Thunder_Gooch

$199 Computer Based EEG (Brainwave Monitor) Now Shipping.

I believe it works on windows and mac. They allow you to develop applications and resell them, also there is a project called open eeg you may be interested in http://openeeg.sourceforge.net/doc/

Hi Brian! Yes mine is supposed to be here today, after work I will post my review. :)

As a user of mind workstation I've been waiting for this device for over a year! The release date was suppose to be around the[next, so price may drop] holiday season, for about sixty dollars.The only limitation according to the scientists at transparent is that the eeg can't penetrate the deeper parts of the brain.Only the frontal lobe and usually they[eeg] can only deal with beta and alpha brain waves.Perhaps they've perfected the technology? Let us know!

Edited by enouch

I also have and use Wild Divine Biofeedback.

One important definition that I didn't find on this thread is that Biofeedback is a modern way to make a workable link between the Mind and the Body, in such a way, that a practicioner's experience would not be confined inside the limits of his/her own imagination...

Whatever you can measure, you can control...

Heart-rate, Skin response, Brain-wave... and these are steps and tools that can help during meditation. If meditation is what is supposed to be, you need all the help you can get :)

L1

I have looked at the NeuroSky home page and I cant figure out what I will get for $199 more then a wireless headphone... to much dreams and no information... it just tickle :unsure: my mind to push the buy button but will I really get anything useful. I think if it exist they should put out the manual and a picture on what are included for $199 with technical description on each gadget.

I believe it works on windows and mac. They allow you to develop applications and resell them, also there is a project called open eeg you may be interested in http://openeeg.sourceforge.net/doc/

Hi Brian! Yes mine is supposed to be here today, after work I will post my review. :)

Thanks.

I think we are all very excited to read the review. COnsider even to make a video of you opening the box and so on. This could make us drooling :).

On the other hand if it can only measure alpha and beta it is obviously not advanced enough for any serious application.

If you look at the video from Ken Wilber, the machine the guy is using is an olotester. I found the website and contacted them time ago. It only worked on windows. Also when I asked some neuroscientists about it they told me that you can't really rely only on measurements done on the temporal lobe. Mostly because they are really spoiled by the muscles under the place where you measure.

In any case it was interesting how they measured the wave in 64 components (the 64 bars, *2 right and left). I hope we can do something similar with this toy.

Here is a .jpg of brainwaves during a metta meditation session I did.

The headset is wireless with blue tooth, and has its own internal battery.

It does measure up to 50hz in high gamma.

So far I love it. I am late for work otherwise I would post more.

post-35643-1250362837_thumb.jpg

Here is a .jpg of brainwaves during a metta meditation session I did.

The headset is wireless with blue tooth, and has its own internal battery.

It does measure up to 50hz in high gamma.

So far I love it. I am late for work otherwise I would post more.

It seems to indicate theta or delta? How low can it go? What about other regions of the brain? How about neurofeedback?

It seems to indicate theta or delta? How low can it go? What about other regions of the brain? How about neurofeedback?

If you notice the chart on the right it moves around like visualizations on windows media player, its stretched out more towards high and low gamma than anything else, focus and meditation meters were high. before I broke my concentration to take a screenshot it was much higher. I must say I am impressed with this unit, I hope more applications come with time, I would like to be able to record the data in a readout over time, and be able to have it play gamma etc freqs as audio so I can close my eyes while meditating and just listen to the it via audio feedback.

If you notice the chart on the right it moves around like visualizations on windows media player, its stretched out more towards high and low gamma than anything else, focus and meditation meters were high. before I broke my concentration to take a screenshot it was much higher. I must say I am impressed with this unit, I hope more applications come with time, I would like to be able to record the data in a readout over time, and be able to have it play gamma etc freqs as audio so I can close my eyes while meditating and just listen to the it via audio feedback.

Sounds like np2 or mindworkstation might be used in conjunction with it.Sorry to be slow but again what about deep theta or delta? Workstation interacts with e.e.g.'s but the enterprise software is so expensive.The software allows you to entrain any sound file and control sound variables/screen visualizations by eeg or biofeedback.

Sounds like np2 or mindworkstation might be used in conjunction with it.Sorry to be slow but again what about deep theta or delta? Workstation interacts with e.e.g.'s but the enterprise software is so expensive.The software allows you to entrain any sound file and control sound variables/screen visualizations by eeg or biofeedback.

not sure I'll look into it when I have more time, I'm going to be busy for a few months with extra work. :C I hate work. I have dreams about working. LOL. I did emptiness meditation and could increase delta waves at will, did visualization and could increase theta at will, its very cool.

not sure I'll look into it when I have more time, I'm going to be busy for a few months with extra work. :C I hate work. I have dreams about working. LOL. I did emptiness meditation and could increase delta waves at will, did visualization and could increase theta at will, its very cool.

What about feedback from this tool, as I understand, you could look on a histogram of the spectrum up to 50 hz during the meditation and influence it by your mind, but it could not help you with sound. rigth?

What kind of sensor and how many have this tool?

Just rember you can download np2 or workstation enterprise or any version for 15 days for free!

Here are a coople of toys that are out now.

Mindflex Game for 80$

The Force Trainer Mind Control Headset for 120$

The Emotiv is not out for consumers nov but developer kits are availebe

its has 16 sensors, and vill go for about 300$ for consumers.

The toys are ok i think to give a little feed back at reasonable prise but i would not expect mutch from them.

Has anyone watched this?

"Ken Wilber Stops His Brain Waves"

Pretty fascinating.

I tried to get a hold on the producers of that Mind Mirror device Wilber is using, but till now all i got is zilch.

The MM looks way better than SkyMind... Does anybody have any idea where i can order it?

Zillion thanx :)

I tried to get a hold on the producers of that Mind Mirror device Wilber is using, but till now all i got is zilch.

The MM looks way better than SkyMind... Does anybody have any idea where i can order it?

Zillion thanx :)

I was fortunate enough to be able to use a mind mirror many years ago. They are great fun. I was able to "stop" my brainwaves too. I looked into buying one a few years ago, but they were very expensive. I can't remember how much they were, but they were 1,000's. They were developed before there were home computers, so I expect you can get something that works the same for 100's - like the mindset.

Way :)

Hello, I also have the neurosky mindset, it's actually pretty impressive, you can code programs for it in c java and assembly, and it has full raw EEG data output, comes with wireless bluetooth stereo heaphones and a headset unit so you can talk on the phone or skype with it as well. I'm creating a forum with Mindset and other EEG device users, I will give the link here shortly, I hope the mods don't mind, it's in no way competition for this forum.