Taomeow

Buddhist cats

that catweed video is ridiculously ridiculous haahah

Yeah, I bought some catweed for one of my cats a long time ago but decided it wasn't a good idea because he became way too crazy.

Peace & Love!

Ok, so how do I explain to my cat that she is not getting any more food until she has found and eaten the mices that are around. I am tired to be waken at 5 am by mices running in the space between the ceiling and the roof!

I went with the cat to the roof, and raised some roof tiles, and proposed her to enter below, but she now pretends to be too much of a lady for that dirty job. I am tired of supporting such a useless bum cat! She should earn her food!!

Ok, so how do I explain to my cat that she is not getting any more food until she has found and eaten the mices that are around. I am tired to be waken at 5 am by mices running in the space between the ceiling and the roof!

I went with the cat to the roof, and raised some roof tiles, and proposed her to enter below, but she now pretends to be too much of a lady for that dirty job. I am tired of supporting such a useless bum cat! She should earn her food!!

Well, it's an interesting skill in cats, in that half of all the cats know it innately and will catch mice on instinct regardless of whether they were taught by their mother how to do it or not; while the other half will only know how to do it if they were taught. So your cat might be in that second category. So unless you are prepared to act as her surrogate mother and catch a mouse or two yourself and show her how it's done, she won't figure it out.

Source: Desmond Morris, Catwatching

Edited by Taomeow

Taomeow forgot to mention you have to eat it too after you catch it or the cat won't understand.

Well, it's an interesting skill in cats, in that half of all the cats know it innately and will catch mice on instinct regardless of whether they were taught by their mother how to do it or not; while the other half will only know how to do it if they were taught. So your cat might be in that second category. So unless you are prepared to act as her surrogate mother and catch a mouse or two yourself and show her how it's done, she won't figure it out.

Source: Desmond Morris, Catwatching

Well, the lady is absolutely able to remain by herself for some months. When I bought the house, she came with it. And the previous owner was dead from a couple of years. So she "should" know how to catch them. I mean, every single door has a cat hole to let the cat in.

Is how to teach your cat to catch mice, one of those secret pieces of chi gung that you are keeping for yourself in case you get old and weak? Because I might be prepared to pay quite something. But you would have to come here and show it to me.

Taomeow forgot to mention you have to eat it too after you catch it or the cat won't understand.

raw :lol:

I am pretty sure once the mouse is dead the cat will get the hint...

Do you see that lovely non-existant smile on the monk's face? You can really tell that he's not doing it just for the money. :lol: