Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Leif, they say of transmission not only in magic... But is not BFP magic? :)

I had a chance for a brief look at Johnson's daoist magic texts and while it's "Wow", as far as I'm concerned BFP meds - SYG and FP - are higher magic in my world so yes :)

And good to mix BFP stuff

I think that's accepted and was posted couple of times in this thread in past, that BFP arts are compatible and can be mixed. Where Sifu recently said not to mix, I felt it was more from the point of view that it's better to master one system first, then move over to learning others.

(I'm mixing a little bit too and it's due to health benefits my body is hungry for a certain SYG sitting med and I can't see myself waiting for becoming proficient with FP first... but I don't do them in same session)

18 levels may be 18 seated and standing in total plus dynamic forms.

Yes that's what confused my initially with SYG - 72 levels. Now it being 72 meds it sounds a bit more doable.

As for FP levels, the website that sells level 2 meds has just 4 of them (and levels 3-5 offered but "sold out"), the other website has 5 sections just for level 2, in total 41 meditations for level 2. Even for level 1 yet another offers level 1 with 6 seated and 6 standing.

Edited by Leif

There are 18 levels with 36 meds in each. Anyhow I don't think anybody here going to do all of them. May be when first 2 are mastered then practice the rest during dream time, I dunno.

The name of the DVD series is Chikung for Health. And people really can benefit from it. That's probably was the idea to release first level which is good and safe for all people. Better than nothing. 

Edited by Antares

And yes, I myself am thinking. May be better to master FP to some degree and only then switch to SYG?

It is may be good to mix it when one is already mastered to some solid level and then add another BFP's system.

I believe it makes sense rather than mix when one is not mastered.

Any good thoughts on this?

In the last few day during my practice I get quite strong pressure in my forehead, mainly concentred between the eyebrows, in the area above the left eye and in left temple..

anyone with this occurrence?

also last night during a meditation session I've got a purple luminous light in my mind eye, anyway I'was swinging between aware and unconcious states so I've noticed it after some time. When I've noted it, it is vanished quite rapidly

• Like 1

This is Interesting question. I have never had lights or anything since I have been practiced. Just when I relax and concentrate ih my head I feel just peace there and it's like nice feeling of empty space...And I have more clarity

As for lights.. visions... entities... aliens.... The Tao which can be named is not eternal Tao.

We have to admit here that there is no big choice on the market.

The transmission factor... People say it's faster. And it's not dogma. It really helps. But difficult to find good teacher who can provide it for student

It could be there's larger choice off the market :). Ie. one on one from a teacher. Just much harder to find and more complicated for most folks. Out of what's on the public market, if there was no FP nor SYG, I'd choose Yi Gong though the chance to receive authentic teaching for level 2 and 3 is small.

I place teacher as a criterion same as or even higher than the system.

With those very spiritual or esoteric systems, I got a feeling that they are of course a bit hidden and they don't necessarily teach all levels anyway, sometimes not even to top picked-up personal students. Take Tao Tan Pai for example. Or the Wild Goose system I believe.

Maybe even Bruce Frantzis, do I recollect correcly that he received transmission from his sifu? But that doesn't matter for a standard student, what he shares publically (I have no clue about what he shares with top personal students) is just part of what he received and I doubt it includes any kind of what's called transmission.

Btw. YaMu on this forum gives transmission with his system. And Tai Shang Men is a publically accessible taoist sect which has some energetic system and they also give some kind of transmission, https://www.facebook.com/events/345257788909902/

And yes, I myself am thinking. May be better to master FP to some degree and only then switch to SYG?

It is may be good to mix it when one is already mastered to some solid level and then add another BFP's system.

I believe it makes sense rather than mix when one is not mastered.

Any good thoughts on this?

Of course just a noob opinion from me: a] so that it's faster and more motivating etc. to spend all time on just one system at the time b] even more importantly, so that you have a better feeling for cause and effect. Let's say you do both SYG and FP and you notice some energetic changes after a couple of days or weeks, how can you be sure as for whether it was due to SYG or FP or FP+SYG, whereas if you practice just one it's then easier to understand the subtler effects of each of the meditations. And that's the goal, meditations are a vehicle for your listening skills (at least from my little SYG point of view understanding).

Edited by Leif
  • Like 3

Let's say you do both SYG and FP and you notice some energetic changes after a couple of days or weeks, how can you be sure as for whether it was due to SYG or FP or FP+SYG, whereas if you practice just one it's then easier to understand the subtler effects of each of the meditations. And that's the goal, meditations are a vehicle for your listening skills (at least from my little SYG point of view understanding).

exactly...

• Like 1

Yes, there is the choice actually. Ya Mu is cool and I just forgot to mention him and his S-M system. Somebody who did FP and after switched to S-M said that with Ya Mu's transmission he has much more energy level. But every system has something better than another. In S-M one must practice every day for 3-5 hours and if not the energy dissipating what not the case with FP. With FP they say you can practice one hour only and miss even few days of practice.

And there are not only Taoist masters. Terry says that FP is very compatible with Tibetan yoga and may be tantra. It's just here people choose Taoist arts. FP can facilitate any other system one chooses. Comparing systems I meant those systems which have been released on DVDs. And there are few Taoist sect available who provide transmission. I just can not travel at the moment. And was looking system on DVD. The good with FP it stays with you and good for health and spirit development and compatible with many many other systems. We need some 12 months for foundation building and then they say it can be practiced for only 60 minutes or even less per day. And one will be able to heal himself and others. So I stick with FP solely for awhile

I have taken Ya Mu's seminar and also practice FP. It is not correct that one must practice his (ya mu's) system 3-5 hours /day- this is the case only if one is a professional healer and working on many people daily/weekly. If one is practicing for themselves/cultivation, and not healing others alot, recommended daily practice is one hour + /day. It is true, however, that Ya Mu says if you don't practice regularly/daily you can lose the transmission.

That being said, I gave up practicing Ya Mu's method for FP because I found that I wasn't barely feeling anything while practicing Ya Mu's stuff but feel ALOT from FP. The combination of not feeling anything and feeling obligated to practice everyday (which was difficult with my irregular schedule) was mostly what caused me to stop practicing Ya Mu's stuff.

Edited by growant
  • Like 1

Ya Mu's stuff is VERY serious as far I as realized. You must practice virtue and practice a lot every day for healing, yes.

In FP they say you can "go out" and enjoy. :) This is good. And in FP may be one hour is enough even for healing others. In S-M 3-5 hours. But I not thinking of healing yet. Just mentioned.

No, Ya Mu says you must practice virtue:

Intent alone doesn't do it.
It takes Virtue, raising of the energy body vibration rate, and the practice of Listening. Without the practice of Virtue it is extremely difficult if not impossible to raise the energy body vibration rate (purifying the energy body). Same goes for the practice of inner energetic development. And without practicing Listening we cannot develop discernment

And as far as I understand there is 500 hours program for healing skills.

Reminds me of Baskins and Robbins ice cream flavor of the Day with the mention of all these other systems of chi kung which people have investigated. I am impressed with the desire that all true seekers have to get to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Never have been to B&R.

How is the your mix of FP and Yi Gong btw? Does it give any flavour to your ice cream?

Do they complement each other?

Edited by Antares

Anyone is invited to read thru this thread to find Sifu Terry's comments about FP and Yi Gong and the period of time to wait in between doing the 2 methods.

I did research regarding buddhism deities. We must not refer to Vajrayana. Buddha Samanthabhadra himself has blue light.

af_samantabhadra_2009-250x340.jpg

Edited by Antares

Report: I completed 100 days of Long Form FP + one or (usually) more seated Monk Serves Wine in June. Mostly my energy stayed high and bp low. Then i took a short break, not stopping entirely, but just more free form. A little more concentration on my Tai Chi Chuan long form, which I am teaching. In addition i stumbled into the Stand Still Be Fit on youtube, instantly remembered that I had taught that during my time in New Orleans. Almost immediately, i was able to stand 40 min. Eight min per each of the 5 positions. I remember how hard it was for me to do 20 min in 1995, when I was still bicycling regularly and only 55 yrs. I attribute the 40 min to the last two years of FP LF (long form). I have done this now several times over the last week.

This week, I started disk 7 the advanced seated Monk Serves Wine. First set only so far. Immediately I noted that my rate of movement wanted to be much slower than MSW 1-3. Series 1 takes just under 30 min. There are too many observational sensations for me to write about today. I am very comfortable with the change in my practice this new addition has brought, but do wonder how I will do more time each day?

Also the FP LF continues to clock in at 20 +/- min, there is almost a block to trying to move more slowly and the benefits continue just the same so I am not trying to force it slower.

OK this is a long post for me. Enjoy reading all of your posts. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

• Like 6

I must have missed something somewhere in the thread since I don't know what 100 days refers to. Could someone plz explain that. I have been doing FP daily since March 2012 so I don't see the significance of 100 days.

riding - thanks for the progress report....amazing results! Especially the zhan zhuang stamina as a result of FP.

I know you will enjoy vol 7, as those exercises are very meditative. And yes, they do seem to give feedback to s-l-o-w down.

If you figure out a way to get more time each day for practice, please let me know. ;-)

Steve - 100 consecutive days is a "gong" in traditional Chinese terms.... it's considered the minimum amount of time to focus on a particular practice.

• Like 3

Steve - 100 consecutive days is a "gong" in traditional Chinese terms.... it's considered the minimum amount of time to focus on a particular practice.

i had forgotten that 'gong' issue. Several times in my 30+ years of tai chi, a teacher has recommended a practice to be followed for 100 days. That does not mean that one must end at 100, though I almost always reach a point that some new area of practice arises. Already looking forward to a 'gong' of advanced short form + advanced Monk Serves Wine. Self designed I hope to do two of the short standing and a seated form, but first I have to learn the seated forms. One down and 4 to go.

• Like 1