This is open thread and who decide which questions are relevant and which are not? If you have nothing to say - it's okey, you can skip the question.

You seemed to ignore few of these questions. Some were answered. I did not say that I was unhappy with your answers and only expected to get most basic information in order to get idea how to practice correctly!!!

I know you are busy man and understand you do your best and I said that appreciate that.

But then it turned people began to be negative to my queries really abusing my personality.

You describe your insulting challenge to Cihan—“And did you really understand those moves?” --as you sincerely asking about his “attainments” of FPCK? Do you truly believe that any literate person believes that that was the intent of your question?

My questrion to Cihan was if he really realized what you call direct "transmission from the Tao". I wondered who managed to get it directly through couple moves of FP. I asked him personally and it was up ti him how to continue our talk. I am free to ask people about their attainments and this could help me to understand what he talked about.

Edited by Antares

And the result will be that the subscribers following this thread--now reaching towards 260,000--will all eventually come to now the workings of your mind and yes, the INTENTION of your heart—not to mention the fallacy and ridiculousness of some of the information that you've posted, such as 500 Flying Phoenix meditations.

What kind of Shit - O - Meter you talking about? WHERE I lied about you or give fallacy information? Quote it.

If you don't quote it then you should apoligize for your statement.

I am reffering to the GMDW' friend who says that GM himself said that there 18 levels with 36 meditations in each level. That person has the video where GMDW says that THIS IS LEVEL 18.

Why you find it nice to jeer at me on the thread? What I did to you? Did I lie on you, did I show my desrespect? Is that bc I used the word fuck? People use sometime such words like wtf, rttf and few more.

You used to say that FP is fucking shit.

Did I say any bad word to your side that you turn on your magic Shit-o meter? :wacko::o:o:o

I could not concentrate on FP solely for 6 months bc I did not have enough information about system and thought to mix with something else. I did not know how many levels how many going to be published what I asked you few times and you did not answer at that time. I know couple people who quit FP practice bc they did not know about all these levels and were not sure if need to meet you in US. I have many other DVDs abd I shifted to them then back to FP then SYG, FP< >SYG. I asked you for help on the thread. And some people started abuse my personality. NIce!!!!!

Edited by Antares

What kind of Shit - O - Meter you talking about? WHERE I lied about you or give fallacy information? Quote it.

I am reffering to the GMDW' friend who says that GM himself said that there 18 levels with 36 meditations in each level. That person has the video where GMDW says that THIS IS LEVEL 18.

Why you find it nice to jeer at me on the thread? What I did to you? Did I lie on you, did I show my desrespect? Is that bc I used the word fuck? People use sometime such words like wtf, rttf and few more.

Did I say any bad word to your side that you turn on your magic Shit-o meter? :wacko::o:o:o

I could not concentrate on FP solely for 6 months bc I did not have enough information about system and thought to mix with something else. I did not know how many levels how many going to be published what I asked you few times and you did not answer at that time. I know couple people who quit FP practice bc they did not know about all these levels and were not sure if need to meet you in US. I have many other DVDs abd I shifted to them then back to FP then SYG, FP< >SYG. I asked you for help on the thread. And some people started abuse my personality. NIce!!!!!

Ya know,

I guess this guy really cares about the practice he ask a lot of questions about it.

I think a better way to go is to request a consultation on the FP from Master Dunn.

Maybe you can work out a rate of $50 or $100 an hour.

Consultation for chikung can be big money. Kind of like tech support.

to be honest most people are lucky that Master Dunn is even responding to them.

He just could not answer at all.

Just a thought feel free to ignore my post.

Hi all, a little FP related update:

My father has been having a difficult time sleeping lately. Work related stress really taking its toll. He typically goes through periods of a week or so of sleep deprivation, over-the-counter drug dependency, and anxiety. I showed him how to do 'Bending the Bows' yesterday, and we did it together in the morning. He was very tranquil after the exercise. Today he told me that he slept 11 hours straight last night, which is really an anomaly for him. He did BTB on his own this morning, which really made me happy, and I showed him "Monk Paints the Garage" as well. My father is generally skeptical of qigong and the like, but he was desperate enough to try it (finally). More proof of the power of FPCK!

• Like 6

Hi all, a little FP related update:

My father has been having a difficult time sleeping lately. Work related stress really taking its toll. He typically goes through periods of a week or so of sleep deprivation, over-the-counter drug dependency, and anxiety. I showed him how to do 'Bending the Bows' yesterday, and we did it together in the morning. He was very tranquil after the exercise. Today he told me that he slept 11 hours straight last night, which is really an anomaly for him. He did BTB on his own this morning, which really made me happy, and I showed him "Monk Paints the Garage" as well. My father is generally skeptical of qigong and the like, but he was desperate enough to try it (finally). More proof of the power of FPCK!

I'm very happy that your father is getting better with the help of FP.Maybe he can become your student if he's not too sceptical.Just don't teach him MSW#3,hehe

• Like 1

Ya know,

I guess this guy really cares about the practice he ask a lot of questions about it.

I think a better way to go is to request a consultation on the FP from Master Dunn.

This is not shop actually if you understand it. This is free community TheTaoBums.

As I said Master Dunn must not answer any of my questions. But you should not discuss my personality if questions are not answered. That's what I am saying. But at least I expected that most basic information should be given for free.

It would be cruel if you charge for such the basic information.

Only I wanted to know was that that if level one enough to be complete system and if it is spiritual system or medical chikung

So I just wanted to know if I need to add anything to this practice or it is stand alone practice. That turned out that this is not as much spiritual as chiku ng for psychic power and healing. I think this information should be free. That' actually all I wanted to clarify all this time. So how much would you charge for this?

• Like 1

Antares,

Though I am not an expert, It is my understanding that taoists/buddhists/TCM do not have the same definition of spirit as we do in the west. I think the closest approximation in TCM, for example, would be the shen, which is also related to the heart and mind, but I do not think that it connotes the same qualities of immortality as the western term 'spirit' does. I believe that in TCM the spirit and body are much more INTEGRATED than they are from a Western perspective. From my own experience, I would say that FP definitely works on the mind, imparting a blissful, long lasting and penetrating calm to it, hitting the nexus where mind and body co-mingle. In regards to immortality, I cannot speak to it (yet : ) as it pertains to FP. Sifu Terry, if I am incorrect in what I've written, please feel free to correct me-

Guys please stop responding to this individual,we have been beating the dead horse for several pages and this needs to STOP.There are people new to FP who are checking out this thread and are getting the wrong ideas.Thanks

• Like 3

Antares,

Though I am not an expert, It is my understanding that taoists/buddhists/TCM do not have the same definition of spirit as we do in the west. I think the closest approximation in TCM, for example, would be the shen, which is also related to the heart and mind, but I do not think that it connotes the same qualities of immortality as the western term 'spirit' does. I believe that in TCM the spirit and body are much more INTEGRATED than they are from a Western perspective. From my own experience, I would say that FP definitely works on the mind, imparting a blissful, long lasting and penetrating calm to it, hitting the nexus where mind and body co-mingle. In regards to immortality, I cannot speak to it (yet : ) as it pertains to FP. Sifu Terry, if I am incorrect in what I've written, please feel free to correct me-

Thanks for constructive opinion. Yes Taoists use terms of Xing and Ming. But not so easy really to understand these terms. As far as I know Ming is related to lower tan tien.

Ya know,

PureTruth,

Thanks for the suggestion. But private online consultations have been available for quite a while as Fu-Dog (Lloyd McClelland) had reported in the first months of the thread. Anyone who is interested in private consultation by phone or Skype can contact me through PM or at this email: [email protected].

No, i don't agree that this guy cares a lot about FP Practice. I don't think he cares one iota about its practice. I think it's all a smokescreen for his intentional disruption in all directions on the thread. If you look at the effect he's had on this thread, it's nothing but weirdly selfish and paranoid disruption of the exchange and free flow of experiences about FP practice. He offers nothing whatsoever in terms of his actual experience in practicing FPCK, but only whines and insults me and Sifu Garry about not having enough info on "18 levels of FP" and spews rapid lies and pointless distortions in the same manner as this lout Sillum who was banned from the thread 1.5+ year ago., while accusing in all directions of being "abused". Who knows might be Sillum's

"Mini-me" (ala Austin Powers)

Regards,

Sifu Terry

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Sorry, guys, I have had really many questions here in the thread...

So many opinions, so many theories...

Really was going nuts with all of them.

I asked here for HELP. What to choose.

Few people replied with constructive ideas and thanks for that.

I have read some Taoist theories on cultivation and they say that cultivation of Xing without cultivation of Ming leads to deviations but can give some power. I wanted to clarify all this. If you think this is off topic do not hesitate to say it.

Bc in SYG there is lower tantien mudra in the beginning and it seems to be cultivation of jing. And I was not sure about FP

Hope you do not ask to pay for this information, I would prefer free sharing here.

Edited by Antares

The kind that spelled out all of your recent lies, purposeful misquotes, over-generalizations and self-serving switching of contexts. Your LIES are clearly exposed in my Post #2401.

No apology will ever be issued to an incessant and incorrigible liar with a dishonest agenda bent only on disruption and irritation.

• The kind of Wierd-Shit-O-Meter that spots this as another freshly concocted lie:

I had quoted one time my 31-year old student Al J. Lee as saying this in celebration when he first experienced FP Qigong's healing energy in his generation's vernacular. And you attribute the saying to me as if I am cursing the FP System, the system that I've been practicing for 22 years and at present am the only instructor and preserver of this art in the world besides GM Doo Wai. Knowing Mr. Lee quite well as one of my indoor students, I don't think he would appreciate having his words turned around and used against me.

• That just goes to show that you are a master of creating interesting new karma, Antares.•

Did I say any bad word to your side that you turn on your magic Shit-o meter?

Yes. Please read Post #2401 again since by this question you didn't get it the first time.

My Wierd-Shit-O-Meter is always on, and it registered high in the red-scale when I read your posts. The last time that happened was with "Sillum", who I surmise is perhaps "your friend who studies with GM Doo Wai". Just keep up your imbecilic rants and you will follow him into exile--and not just from this thread. (ah, that is not a threat, btw, but prophecy).

Oh that friend! Hmmm. I recall in the early 90's that there was a certain student that ran so afoul of GMDW that the GM issued several online public condemnations and disavowments of him, the first one on his Myspace page. You can also find one or more on Youtube. I don't know him and I never speak of him. But I heard about him for all six years that i trained under GM Doo Wai. I know that for students who went so far south on GM and vexed the GM so much with their demands, GM Doo Wai would straddle them with elaborate "made-up" nonsense meditation systems as punishment and red herrings to get them out of his hair.

So we apparently have two versions of FP Qigong. One that I've published in DVD in 2003 with GM Doo Wai's tacit and written approval (as seen on my website) that he told me and my peers in the 1990's was completed once one mastered of the Long Form Standing Meditation on volume 4. And a second one, which "your friend who studies with GM Doo Wai" says has 18 x 36 Meditations = 648 Meditations.

I am quite content with my practice of the Basic Level of FP Qigong that consists of the Meditations on my DVD series plus about a dozen more seated MSW Meditations. I am content with that beauty of a meditation, "Moonbeam Splashes on Water" on Volume 3, which I encourage all FP Students to pay more attention to, for I have not heard feedback from students on this thread that indicates that anyone has established it well enough to experience and understand its benefits. I would say further to all FP Practitioners who believe that I have been teaching the false Flying Phoenix system for the past 22 years, as you insinuate, to by all means please follow Antares' friend and start a commune called "648 Plieades Breathes" around the two of them. --Please, anything to get Antares to stop bothering this thread with the "real truth" of Flying Phoenix from his "friend who studies with GM Doo Wai"!!!

I could not concentrate on FP solely for 6 months bc I did not have enough information about system and thought to mix with something else. Thousands of people in the U.S. and throughout the world for the past 10 years have found that the information published on my DVD series was quite adequate to guide them through beneficial practice of FP Chi Kung. They have done quite well with the 12-month Training Schedule posted online--as reported throughout this thread. What more information could you possible have gotten that would have enabled you to concentrate on FP solely for 6 months?

If you do not have Attention Deficit Disorder, or PTSD, or are on mind-altering medication, or are abusing narcotics or alcohol, your statement above indicates that you do not have the slightest discipline or minimal focus to follow the simple instructions that i set forth in the DVD series to learn a most simple yet powerful Qigong system. For you have posted no accounts of actual FP Qigong practice even though you say you had practiced it for 6 months by mixing it with "something else." Your postings of the past 20+ days reflects no experiential basis for discussing FP Qigong. Yet you've argued throughout that I am holding back about secret "transmissions" (there are none) and knowledge of your friend's alleged "18 levels" of FPCK. So please, don't practice FP Qigong if you must mix it with something else. Practice that something else that has 18 levels. For the Flying Phoenix Qigong that I teach on DVD and will comment upon on this thread has one level and that one level is quite enough.

I know couple people who quit FP practice bc they did not know about all these levels and were not sure if need to meet you in US. Not knowing there were other levels of FP and whether they needed to see me in the US is an incredible reason for anyone to stop practicing FP if they are actively deriving its healthful, life-enhancing benefits. There are FP Practitioners in Spain, France, UK, Germany, Italy, Sweden, and Turkey (Hi, Cihan!) not to mention all over the United States and Canada who are far from Los Angeles and who know they will probably not see me, and who yet continue their FP practice. As I said, FP Qigong is not for everybody. Some people are just too tense physically and narrow and dense mentally or encrusted with self-conceit to feel any of Flying Phoenix Qigong's "heavenly" effects--as Tao Stillness recently described their sublimity. Just in the same way that stupid people don't need to meditate; for to them, everything is cathartic.

"all these levels" of FP practice are irrelevant to the Basic Level of FP Qigong as taught on the DVD series--especially those dubious "18 levels". As Sifu Hearfield and I have both confirmed in recent posts, just ONE authentic FP Meditation can empower anyone to develop into gifted healer--if one has the heart and predilection.

I asked you for help on the thread. And some people started abuse my personality. NIce!!!!!

You asked for the type of help that I already provided in this thread (#89, #93) and I answered you directly in Post #2329--again spelled out in Post #2401 above.

With regard to your repetitive claims of being "abused" for no reason as you argue, the last 8 or 9 pages show that you have only caused the perplexity and befuddlement, then frustration, then anger, and then the ire of numerous subscribers including myself with your arguments rampant with lies and pointless distortions that go nowhere and only waste time and energy--including your own. The inescapable fact is that people always get what they deserve from life. One cannot escape who they are and what they do (the working definition of karma). And your cause of derailing this thread with intent of draining every reader's and respondent's energy will have it's effect upon you--on many levels and in ways that will exceed the effects that you apparently desire.

What a squandering of free will.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got this information yesterday. And yes I see no point to take part in this thread as people here is not interesred in spirituality. We have diff goals and thus you don't understand my questions

Oh, so true: no one on this thread is interested in spirituality. Sifu Hearfield and I are ordained Taoists (plus a quite a bit more)--and neither we nor any of the 265,580 readers of this thread since Nov. 2009 are interested in spirituality.

But yes, we do understand your questions. We understand them perfectly well, Antares.

Good bye.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

WHERE I lied about you or give fallacy information? Quote it.

The kind that spelled out all of your recent lies, purposeful misquotes, over-generalizations and self-serving switching of contexts. Your LIES are clearly exposed in my Post #2401

And what was the lie? Obviously that Garry used words "freaky silly". I meant Garry saying these words. Bc you both replied to me and I applied to both of you. Garry proposed to do FP only but I recalled one of your posts where you said that FP without solid kung fu practice can create imbalance. FP is not kung fu but chi kung.

I apologize for not adequate adding the word "fuck" but it does not change the general sense of your question "who are you here to ask...". I did not mean anything abusive to Cihan in my question.

So what is my lie for creating karma? I did not state that you said "freaky silly" and I did not lie on you anything. Everybody know who used that words... I was not abusive to anyone

So true, no one on this thread is interested in spirituality. Sifu Hearfield and I are ordained Taoists (and quite a bit more) and are not interested in spirituality. Yes, we do understand your questions perfectly well, Antares. Good bye.

You just distorted my words obviously. I said that people here meaning few people who do not care about such thing as getting transmission from master, or about aspects alchemy (not chi kung). You should understand where my questions were coming from. You skipped many of those questions and stressed on my "lie" and personal relations.

I could quote here some Taoists cultivation "tips" about difference of alchemy and qigong cultivation and I quoted something before and you did not reply. That would be more interesting to discuss than going to the personal issues.

But few people said that it is off topic so that' why I came to such conclusion that not everyone interested in spirituality.

Edited by Antares

Do you all know what the name "Sunn Gung" represents? ;)

Yes, as in "Fei Feng Sunn Gung", "Flying Phoenix Spiritual Work-mastery". Thanks Sihing Garry, for this perfect question--the answer to which seals off Ant's parting shot about no one on this thread being interested in spirituality! .

By virtue of its Chinese name alone, "Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Kung" is a spiritual-power-work that does NOT NEED a church or a religion to support or dispense it! It was given to mankind to experience some of Heaven's blessings directly.

As I've stated repeatedly FP Qigong is complete, sufficient in itself, and self-explanatory. Not to mention so easy and safe to do without the supervising presence of a qigong master. Thus it requires no additives, no embellishments, no "tips" from other Taoist or Buddhist traditions to explain how it works, how to do it, or how to improve it in any way. Just do it, for Heaven's sake.

Sihing Terry

Edited by zen-bear

I asked you for help on the thread. And some people started abuse my personality. NIce!!!!!

You asked for the type of help that I already provided in this thread (#89, #93) and I answered you directly in Post #2329--again spelled out in Post #2401 above.

With regard to you allegedly being "abused" for no reason as you argue, the fact is that people always get what they deserve by the law of karma, cause and effect.

Yes, you replied and that' obviously good and nice that you do all this job.

But I Pmed you asking how to combine or if it's worth to combine FP and SYG. You said to ask on the thread. And I asked people. But you did not reply. I wanted to clarify aspects of Xing and Ming cultivation what I stressed in last posts again. That' was one of my main query here which I did not find answer in the thread and I asked it again and again. That' was the question about Tao Yin and what is alchemy and what is not. I used to stress it few times I agree. I wanted to choose FP or SYG or combine them both. I did not find adequate answer on this - if FP only for health (Xing cultivation) or it is both Xing-Ming and if I need practice both of them. People advised "just do it" but I had no enough information on this to make right choice.

And was that my karma that I used to ask these questions?

Why is it not your karma that you could not answer this question when I asked it? Do you know answer on this question?

Edited by Antares
  • Like 1

You seem not to be interested in FP but in traditional taoist alchemy.Get these and post here again AFTER reading them several times.Hopefully it will take you a looong time to read trough them

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0804814651

http://www.amazon.com/Foundations-Internal-Alchemy-Taoist-Practice/dp/0984308253/ref=pd_sim_b_3

http://www.amazon.com/Taoist-Yoga-Immortality-Charles-Luk/dp/0877280673/ref=pd_sim_b_3

http://www.amazon.com/The-Secrets-Chinese-Meditation-Self-Cultivation/dp/0877280665/ref=pd_sim_b_7

Edited by taiji_cat
  • Like 2

And talking of "transmission" I obviously meant few important issues which people should be aware of. I just was thinking if it is right to learn such systems with DVD's. I said that would find that your post about FP and Kung Fu.

Here this your post:

There are very few complete Qigong systems that impart much benefit if practiced out of the context of martial or healing art. My experience over the last 30 yrs. has shown me that practicing Qigong before the Kung-fu never leads to wholesome results. It creates imbalance and delusion on many levels. If one isn't practicing kung-fu, teaching it, or doing holistic healing work, the energy cultivated by qigong practice isn't being channeled into the most natural applications--i.e., it has nowhere to go. With some Qigong systems, after they are mastered, the effects of their practice automatically "kicks in" when one practices martial art or does healing. One is self-renewed just by teaching or healing--without the actual practice of the original Qigong exercises. But this comes after mastery. It is also what Carlos Castaneda's teachers meant by "not doing."

Obviously FP seems to be done together with other practices in BFP. And transmission could mean many things including:

qigong, kung fu, arts, symbols, telepathic means...

That' just was strange for me how people here reacted on my questions about this. Is it my bad karma asking this?

• Like 1

And when I asked Cihan if he really got "transmission" without kung fu, arts, and so on... you (zen-bear) said:

"who are you here to ask..."

What was wrong in my question? That you want me off this thread?

Guest bew

Thank you Sifu Dunn, Sifu Garry, and Fu-doggy (Loyd) for your persistent giving of guidance to those of us pursuing FPCK practice. Your generosity in contributing so often is as much a testament to the grace of the FPCK practice as the tangible energy effects are.

I look forward to a deepening practice as I log in more months. Onward!

Edited by bew
  • Like 4