Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Sifu,

No, I have not done any TTP for a long while. I remember a few people loosing it at the T.S.

while doing it. Required healers to be close by to help. We spoke about a year ago and I wanted to do the

Ruler again but you suggested the FP, which I like.

One question on Wind above closed. I like to stretch deeply when doing it. Meaning

the extended arm is almost touching the ground next to me ankle and then I turn to the other side.

Any problems with that? Feels good after standing.

Thanks Again.

Ruthless

Are you doing any of the Monk Serves Wine seated meds after the standing?

I'm sure it's different for everyone but I find that doing one of the seated meds after one of the standing meds works to really calm and smooth everything out for me. :) It seems like the combo of sitting and slowwwwww relaxed movement really settle me in.

Junbao,

I recently started doing a standing meditation (MGAMoon) for about 10 minutes before MSWine #1 + #2 and the effect is noticable, ie. energy is stronger.

The funny thing is that previously I did not find MGAMoon standing anything special but today it was as powerful as the seated one is. Weird stuff :unsure: It could be caused by the MSWine meditations but I'm not sure.

Edited by wtm

I am often thrown off by the use of the word "weird." Do you mean:

weird good? weird unusual? weird i can't explain it and it's freaking me out? weird i can't explain it and it's totally OK? :huh:

Just curious. :)

Weird as in weird good. (I also cannot explain it but that doesn't matter; I am trying not to over-analyse things, the monkey mind is already too talkative, no need to feed it)

I'm not a native English speaker so sometimes I put in the wrong words :)

Were you able to see auras before FP or after starting FP?

I guess if you can see it directly the third eye is involved (ie. energy interpreted by the third eye and overlayed optically onto the physical eye "picture").

I could see the pale blue aura before, but not consistently. The pink-red one after starting FP. The experience with the book at the park too, and it was radically different as auras where not elusive but always there, easily seen, and the pale blue was intense, like turquoise.

Junbao,

I recently started doing a standing meditation (MGAMoon) for about 10 minutes before MSWine #1 + #2 and the effect is noticable, ie. energy is stronger.

The funny thing is that previously I did not find MGAMoon standing anything special but today it was as powerful as the seated one is. Weird stuff :unsure: It could be caused by the MSWine meditations but I'm not sure.

The "wierdness" about the stuff is what I had said about the FP Qigong system at the very outset and on the DVD's: that each exercise cultivates the distinctive Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Energy and that this energy is cumulative over time. Also, each standing meditation complements and activates the other standing meditations, and the stand meditations as a whole and seated meditations ("Monk Serves Wine") as a whole activate each other. Because the energy effects of each meditation (whether standing or seated) are cumulative, after you've practiced the basic STanding and the Basic Seated for a little while, and then when you go back to a very basic, natural posture like Monk Gazing At Moon, which is our version of Zhang Zhuang, all that FP energy that you've cultivated (but weren't aware that you had accumulated) all of suddenly comes into awareness. Practice more and you'll see how wonderful and sublime this system's Power is. --I like that word "wierd" (it's been commonly used by my students to describe how the FP energy sometimes creeps up on them!).

Enjoy,

Sifu Terry Dunn

P.S. --This just reminded of an email I received off-thread that I meant to put up. It'll come.

Edited by zen-bear

Hi Junbao,

1. Yes, almost everybody sooner or later finds that the seated Monk Serves Wine meditations have a very calming and smoothing effect on human process following practice the standing FP Meditations (--not to say that the standing meditations are not calming as well).

2. Yes, the very slow "sand dune-speed" of the FP movements will translate into slower, calmer, more refined movement in Tai Chi and other Tai Chi-like internal arts. I first discovered this in the early 90's when I did "Bending the Bows" and then did the Yang Short Form (CMC) right afterwards. The FP energy turned my thought into action as the Yang Form seemed to do itself.

3. Your scheduling of different combinations of 3 FP meditations per day covering the 3 Standing FP meditations and the first 3 MSW seated meditations is very effective means of mastering each of those exercises in rotation. Everyone has to fit and tailor the practice to suit one's daily routine and lifestyle and what you've designed is a nice approach that "covers all bases."

TIP #1: At some point, go back and do the 3 "warm-up" seated meditations that precede the 3 MSW meditations in Volume 2. After you've solidly established MSW meds 1 through 3, you'll find that these basic meditations are not that basic. ;)

TIP #2: Every now and then--say after 3, 6 or 9 months--block out enough time and push yourself to go through all the FP meditations (standing and seated) in one very long session--practicing them in the same way that you are not practicing them in combo's of 3--just to experience and obtain the FP Qigong System's cumulative effects and to let your next combination of exercises reveal itself to you. Given your present routine, you will find that you will get stronger and more energy-facile over several months of FP training.

Good work!

Sifu Terry

Hi Junbao again,

With regards to your training schedule, I wanted give you further encouragement and corroboration that "you're on the right track" by sharing this message that I received last week from a very solid Flying Phoenix practitioner. It's a short and simple confirmation that the more calm, diligent practice you put into practicing the Flying Phoenix Qigong,the greater and more profound the health benefits and "other" benefits:

<[email protected]>

to terry dunn <[email protected]>

date Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 3:28 PM

subject Re: Old Volume 6 of Chi Kung For Health series.

mailed-by me.com

hide details Oct 1 (7 days ago)

Dear Terry,

Thank you for your email. I'm sorry to put you to so much trouble, but we really value your Flying Phoenix Chi Kung Vol. 6. It is the only one we lack in the series.

My wife Janice has been working with the your discs every day for 2 years now. She has found that everything you promised about the meditations is true. Than you very much, Philip Field

- Show quoted text -

Here's a short stanza playing off of a classic 60's anthem of a different sort to inspire deeper, more devotional practice (if you care to):

...and the ones that Mother gives you don't do anything at all;

Go ask Ehrmeishan's Bodhisattva Puxian (Samantabhadra) face-to-face...when your aura's ten feet tall.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Sifu Terry,

Is it alright to mix Flying Phoenix chi kung with other qigong's? Or if I did this qi gong would it limit me in doing other qi gong's?

Would it compliment?

I guess I'm asking because the idea that you get a specific energy from this qigong, vs other qi gongs?

Thanks,

John

Sifu Terry,

Is it alright to mix Flying Phoenix chi kung with other qigong's? Or if I did this qi gong would it limit me in doing other qi gong's?

Would it compliment?

I guess I'm asking because the idea that you get a specific energy from this qigong, vs other qi gongs?

Thanks,

John

Hello John,

Yes, as I've stated in several past postings on this thread at various times:

(1) It is generally OK to mix Flying Phoenix Qigong practice with other qigong practice, especially if you have the other qigong methods long-established.

(2) What I don't recommend whatsoever is for someone to learn the FP Qigong system while learning another qigong system.

(3) For optimal results, when learning the FP Qigong system, you do not want to practice it in close proximity timewise to your other Qigong practice(s) because that will dilute the effects of the FP training and make it more difficult for you to discern and experience the tangible and distinctive FP energy--even though, as I stated in past postings and Pablo from So.America has confirmed in his recent posting, the FP Celestial Healing Energy becomes visible to the naked eye after a certain level of practice--and will even show up on videotape.

(4) For optimal results, because the the cultivation of the FP energy is cumulative, you want to practice the FP Qigong in one continuous session, on a daily basis if possible, and at the same time of day if possible.

*Before experiencing this rare Qigong system, it's only natural to consider the reports of the distinct healing energy of the FP System as being different from other qigong-cultivated energies as an idea. But consistent practice over a relatively short period of time, tangibly feeling and (in some cases) visibly seeing the FP energy as a unique healing energy that is totally different from other forms of internal energy is a tangible, verifiable and repeatable experience.*

...Such has been the experience of the FP practitioners who started this thread back in December (Fu-Dog, Kameel, Fachao, Rene, Bakuakid, Sunshine(Harry) in Germany,Mark Kim and many others--and of course, "Spirit Ape", my school brother Sifu Garry Hearfield) who have solid experience in FP--and even recent newcomers to such as Metal Dog and Pablo.

In most of the Chinese martial and yogic arts--until one is well-practiced, seasoned, tested over a long period of time, and initiated by a master in the higher levels of the art--the reports and stories of "energy" and energy Works are just that: Tales of Power, --as Carlos Castaneda put it, as the title of his fourth book. But fortunately for y'all, the the Basic Level of the Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Qigong system is amazingly fast-acting and imparts profound facility with energy cultivation and even energy transference to anyone (regardless of previous training) after a relatively short period of practice--and without the presence of a supervising qigong master.

If anyone cares to verify this observation for John, please chime in. Thanks.

Good luck in your explorations,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Hi John,

I'm a newcomer to FP Qigong, but even with only a 2-month experience I can say that the most basic standing FP meditations are ten-fold stronger than a 3-year practice in Hunyuan Qigong (FZQ) and a +100 times worth most Eight Piece Brocades seen in youtube. If only I would have known FP years ago... Sifu Terry mentioned before in this thread that once you have a solid amount of practice in FP, you could discern with greater ease how powerful other qigong systems are.

Best,

Hi Pablo,

Below finally are my responses to your recent observations of your Flying Phoenix practice. In general, everything that you've reported means that you are practicing the FP System correctly and receiving its natural benefits in a very efficient manner.

My specific comments are in bold below:

Hello Sifu Terry and fellow practitioners, here’s my account on my first 2 months practice:

As early as the third session, qi became noticeable. It has grown over the weeks, lately even if not doing the breath sequences I can feel it too, either doing FP exercises, or ZZ, Taiji or simply moving slowly and focusing on sensations. I guess that with time FP builds some kind of qi reserve. Oddly enough, it has boosted my Hunyuan Qigong practice (which I do not very often nowadays as I focused in FP), now I can connect more clearly the movements with qi flow, specially through front and back middle channels.

* Yes, once you're doing the FP Qigong to the extent that the breath control sequences have been memorized,the practice will facilitate your practice of other internal arts, especially Tai Chi Chuan, 6H/8M, and arts that emphasize continuity and fluidity of movement in meditation. That you experienced the FP Energy by the 3rd session is due to your natural proclivity, your previous training in Hunyun, TCC, and ZZ or both factors.

During the first 6 weeks I did MGM for 20-25 minutes at the morning, and then in the evening the five standing meditations of DVD # 1 for about one hour. A couple of weeks ago I read some Sifu Terry corrections regarding breathings per exercise and how slow actually is shifting like a sand-dune. In order to catch up, I changed my routine, I do all the standing meditations in the morning for about 80 minutes and started trying the seated meditations of DVD # 2 in the evening.

*This is a very good training schedule, Pablo!! I can't remember which comment I made in the past, but I'm glad you were able to take it as a helpful correction.

I’m enjoying many benefits in such a short period of time, so it’s encouraging me to practice more, avoiding not to skip days: I lost 5 pounds and wake up without muscle pain (though I still feel tired, but that’s because of my unusual working hours), my breath cycle went from 10 to 35 seconds (stretching to 1 minute is highly recommended in many buddhist and taoist meditation traditions), and I can concentrate more easily in seated meditation.

***Good for you. And very good that you are trying to stick to a daily schedule. All three effects indicate good FP practice:

(1) Weight loss - this is something I have never advertised about the FP system since I first learned it over 18 years ago because I don't want to be accused of being in the "Jenny Craig" business!!!!--but when you practice certain high level meditative systems correctly, you not only lose weight, but you DO NOT HAVE TO EAT AS MUCH.

••The ancient Taoist alchemical writings about not eating at all but living off of one's breathing and swallowing one's saliva is absolutely true. BUT YOU HAVE TO BE TAUGHT PROPERLY AND BE DOING THE RIGHT STYLES OF QIGONG THAT ENABLE THIS. Well, I will say it here for the first time: the Flying Phoenix Qigong system is one of those systems. (Also, several other internal systems in GM Doo Wai's White Tiger system also have the nourishing effects at their advanced levels. I can speak authoritatively about two of them: Eight Sections of Energy Combined and the Wan Fuo Meditations. Sifu Garry Hearfield can perhaps speak of the other internal methods that he inherited from Grandmaster Doo Wai.)

(2) The increase of your breathing cycle from 10 seconds to 35 seconds is good progress in a short time. And this is one of the terrific and most beneficial by-products of FP training in that the duration of each breath increases without one having to consciously focus on stretching it! As you know, all one has to concentrate on is doing the breath control sequence correctly at the beginning of each exercise. The lengthening of the breathing cycle just happens naturally with the practice because the breath-control sequence in combination with the postures profoundly relaxes the entire body--every organ function relaxes.

This sublime, "no-effort" breath-deepening process through relaxation stands in contrast to to other qigong and neigung methods that involve breath-retention (not to say at all that breath-retention methods are not advisable...not at all, I practice and teach Tao Tan Pai and there is plenty of breath-retention work in this system, which I also love.)

(3) Improved mental concentration and mental/emotional clarity are the benefits of all good qigong systems.

Also I can see a pale blue aura around my palms in MGM if I stand in front of a white wall and I focus my eyes in it. That does not happen to me of my eyes stare at the space between my palms, as Sifu Terry recommended (though qi flow is felt much stronger), at least for now. There’s also a pink-red aura arising every now and then, in the circling arms exercise in the warmups and in some Taiji moves. Last Sunday I was reading a book at the park, I was laying my hands over the pages, and the suddenly the white page turned to rose and my hand projected an intense pale blue shadow (at the fingertips it was kind of violet).

*Pablo, you have a particular natural gift to seeing energy and auras in color (given you account of reading the book at the park). Many of my students in Los Angeles over the years naturally see energy and human auras in very vivid colors. They all reported that the FP training greatly intensified and clarified their perceptions..."polished their doors of perception"--as one artist said to me, quoting I think Aldous Huxley.

Before I learned the FP Qigong, I was very well practiced in the Tao Tan Pai Neigung (and still am) and I would see auras and energy in transparent, colorless layers and textures. I would never see them in colors. The first time I started seeing human auras in colors was after I started training in FP Qigong. Over the years of FP training, not only do I see the FP energy regularly as a soothing light-blue aura, but can see it being transfer to others in healing operations and sometimes its retention by others.

I can comfortably speak of this "seeing" facility because the FP Qigong system imparts repeatable and verifiable results that anyone can test out and experience for themselves. [that's the key, the proof of the pudding: repeatable and verifiable]In other Qigong systems, where it takes much, much, much longer to feel--let alone see--the energy, masters of those system have to abide in silence and wait until their students reach those benchmarks (or milestones, even) in training where they finally can see the energy visibly and apply the energy/energies effectively for healing or hurting.

• The pale blue aura around the palms is your first natural sighting of the FP Healing Energy. With more practice, the pale blue will turn to a more solid and opaque, light blue. I have old videotape footage of GM Doo Wai where the pale blue aura is around his entire body continually as he demonstrated one Monk Serves Wine seated meditation after another for me. As I also reported in a very early posting to Sifu Garry Hearfield--page 2 on this thread, Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:55 PM:

Grandmaster Doo Wai demonstrated and revealed his healing energy on many occasions. But on one particular occasion when he intended to remove all doubts from our circle of students, he turned off the lights in a small bathroom at a fellow student's home and the aura around his fingers was the same intensely florescent green-blue that appears on the speedometer display of my 10-year old English SUV at night with the headlamps turned on. When the grandmaster had the room lights turned on, he was sleeveless and a thin white vaporous cloud was emanating in a spiral from his fingertips on both hands (and then of course there was the smell that I had descibed). So this is the high benchmark of "chi manifestation" that FP practitioners can aspire to.

I found that each exercise of the DVD # 1 have their own flavour.

In MGM there’s a soft qi sensation sparking all the body, it’s easy to feel it in arms and head, but if you scan your body from head to toes you can sense it too in zones less spotted with your mind. Also, there’s a strong and cooler qi flow in palms, inner side of arms and chest, and to a lesser extent inner side of legs. At first I thought it was a byproduct of my previous qigong practices, but as it is growing over the weeks, I wonder if it’s something of FP (nobody mentioned it before in this thread). From time to time there are some cold rushes through the lower spine (but that arises in standard ZZ too). In MHPeach happens much the same, with funnier tinglings in the fingertips and hot rushes in the legs (both sides). In MHPearl I haven’t felt that strong qi, but I would say hotter and lighter, it’s funny how breath-qi cross through the arms. In BTB, I changed many times the speed, once Sifu Terry explained the 12 breaths per move and that ideally each round should take 10 minutes or more. I started with 5 repetitions of 2 minutes each, and now I’m doing 3 repetitions of 5 minutes each. I tried 8 minute repetitions but found no difference. In BTB I feel the qi mostly in the arms in the first part, then like reaching an air-magnetic cushion around the throat and cooler flow down the back (somehow warmer in the front). In the second part, the arms sort of trigger a warmer-hot flow to the head. The move from throat downwards I find it not confortable, have you experienced the same?

**Thanks for this nice detailed account of your training experience, Pablo. You are very attuned and sensitive to your body and its energy, and I would say have a natural gift/proclivity for seeing energy (similar to some of my students)

Yes, different "flavors" of FP energy can be discernable...but what you are experiencing right now is more of the "transformative by-product" of the FP meditations "cleansing" your system and just starting to fill it with the FP energy.

One will experience different energy sensations throughout different parts of the body from one FP exercise to another. For example, the 3 stationary meditations in Volume One--Monk Gazing at Moon, Monk Holding Peach, and Monk Holding Pearl--each focusses the energy cultivation at a different tan tien--first, second, third. In the beginning stages of FP training, you will experience your body being "cleansed" and then energized by these exercises from energy emanating from these different tan tiens. Hence the different experiences of cold/hot.

•Once your experience of the FP energy is distinct and unified throughout the body, and a tangible reserve of the FP energy is experienced, and you are doing the moving meditations (Moonbleam Splashes in Water and FPHHCM (Long Standing Form) in frictionless manner, that's when the real fun begins with seeing and moving the FP Energy.

•Another benchmark--and indicator of CORRECT FP training that I will let our here requires that one be wearing a long-sleeved cotton or silk shirt/blouse: One can feel the FP energy channel inside your long sleeves and funnel out through to your hands in a warm, soothing, comfortable and continuous wave--and not even necessarily when you are practicing the system.

Finally, WAC is the standing meditation that I practiced the least, 1 to 3 fast repetitions only as my legs are already tired. I do enjoy though that when my palms reach the forehead, the dantien sinks fully (heavy), and at the end when opening the arms, it feels like lower and middle dantien expands out.

**Pablo, you should redouble your efforts to practice Wind Above the Clouds properly (at super-slow speed of the shifting sand dune!)and frequent, regular basis--so that you don't get tired at all from it.

It is a very important exercise for unifying the FP Energy throughout the entire body...and also teaches very basic but essential body mechanics--or rather energy-moving mechanics--that will answer a lot of questions in the future--and shed light on gray areas in people's practice of other internal martial arts.**

Greetings,

Pablo, many thanks again for your detailed account of your diligent practice.

Keep up the good work, and do write in again whenever you encounter your next set of interesting Flying Phoenix energy effects and have questions about them.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear

Hello John,

Yes, as I've stated in several past postings on this thread at various times:

(1) It is generally OK to mix Flying Phoenix Qigong practice with other qigong practice, especially if you have the other qigong methods long-established.

(2) What I don't recommend whatsoever is for someone to learn the FP Qigong system while learning another qigong system.

(3) For optimal results, when learning the FP Qigong system, you do not want to practice it in close proximity timewise to your other Qigong practice(s) because that will dilute the effects of the FP training and make it more difficult for you to discern and experience the tangible and distinctive FP energy--even though, as I stated in past postings and Pablo from So.America has confirmed in his recent posting, the FP Celestial Healing Energy becomes visible to the naked eye after a certain level of practice--and will even show up on videotape.

(4) For optimal results, because the the cultivation of the FP energy is cumulative, you want to practice the FP Qigong in one continuous session, on a daily basis if possible, and at the same time of day if possible.

*Before experiencing this rare Qigong system, it's only natural to consider the reports of the distinct healing energy of the FP System as being different from other qigong-cultivated energies as an idea. But consistent practice over a relatively short period of time, tangibly feeling and (in some cases) visibly seeing the FP energy as a unique healing energy that is totally different from other forms of internal energy is a tangible, verifiable and repeatable experience.*

...Such has been the experience of the FP practitioners who started this thread back in December (Fu-Dog, Kameel, Fachao, Rene, Bakuakid, Sunshine(Harry) in Germany,Mark Kim and many others--and of course, "Spirit Ape", my school brother Sifu Garry Hearfield) who have solid experience in FP--and even recent newcomers to such as Metal Dog and Pablo.

In most of the Chinese martial and yogic arts--until one is well-practiced, seasoned, tested over a long period of time, and initiated by a master in the higher levels of the art--the reports and stories of "energy" and energy Works are just that: Tales of Power, --as Carlos Castaneda put it, as the title of his fourth book. But fortunately for y'all, the the Basic Level of the Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Qigong system is amazingly fast-acting and imparts profound facility with energy cultivation and even energy transference to anyone (regardless of previous training) after a relatively short period of practice--and without the presence of a supervising qigong master.

If anyone cares to verify this observation for John, please chime in. Thanks.

Good luck in your explorations,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Thank you Sifu Terry,

It's interesting to me to find that different qi gong systems impart different energy.

And it has me wonder, what other types of energy and qigong stuff is out there? Are some more effective/less effective? Aimed at different application, other than healing?

Are they all generally the same, just some are very unique?

I guess I need to get clear on what I'm looking for in my practice.

I currently practice level 1 yi gong/kunlun for an hour before bed (10pm - 11pm), and spring forest qi gong for 30 minutes in the morning at lunch and when I get home, with zhan zhuang in between (try for an hour from 9-10 pm).

I think I'm going to practice fp qi gong instead of sfq.

Thanks again,

John

Edited by JohnC

Sifu Terry,

Thank you for your detailed answer and encouraging words!

I'll redouble my efforts and post in the future any new insights or problems that arise in my practice.

Best wishes.

Thank you Sifu Terry,

It's interesting to me to find that different qi gong systems impart different energy.

And it has me wonder, what other types of energy and qigong stuff is out there? Are some more effective/less effective? Aimed at different application, other than healing?

Are they all generally the same, just some are very unique?

I guess I need to get clear on what I'm looking for in my practice.

I currently practice level 1 yi gong/kunlun for an hour before bed (10pm - 11pm), and spring forest qi gong for 30 minutes in the morning at lunch and when I get home, with zhan zhuang in between (try for an hour from 9-10 pm).

I think I'm going to practice fp qi gong instead of sfq.

Thanks again,

John

John,

What is your goal of practicing qi qong? There are systems for

- Martial arts/self defense

- Health/self healing/longevity

- Healing other people

- Spiritual development/help to reach enlightenment

- Become "immortal"

- Develop psychic abilities

- Maybe some other things too

Many systems can be for more than one purpose. As far as I know, Yi Gong is for health of self and spritual enlightenment, both SFQ and FP are for health of self and healing other.

I'm also very interested in Sifu Jenny's Yi Gong, since I like the spontaneous and spiritual aspects of it. I've been wondering if Yi Gong and FP are a good combination? What is your experience so far?

Hi Sifu Terry -

I have a most basic question. When moving from one seated FP meditation to the next, can the ending 3 deep breaths from one FP meditation be the beginning 3 breaths for the next?

I have not been doing it the way described above. I have finished with 3 breaths, opened my eyes, etc. Then I start anew with 3 deep breaths to begin the next.

Can you please comment?

Thanks,

Lloyd

PS - Also to add the comment on the energy of FP. To be honest, the energy is so strong for the first 3 months I practiced I had to limit the number of FP meditations I did in one setting, because my body had to adjust. The FP energy is really quite special.

John,

What is your goal of practicing qi qong? There are systems for

- Martial arts/self defense

- Health/self healing/longevity

- Healing other people

- Spiritual development/help to reach enlightenment

- Become "immortal"

- Develop psychic abilities

- Maybe some other things too

Many systems can be for more than one purpose. As far as I know, Yi Gong is for health of self and spritual enlightenment, both SFQ and FP are for health of self and healing other.

I'm also very interested in Sifu Jenny's Yi Gong, since I like the spontaneous and spiritual aspects of it. I've been wondering if Yi Gong and FP are a good combination? What is your experience so far?

I seem to be aiming at healing, and enlightenment. Jenny's yi gong seems sharp as hell and she just seems like a great great teacher.

Just getting started so, I'll let you know.

I just hope the systems are compatible? I know yi gong is maoshan I think.

John

Hi Sifu Terry -

I have a most basic question. When moving from one seated FP meditation to the next, can the ending 3 deep breaths from one FP meditation be the beginning 3 breaths for the next?

I have not been doing it the way described above. I have finished with 3 breaths, opened my eyes, etc. Then I start anew with 3 deep breaths to begin the next.

Can you please comment?

Thanks,

Lloyd

PS - Also to add the comment on the energy of FP. To be honest, the energy is so strong for the first 3 months I practiced I had to limit the number of FP meditations I did in one setting, because my body had to adjust. The FP energy is really quite special.

Hello Lloyd,

Answer: No. Do NOT blend the ending 3 breaths of one Flying Phoenix Meditation with the starting 3 breathes of another FP mediation.

The FP training is anchored by 3 full breathes at start of each meditation and 3 full breathes to end each meditation. The purpose of the 3 breathes at the end is to normalize your internal energy system after doing the perfectly measured and designed cultivation of each FP exercise. This is especially true--and more easily felt--in the case of the seated MSW meditations.

Also, take a one, two or more minutes' break before starting the next meditation.

I'm glad that you are finding the FP Qigong powerful and empowering. It can not only empower one to attain supreme good health and youthful vitality (i.e., slow if not reverse aging), it can also empower one to attain spiritual consciousness. I was not being facetious when I made up the new FP lyrics for the 60's classic "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane:

"Go ask the Bodhisattva Puxian (patron saint of Ehrmeishan) when your aura's ten feet tall"

Best,

Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Also, take a one, two or more minutes' break before starting the next meditation.

Thanks for that tip, I have been just moving one to the next.

"Go ask the Bodhisattva Puxian (patron saint of Ehrmeishan) when your aura's ten feet tall"

:) :) :D

Hello Lloyd,

Answer: No. Do NOT blend the ending 3 breaths of one Flying Phoenix Meditation with the starting 3 breathes of another FP mediation.

The FP training is anchored by 3 full breathes at start of each meditation and 3 full breathes to end each meditation. The purpose of the 3 breathes at the end is to normalize your internal energy system after doing the perfectly measured and designed cultivation of each FP exercise. This is especially true--and more easily felt--in the case of the seated MSW meditations.

I'm glad that you are finding the FP Qigong powerful and empowering. It can not only empower one to attain supreme good health and youthful vitality (i.e., slow if not reverse aging), it can also empower one to attain spiritual consciousness. I was not being facetious when I made up the new FP lyrics for the 60's classic "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane:

Best,

Terry

Sifu Terry,

With the seated, I have a bit of a problem with doing the Half Lotus. Knee stuff. Is the most important thing to have the spine straight? I need to be a pillow of some sort and my wife can not even do that.

Could one sit in a chair and sit with a straight spine not supported by the back of the chair

and do the Basic Seated?

Ruthless

Hi John,

I'm a newcomer to FP Qigong, but even with only a 2-month experience I can say that the most basic standing FP meditations are ten-fold stronger than a 3-year practice in Hunyuan Qigong (FZQ) and a +100 times worth most Eight Piece Brocades seen in youtube. If only I would have known FP years ago... Sifu Terry mentioned before in this thread that once you have a solid amount of practice in FP, you could discern with greater ease how powerful other qigong systems are.

Best,

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for your input and comparisons of the effects of Flying Phoenix that you experienced.

Although I've just recently become aware of it, by watching clips of masters doing it on Youtube, I know that Hunyuan is a very good and effective Qigong system.

As for Eight Brocades, this is an example of a very fragmented and broken tradition where all the books and videos that I've seen on 8PB over the past 25 yrs or so have been very rudimentary with no breathing method taught whatsoever--except what follows naturally from the calisthenic movements. Unless you find a master who knows the complete 8PB system and will teach you the breathing (and footwork), one will not get much out of the 8PB system as published other than just that: calisthenic exercise--and minimal at that: more suitable for the aged and movement restricted.

I knew a few high-level kung-fu people in the past who also practiced 8PB, but they admitted that it was their kung-fu that activated the 8PB effects, not the other way around. For calisthenic exercise, you're much better off practicing a complete holistic system like any style of Tai Chi Chuan.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Sifu Terry,

Thank you for your detailed answer and encouraging words!

I'll redouble my efforts and post in the future any new insights or problems that arise in my practice.

Best wishes.

You're welcome, Pablo.

Best,

Terry Dunn

Hi(gh) there,

10 feet = 3.04800 meters

Are you sure that it was Lightbody not Aura?

1 m development is like 200years spiritual growth

A human today has about 1.5 meter tall Lightbody.

Still there would be a need of 300 years spiritual growth.

(Teacher of the Attillo Ferrara Healing System as source of information)

Sincerely,

Q

Lightbody...Aura : Tomato...Tomahtah :D

Dreambody or your "double" --now that's something different. :o

--Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear