I still wish someone could tell me what the tightly clenched downward fists mean and do.

My grandfather had a brain stroke in the right hemisphere that caused him to be completely paralyzed in the left half of the body. I remember his left hand was not functional and he was keeping the hand in the position you drew, so I suppose that you lost the control of the motric nerves/centers of the hand at some point. Maybe some brain regions were touched during the practice that caused the hand posture. Spontaneous qigong is not good when you loose the control of the body, I don't want to scare you but I suggest you when that happens again to have the control of your posture and movement.

Edit:

Any movement/position have agonist and antagonist set of muscles and also it is possible that some agonist muscles to be overly excited by neural signals and to force the muscles to strain while the antagonist muscles to be relaxed.

Edited by steam

Spontaneous qigong is not good when you loose the control of the body

'You' lose the control of 'the body'? - who is this 'you'?

There is 'a you' that manages to run your whole biological system without control...

what in the world is controlled spontaneous qigong like?

I like the idea of that! :lol: choreographed spontaneity xD

That triangle thing looks a little like a mudra that stimlates the brains intelectuall centers. If the thumb points up along with the other fingers it would be the same. You will find that mudra in some books on bodylanguage as an example of something some people do when they are in a thinking mode and very sure of themselves, if not outright arrogant. But this one with the thumbs up look more like yoni mudra but the other way I think. In the bihar book asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha you have accurate descriptions of a lot of mudras. I will try to remember to check it but I am very forgetfull these days (seriously I am having memory problems). I think tehre should be yoga and maybe kriya yoga forums where people know more.

http://cgullworld.blogspot.com/2007/11/hak...for-memory.html

Edited by markern

'You' lose the control of 'the body'? - who is this 'you'?

There is 'a you' that manages to run your whole biological system without control...

what in the world is controlled spontaneous qigong like?

I like the idea of that! :lol: choreographed spontaneity xD

It's really just subconscious and unconscious impressions coming to the surface. The entire history of being is contained in each and every being and the awakening of "light" of a spiritual dimension opens up these damns that hold together our sense of limitedness. Thus, things like this start happening.

Yoga postures and such things actually were inspired by the awakening of this "illumination" of a spiritual nature.

I'm sure the same goes for Chi practices and now what was once spontaneously inspired is taught as a system to bring beings back to the source of inspiration within.

I used to do all of these and more, spontaneously, when I first started really practicing kundalini yoga. :)

mudra.jpg

This one is the Dharma chakra mudra or wheel of the Buddha. I would do this lots myself. This was probably my most common one in fact. It feels centered and blissful!!

mudra2.jpg

This one is open space, or Akasha mudra. Also one I did quite often! Still do... it feels good, balancing and opening!

The other two I don't know the names of right off hand. There are lots and lots of mudra books though. You can put that word into the Amazon search engine and get tons of selections. I guess you should pick the one with the best reviews? I'd go through it normally, but I'm just going to bed now.

Maybe some others will chime in?

SereneBlue I know next to nothing about Mudras but I knew I had something among my thousands of bookmarks, it goes to say I cannot guarantee that this is valid info. You'll have to check further.

http://images.google.no/imgres?imgurl=http...sa%3DN%26um%3D1

bnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmahasirs%2Bmudra%26hl%3Dno%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

grr.. check the

Dharmachakra Mudra under the link yoga mudra. :)

Edited by rain