findley

KUNLUN IS A FALSE WAY

I also question whether energy work brings real enlightenment.

the basis of the argument on this thread seems to stem from the question:

Does enlightenment have a form (energy work)

Or is it formless (emptiness)

I am of the opinion that it is both. It is the union of form and formless. shakti and shiva.

this is the mysterious pass, as i understand it.

^_^

Guest winpro07

I was at my grandparents the other night. Both are dieing, but gma was going first.I put my hand on her head and said goodbye. I immediately fell ill and suffered death pain all night till she died at 3 am. The pain filled my whole body and started in my spine, just as hers. My body was completely drained and my health deteriorated till yesterday after noon when i checked into the emergency and was diagnosed with acute appendicitis. They operated half hour later...what a trip. When i came too i was in a recovery room staring at a poster of palms trees on a wall in front of me. Years ago after first introduction to the Berkeley psychic institute I had a vision exactly same as my moment in the operating room including the nurses standing round . It was one of those visions where you go from driving in a car to a totally different place and back again in no time though 5 minutes feels to pass. I shared that vision with someone (back then) who would remember. I asked her to recall just a while ago and she confirmed what i had said over 20 years ago. I said that it meant something bad would befall me and would be a trauma that brings me back full circle to who i was back then very bright-aware (awake) and about to go to sleep. I knew it was coming and that memories had to be formed. A week ago was driving past that hospital and got into resistance to the place (never liked doctors) and fell into a day dream about having my appendix out. The memory was sparked by the thought of my brother having his appendix out at the same hospital that same day of the vision. I hadn't gone to see him back then. Sleep no longer seems possible. and suffering never was essential..I just picked up some family program, though those program are what allow connection to the larger accidental dream of humanity i no longer prefer the dream.....

Alternately: years ago I was lifting and herniated my belly button. It was unsightly after that. I had never considered fixing it till two weeks back while writing at this same coffeee shop (hmm) and had another dreaming about getting it fixed. I have no health coverage so cosmetic surgery seemed out but still in the dream i put forth subtle intent and saw the manifestation just the same. The first thing the surgeon said when he came to advise me was " I am aware of your hernia and will fix it for you..

two birds navel gazing caught up by one stone.

they said I had a stone stuck in my appendix Ha ha

He he ..intent within unconsciousness.

Ho ho

How many minutes of these day will i intend and how many are a dream gifted with an uncertain ending?

Edited by winpro07

A friend of mine once said he read a Zen master say,

"There are no enlightened beings, only enlightened actions."

:)

Yes, but that's just talking about dependent origination, where no essence is found. From all practical purposes, this can be a mis-used quote, because relatively, there are enlightened beings. Though ultimately, there is only display, so an enlightened being is known by that display which may either be conventional or non-conventional..."crazy wisdom".

Guest winpro07

Kunlun Red Phoenix is about manifestation or better still materialization and the ability to intend either into the dream or, of a new dream. The larger body of intent is ever present and when we gain access to a part of it, it seems as if we were already enlightened.

Edited by winpro07

P.S. thank you for the criticism, mal ! You haven't gotten very far, either !

This is very true, but we have our entire life to travel yet, no rush (hopefully :lol: )

I inquire to your history as I worry about you. I like your childlike quality, but if you get baned from here you have already said you have nowhere else to post. And I don't want you to be alone.

Winpro, thanks for sharing :wub:

the basis of the argument on this thread seems to stem from the question:

Does enlightenment have a form (energy work)

Or is it formless (emptiness)

Yes, we need to read that neat kundalin yoga vs Zen story again

http://wer1family.wordpress.com/2007/09/18...ditation-zazen/

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

and they have failed entirely to level themselves to relevant discussion of the topic at hand. (which has been mostly ignored.)

Opps sorry about that :lol:

No KUNLUN is not a false way it is but a a key to unlocking your own mystery.

If it fits your lock, awesome. B)

If it doesn't turn & open, or even fit into the lock, no matter. Just try another key.

YMMV.

To illustrate with an example: it is my opinion that Zen practitioners are actually less likely to recognize the Mysterious Pass, because they are more likely to CLING to zen traditions, rituals, and 'emptiness'.

It is like this.

IMHO,

You can say that about any tradition, any practice, any philosophy, any way of life.

Especially from the outsider looking in it looks as if the practitioners are attached. But it really varies according to the individual. They don't call it the Way or the Vehicle for nothing.

our collective mistake is in assuming enlightenment as having access to the source or great body of awareness (intent) is enough. The path in occurs with the accumulation of a specific "energy" that allows a connects between the large body and the small. the internal process that opens that gate and allows

enlightenment or better still Intent is begun or found with the root practices, which ever you choose

If I understand you correctly,

Are you saying that Intent, and the abilities of its manifestation become greater as more energies are accessed?

And Intent is same as Awareness?

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

I am of the opinion that it is both. It is the union of form and formless. shakti and shiva.

this is the mysterious pass, as i understand it.

^_^

I believe you have a proper understanding.

Be well!

intent precedes all else

Action with intent is not wu wei.

Be well!

"This sham qigong master thought if he could not answer this question, people would know he was a sham. Therefore, he dared to make up a story, saying that the One Aperture of the Mysterious Pass was at the tip of one's penis."

-I look forward to getting to beijing :rolleyes:

Findley, how will you find a good teacher in Beijing? What are you looking for and whats your criteria?

Thanks

Michael

Lin Aiwei is probably an awesome source for info.

haha, well--

I well ask them for their wisdom concerning enlightenment-- or the key to immortality. I will ask them to illuminate the 'Secret of the Golden Flower'; seeking their understanding of the Mysterious Pass.

If they do not emphasize the concept of the Mysterious Pass, nor speak the language of the Tao Te Ching, (likely, giving me answers concerning energetic practices,) ...I will understand that they are liars.

I think I can narrow my search, however, by seeking teachers of specific texts, primarily of the 'Secret of the Golden Flower,' but perhaps other texts pertaining to the school of Complete Reality.

I don't think I will be hyper-critical myself, but just rather let them speak for themselves.

...otherwise... Virtually anyone has the capacity to teach a long and short form of Tai-Chi, that I can take back to Memphis and make some $$$ teaching it myself B)

I am so bad !

If I do not find a teacher who has mastered the Mysterious Pass, (or otherwise convinces me of his enlightenment,) then I will be hold work-shops on that subject, a la the Secret of the Golden Flower and Tao Te Ching, on my own accord.

If I am really lucky, and do a good job of tending my own being towards the Mysterious Pass, mayhaps a teacher will find me?

who is Lin Aiwei ? a taobum?

ok.........

It is good that you have confidence in yourself.

May your quest for a teacher be fruitful.

I think energy(qi) work has its purpose, and can be part of a practice leading to enlightenment. Sometimes after working with qi, we work with the light. The path to enlightenment involves many mental disciplines. Even meditation alone is no good, as we have to remain in control when we are not sitting. Energy work done properly promotes a healthy mind and body, giving us more time and probability for enlightenment. But what do I know, Im just a piss ant fool. Great question ! We should always question.

I also question whether energy work brings real enlightenment.

I think energy(qi) work has its purpose, and can be part of a practice leading to enlightenment. Sometimes after working with qi, we work with the light. The path to enlightenment involves many mental disciplines. Even meditation alone is no good, as we have to remain in control when we are not sitting. Energy work done properly promotes a healthy mind and body, giving us more time and probability for enlightenment. But what do I know, Im just a piss ant fool. Great question ! We should always question.

We must be like a golden cup to receive and hold the dragon milk. We must be like a diamond in order to sparkle brilliantly to attract many to the path of great blessing.

We must be like a golden cup to receive and hold the dragon milk. We must be like a diamond in order to sparkle brilliantly to attract many to the path of great blessing.

That is soooo unBuddhist and unTaoist. :D

Be well!

LOL! You haven't read much poetry of the Mahasiddha's have ya? Mahamudra means great stance.

Maitripa's Essential Mahamudra Verses

Translated into English by Nicole Riggs.

To innermost bliss, I pay homage!

if not for profit and with full acknowledgement.

Nice. Now that is very Taoist (using Bugghist words).

That is basically what I have been trying to say in Findley's two threads.

Yes, I confess! I don't read much Buddhists literature. B)

Be well!