SheepishLord

My new blog...

Hey everyone, you may want to bookmark my new blog, www.nyctaoist.com because I will be dumping all my stories, travels and discoveries in one place.

My old info page on taobum.com is no more, but all relevant information (and then some) will be reincarnated on this blog-o'-mine.

Eric is in jail??? I'm glad for his sake that he left his Uzi in the car, but it sounds like he may be angling for his transition pretty soon. Plato, if you are still in contact with him, get him to be a Buddhist--it sounds like he needs to muster out of energy work asap.

Kids... don't do energy cultivation if you are feeling bad--I've heard that advice from a number of chikung gurus and this is a good example of what can happen. And it might be wise to balance energy work with meditation even if you are feeling good.

-Yoda

I've heard recommendations about not doing meditations when you feel negative. But there are active positive meditations that might get you out of your funk, and watching the disturbed mind is important part of getting whole.

On the other hand, when you're really depressed its probably best to move the body. Lift weights, run, burn it out. Let the mind follow the body into exhaustion so that the angry circular thoughts dissippate.

And I'd be careful about advice in prison like, 'You ought to become a Buddhist'. There's always a chance they'll say, "Couldn't hear that come a little closer.. still couldn't a little closer please". When you come nearer they wrap there hands around your throat and scream, "Buddha this you asshole".

Seen it happen a million time :) . Unasked for religious advice to people facing long jail terms can provoke strong reactions. Even Gandhi kicked a guard in the nuts once for asking, "Have you found Jesus?"

Peas

Michael

Even Gandhi kicked a guard in the nuts once for asking, "Have you found Jesus?" 

Peas

Michael

9397[/snapback]

:D

Hard to believe. Can you give me a reference for that (I just ended his autobiography and this event was not there, while there was the only time he hit one of his students, and how he started shaking afterwards)

there's usually a sheet of plexiglass that guards the converting party these days, so Plato should be in good shape, but point well taken.

Actually, on a more serious note, I don't think it is dangerous to mix negativity and energy generation/circulation practices for the average joe. He/she will naturally drift away from the practice in time if they stay in the funk. It's just the hardcore joe who has serious discipline will eventually take ill or become a warmonger.

I knew him through meeting him in the early eighties while studying with Chia. I knew he was into magic since we discussed Bardons work then. He talked about Crowley, and boasted that through a ritual he had done he had brought about the end of the Vietnam War. It one thing to be into evocation for your own development but it seems that using it to alter the outer world or trying to ultimately leads to weird tweeks in the fabric of self and perception.

To Pietro,

Gandhi was quite the wild man in his youth. He'd walk into bars get loaded pick fights w/ strangers and pretty much demolish the place. I'd tell him, relax Gandhi, your too high strung, mellow out man.

Wait a second, wich Gandhi do you think I'm referring to? This is the Gandhi who lives on Fourth and Linden :)

Peas

Michael

To Pietro,

Gandhi was quite the wild man in his youth.  He'd walk into bars get loaded pick fights w/  strangers and pretty much demolish the place.  I'd tell him, relax Gandhi, your too high strung, mellow out man.

Wait a second, wich Gandhi do you think I'm referring to?  This is the Gandhi who lives on Fourth and Linden :)

Peas

Michael

9427[/snapback]

Ah, that Gandhi. :lol: