chicultivation

Should a Taoist Forum focus primarily on Taoism?

Do we need a Buddhist perspective on everything here - even if irrelevant?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Is constant Buddhist banter bothersome?

• Yes, totally irritating.
    • Somewhat, keep Buddhist topics limited to one or more specific threads.
    • Have a seperate Buddhist section where Buddhists can talk and preach freely.
    • No, Buddhists can express their disagreement and explanations in every thread, its fine.
    • Buddhist talk can be allowed in the main forum but in a controlled way i.e. posters limit their posts to a reasonable number and post when relevant

It can be accomplished if there is only ond Buddhist.

It cannot be done if there is more than one Buddhist because no Buddhist will ever agree with another Buddhist as to what a light bulb realy is.

Be well!

:D

QUOTE(Marblehead @ Aug 15 2009, 07:51 PM)

It can be accomplished if there is only ond Buddhist.

It cannot be done if there is more than one Buddhist because no Buddhist will ever agree with another Buddhist as to what a light bulb realy is.

Be well!

That's not true. We all would agree that the light bulb is dependently originated and inherent empty and is only relatively existent.

:P

I speak for all Buddhists and semi-Buddhists and non-Buddhists who are interested in Dharma when I say that nobody is preaching, we are just having discussions. If you feel threatened or get angry and don't want to participate, then don't. It's as simple as that. Having polls like this and voting that its irritating only shows your own lack of security and unwillingness to have simple discussion. This is afterall a discussion forum, and i've been here for 2 years and it's never been solely a discussion about Taoism. so lighten up people, and open up. :)

That's not true. We all would agree that the light bulb is dependently originated and inherent empty and is only relatively existent.

:P

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Be well!

I speak for all Buddhists and semi-Buddhists and non-Buddhists who are interested in Dharma when I say that nobody is preaching, we are just having discussions. If you feel threatened or get angry and don't want to participate, then don't. It's as simple as that. Having polls like this and voting that its irritating only shows your own lack of security and unwillingness to have simple discussion. This is afterall a discussion forum, and i've been here for 2 years and it's never been solely a discussion about Taoism. so lighten up people, and open up. :)

I do not disagree with this. However, I would like to suggest that we include the Taoist perspective in our discussion where possible as there are many members here who are trying to gain further understand of the Taoist belief systems.

I realize that this is not always possible but where we can, Okay?

Be well!

Yes, we Taoists are supposed to be tolerant.

What is this BS of we taoists are supposed to be tolerant?

We express the fullness of nature.

What about the rage and force of a thunderstorm!

Where is tiger, Chen, Thunder!

yuefei2.jpg

It's just that a mighty storm

doesn't last

long. :)

Be well (to all the Buddhists too!)

What is this BS of we taoists are supposed to be tolerant?

We express the fullness of nature.

What about the rage and force of a thunderstorm!

Where is tiger, Chen, Thunder!

yuefei2.jpg

It's just that a mighty storm

doesn't last

long. :)

Be well (to all the Buddhists too!)

Hehehe. Belly laughs. Yeah! We is tigers too. (But we never advertise our strengths as that would allow our enemy to more easily find our weaknesses.)

Be well! and thanks for the laughs.

I would like to suggest to the subject of dealing with personal conflict Sun-tzu's "Art Of War" is an excellent guide. And it is my understanding that his teachings are completely within the realm of Taoist philosophy.

Be well!

I would like to suggest to the subject of dealing with personal conflict Sun-tzu's "Art Of War" is an excellent guide. And it is my understanding that his teachings are completely within the realm of Taoist philosophy.

Be well!

It is. How would you apply it in this situation?

It is. How would you apply it in this situation?

Oh my goodness. It has been so long since I have read it. Allow me a little time and I will get back on this, Okay?

Be well!

I just let loose over at another thread about this topic.

I distrust any belief system

ANY.

I am a seeker.

I am not a Taoist

I am not a Buddhist

I am not a Christian etc etc...

I do hold many of these systems' ideas to be part of the "truth" or the "reality" I seek.

This fine site will only get stronger having to deal with the yearning for attention that a few immature, if well read folks tender... IF the dogmatic, narrow-minded approach of some here is taken as being only rude and silly. The tempest in a tea-cup will subside & of course everything will change somemore...It too will pass...

For my own take on the other issue... The way of the master means that - The fight is over before it began!

Know when to retreat

when to fight

when to love...when to tolerate, & when to leave well enough alone or when to take action against something (anything) etc etc

Non-violence justs does not always work. It is a preference not a rule of action. All things in their own time.

When evil or danger arrive - we must be ready and able to fight it. Nature does not have druthers in these arguments.

love to all- Pat

Oh my goodness. It has been so long since I have read it. Allow me a little time and I will get back on this, Okay?

Be well!

I haven't forgotten. Almost finished getting a working copy on my computer so I can access it properly.

Be well!

I just let loose over at another thread about this topic.

I distrust any belief system

ANY.

I am a seeker.

I am not a Taoist

I am not a Buddhist

I am not a Christian etc etc...

I do hold many of these systems' ideas to be part of the "truth" or the "reality" I seek.

What if eventually you find this view to be reflective of narrow mindedness and dogmatic?

I did... as I used to have a view quite similar to the one you just shared. It was a reflection of a lack of study and spiritual experience on my part and just a reflection of seeing this and that from here and there, mostly taken out of context and mis-interpreted from the whole context of the body that the piece of information came from.

Best of luck... as if I believed in random occurrence.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Don't let this thread be hacked into a thread on the nature of reality.

There are already plenty of places to discuss this.

Don't respond to provocations, here.

Thanks.

Don't let this thread be hacked into a thread on the nature of reality.

There are already plenty of places to discuss this.

Don't respond to provocations, here.

Thanks.

Why not? :)

Usually, some conversation between adherents of different religious paths is a good thing, IMHO. It's actually the reason I registered here.

But, what I've seen here is preposterous.

I guess it's the nature of the net to have people acting like spoiled teenagers with no sense of propriety at all, while claiming higher attainments ( as if that means anything! ) than anyone and running roughshod over every thread they can find.

Apologies for the grumpy introduction :P

Usually, some conversation between adherents of different religious paths is a good thing, IMHO. It's actually the reason I registered here.

I guess it's the nature of the net to have people acting like spoiled teenagers with no sense of propriety at all, while claiming higher attainments ( as if that means anything! ) than anyone and running roughshod over every thread they can find.

Oh were hardly everywhere, only where misunderstanding abounds... why not try to correct peoples mis-understandings? Only ego's get mad. :P

If you actually follow the threads fully, you might actually learn some things... because there is an escalation of clarity as questions get answered and questions are made.

If your grumpy, get more sleep, or meditate more so that you can have a more objective outlook on life and not get caught up in subjective opinion making... :)

Oh were hardly everywhere, only where misunderstanding abounds... why not try to correct peoples mis-understandings? Only ego's get mad. :P

If you actually follow the threads fully, you might actually learn some things... because there is an escalation of clarity as questions get answered and questions are made.

If your grumpy, get more sleep, or meditate more so that you can have a more objective outlook on life and not get caught up in subjective opinion making... :)

Hehe, I rest my case :P

sure, see, only egos get mad...

jeez...

when i look at the pool results, i can't help wonder:

as buddhists, they surely create quite alot of psychollogical suffering... :unsure:

Hi Fruitzilla, and welcome

You missed the line:

"You are obviously going through, an adolescence phase"

Evita, Madonna, Evita.

;-)

In Italy we say "we are at the fruit" (Siamo alla frutta) to mean that we have reached the real limit on something. That enough is enough, and something gota change. Well, we are at the fruit, Zilla

Sorry couldn't contain myself ;-)

Hehe, I rest my case :P

Yes, yes... rest your case... that heavy suitcase is a good thing to rest... put it down. All that subjective viewing causing you blurry vision. Let it go like an empty and lost suitcase once used for traveling to bitter projections and long held habit patterns.

B)

sure, see, only egos get mad...

jeez...

when i look at the pool results, i can't help wonder:

as buddhists, they surely create quite alot of psychollogical suffering... :unsure:

Oh no, no... that's not seeing with wisdom at all. You see, if you really look at yourself objectively, you'll see that the only buttons that get pushed are the ones that exist.

You see? ;)

P.S. I remember a wisdom... never blame the button pusher for pushing a button that I hard wired myself over lifetimes of careful consideration based on attachment to delusion. :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Hi Fruitzilla, and welcome

You missed the line:

;-)

In Italy we say "we are at the fruit" (Siamo alla frutta) to mean that we have reached the real limit on something. That enough is enough, and something gota change. Well, we are at the fruit, Zilla

Sorry couldn't contain myself ;-)

It does seem like it, doesn't it?

Thanks for the joke and the welcome!

I'm glad to see that this thread is moving along rather constructively.

Well, The thread, afterall, is a discussion of whether or not a Buddhist's perspective is of any value in a discussion of Taoist concepts so I would think that if a Buddhist is going to submit their 'personal opinion' it should be centered on what value added a comment from a Buddhist would afford.

I have things to do today but I'm not going to forget this thread. Hehehe.

Be well!

I'm glad to see that this thread is moving along rather constructively.

Well, The thread, afterall, is a discussion of whether or not a Buddhist's perspective is of any value in a discussion of Taoist concepts so I would think that if a Buddhist is going to submit their 'personal opinion' it should be centered on what value added a comment from a Buddhist would afford.

Actually,

animi-bow.gif

Sensei!,

as everything furthers.

I am very grateful to the Buddhists in this thread for tempting us,

they are focusing the thread into its real aim.

And helping the taoist community join together.

I have things to do today but I'm not going to forget this thread. Hehehe.

Yes,

animi-bow.gif

Sensei!,

Be well!

Thank You,

animi-bow.gif

Sensei!.