Guest sykkelpump

Falun gong,anyone having any good exeperience with it?

Guest sykkelpump

I have done it for a week and are actually very impressed

Anyone here who have been practising falun gong for a longer period?.Any good or bad experience?

Anyone here who have been practising falun gong for a longer period?.Any good or bad experience?

Beware! I rather you practise something else. There are many other tried and proven legitimate systems out there.

http://www.buddhismaustralia.org/cults.htm

I did it for a few years every day, often twice... It was really good. It developed some siddhi's and gave me a very tangible experience of 'presence' but I would advise that you don't associate with the nutbars that teach it much. I simply learnt it and got out of there and practice myself.

I stopped in the end because its a go nowhere system. to progress in its practice and learn deeper levels you have to be part of their Cult and - No @##%! way! :lol:

I would rather associate with systems and teachers that are 'clean'. Li Hong zi is a fraud.

Have you tried Spring Forest?

• Like 1

Guest sykkelpump

I did it for a few years every day, often twice... It was really good. It developed some siddhi's and gave me a very tangible experience of 'presence' but I would advise that you don't associate with the nutbars that teach it much. I simply learnt it and got out of there and practice myself.

I stopped in the end because its a go nowhere system. to progress in its practice and learn deeper levels you have to be part of their Cult and - No @##%! way! :lol:

I would rather associate with systems and teachers that are 'clean'. Li Hong zi is a fraud.

Have you tried Spring Forest?

Yes I have tried spring forest and it is great,but I just wanted to give falun gong a try since it is so much talked about.And I only care about the exercises and not the rest of it

Edited by sykkelpump

Any particular thing you feel lacking in SFQ or something better in Falun that you would like to try these exercises?

For example, I use xiang gong from time to time when I need to generate a substantial amount of chi in a short period of time and put it to specific use or when I don't want to really use my mind to guide the chi like in SFQ.

Two things Chunyi Lin states are:

1. SFQ is a medical Qigong system and there are others, spiritual, martial arts etc. While these are inter-related and share some common elements, goal of SFQ is healing. He does indicate that you can "expand" this practice beyond the healing aspect but its goal is not really alchemy but healing.

2. He also states you cannot become a master by practicing SFQ. You can heal, yourself and others, but not become a Qigong master. I will ask him next time what he means by a "master" though :)

Edited by Siliconvalley1

Guest sykkelpump

Any particular thing you feel lacking in SFQ or something better in Falun that you would like to try these exercises?

For example, I use xiang gong from time to time when I need to generate a substantial amount of chi in a short period of time and put it to specific use or when I don't want to really use my mind to guide the chi like in SFQ.

1. SFQ is a medical Qigong system and there are others, spiritual, martial arts etc. While these are inter-related and share some common elements, goal of SFQ is healing. He does indicate that you can "expand" this practice beyond the healing aspect but its goal is not really alchemy but healing.

2. He also states you cannot become a master by practicing SFQ. You can heal, yourself and others, but not become a Qigong master. I will ask him next time what he means by a "master" though :)

No I doesent think spring forest lack anything.My main practice is anapanasati and the white skeleton meditation.And I belive meditation is the most importent practice you can do.But I especially like exersise 4 in falun,because it makes much sense to moving the hands along the big heavenly circuit

The implants you talk about is a Falun wheel that is installed in your lower abdomen Li Hongzhi apparently installs if you are a genuine cultivator. It spins. When I did Falun Gong, I would get a quite tangible and intense of spinning in my lower abdomen. I really do not understand this stuff.

In his lectures Li Hongzhi also said that in Tantra you got a Sri Tantra installed in your lower abdomen, he said that was the only other genuine cultivation path. In his lectures he seemed to say if you wanted genuine cultivation you'd either have to do Falun Gong, or go to Tibet and never come back!

Apparently Li Hongzhi said that not one of his students may ever reach one hundredth of his level, not exactly encouraging :(

That Falun Wheel is supposed to work to purify you even when you cannot practice. This is simmilar to what I have heard about Kunlun. Other parellels are ETs, masters (astral?) who come to watch and observe you while you practice. Yet another parellel with kunlun is that Li Hongzhi says it doesn't matter what you eat.

Well at least Falun Gong is free, all the books, everything, but if you dedicate its a hefty price! But if you succeed..... Who knows whether anythings at the end of the tunnel? ;)

But the whole phenomenom is creepy. Like what is apprently going on in China with the persecution, how they are harvesting their organs .etc, WTF is going on there? Maybe qigong masters are an ancient form of drug dealer, dishing out mystical experiences..... And since society wants us to all be linear-minded.... Just a thought.

I am just parroting what I've been told, so don't get tetchy thinking I'm an advocate or cult member or anything.... I don't do Falun Gong, did it, mostly on my own...

What attracted me with Falun Gong was the making of spiritual bodies, so you can escape death and rebirth. Wasn't interested in becoming a healer, a teacher, or a master PUA ( :) ), or being one of those Law of Attraction con-men. Now, I can not even believe if they exist or not, I haven't a clue.

Another thing, in an interview with Li Hongzhi it seemed to indicate he still had to practiced. Now, that for me is not a good signal, that he still has to practice. I only ever practiced anything to gain an end. Yet if he is enlightened why is he still practicing? I want to be free of practice so immediatly I can sweep that aside (for me personally).

I kind of like his stance on medicine even though everyone hates it lol. Maybe if I am ever in severe pain i will change my mind, but hopefully I could get hold of some Mary Jane ;) instead of that pharmaceutical filth. The body can heal itself, and so many things latch on to this fact and create cults.

Also, Seth Ananda how is Li Hongzhi a fraud? I find this kind of stuff entertaining :) (read a lot of U G K)

Could you please get his input on Robert Peng's abilities,Wang Liping's teachings, Drew said Chunny respected Yan Xin's practices and abilities-can you verify? Also ask him about his impression of John Chang's cultivation level.Sean Denty showed the John Chang video to Wang Liping and Liping reportedly said ''He's not that enlightened'' Then Sean goes on to say Liping is not talking about his level of energy cultivation,''Which is high'' according to Liping but some mental level of enlightenment.If he is not familiar show him the video-Chunny Lyn.

I have had a bad experience in Falun Gong, it was as follows.

I started reading the book Zhuan Falun and got interested in the Buddhist, Taoist and qigong side of it. It seemed a bit weird but the style got me hooked.

However, I started doubting the story of Li Hongzhi. There is a lot of misinformation on him, like first it said he was trained by Buddhists, Taoist and Qigong masters but later he was made into a "divine" being, higher than Jesus or Buddha!

This is of course absurd.

Anyway, I did the exercises, however no meditation and read the book. The book says: "don't do other cultivation practices, it could be harmful" because the Falun wheel will be damaged. This is a trick in mind control and will force you to adobt his way and no other. I found this disturbing because I am interested in many things, not only one theory.

Also, "the Falun Dafa requires a new way of thinking" is also a trick in getting you to give up critical thinking.

Anyway, I searched for normal qigong books, ignoring the words from Li Hongzhi, found one on Amazon. On the wall beside the computer I noticed a spider crawling and I got scared! My thoughts were like "is the Master watching me?". I was scared that I started having these stupid thoughts; I think it was caused by the brainwashing by Li's words.

Falun Gong is now not a qigong way, it is about salvation, harming the communist party and spreading the "Fa".

If you want a unbiased report on Falun Gong / Dafa I suggest reading this:

Two Tales of Falun Gong

I would advice anyone to stay as far away from Falun Gong as possible, since it is a lot of bogus. It is not about truth since Li Hongzhi lies a lot and twists his own words. Not about compassion since he says Earth is the lowest level, a trashcan of the universe. Not about tolerance since he hates gay people and promotes non-mixing of races.

It is true that there are no money involved from practioners, but there is an emotional attachment that is possibly dangerous. It is primarily a mind control cult where Li sits on the top and nobody can replace him.

However, I started doubting the story of Li Hongzhi. There is a lot of misinformation on him, like first it said he was trained by Buddhists, Taoist and Qigong masters but later he was made into a "divine" being, higher than Jesus or Buddha!

Thing is Jesus and Buddha are just a concept to you an me. Really it means nothing.

The book says: "don't do other cultivation practices, it could be harmful" because the Falun wheel will be damaged. This is a trick in mind control and will force you to adobt his way and no other. I found this disturbing because I am interested in many things, not only one theory.

The Kunlun group are very similar to this. This is why I was pointing out the parallels.

I don't think you'll ever find the true science behind all this shit. LOL I saw a guy on TB called esoteric scientist, I saw good luck to him/her!

Also, "the Falun Dafa requires a new way of thinking" is also a trick in getting you to give up critical thinking.

All esoteric stuff is like that. At the end of the day thought can only take you so far. If you think critical thinking is God then just become a scientist and insulate yourself from reality.

On the wall beside the computer I noticed a spider crawling and I got scared! My thoughts were like "is the Master watching me?". I was scared that I started having these stupid thoughts; I think it was caused by the brainwashing by Li's words.

According to Li he has unlimited "law bodies" that can see everything, and can change from the size of a pin point to the size of a building. They reside in some dimension we cannot see because our third eyes aren't open. Has anyone here got their third eye open? Have you seen one of Li's law bodies ;)

All esoteric stuff seems to promote that paranoid mindset. Thinking someone has something we don't (special energy, opened third eye). Like that guy in that other thread talking about that homeless guy he thinks is enlightened. Classic paranoia. Believing all that theosophical style shit = paranoid man.

Falun Gong is now not a qigong way, it is about salvation, harming the communist party and spreading the "Fa".

Why the hell would you stick up for the communist party? I don't do it, but seriously I don't see how a group of qigong practitioners deserve the treatment they are being given.

You asked for it. Li does say its not about healing or health and fitness but about higher cultivation AKA salvation. Personally I thought that was the true purpose of qigong so to create an immortal light body in the physical alchemical laboratory, not some cheesy health and fitness stuff.

But maybe salvation does not exist? Then we can brush aside all this stuff.

I would advice anyone to stay as far away from Falun Gong as possible, since it is a lot of bogus. It is not about truth since Li Hongzhi lies a lot and twists his own words. Not about compassion since he says Earth is the lowest level, a trashcan of the universe. Not about tolerance since he hates gay people and promotes non-mixing of races.

Ha reminds me of the Samael Aun Weor and the modern Gnostic movement.

It is true that there are no money involved from practioners, but there is an emotional attachment that is possibly dangerous. It is primarily a mind control cult where Li sits on the top and nobody can replace him.

Li Hongzhi was given a free house in the USA. Also I heard he made A LOT of money on the book sales (he got % of it). I mean think how many book they sold!

Same happened with the modern Gnostic movement. Somehow these guys get there expenses paid. Non-profit is often BS.

Thing is Jesus and Buddha are just a concept to you an me. Really it means nothing.

Sure it is just a concept but I would prefer a theory where the founder does not put himself on a level that is supernormally high.

All esoteric stuff is like that. At the end of the day thought can only take you so far. If you think critical thinking is God then just become a scientist and insulate yourself from reality.

Critical thinking can insulate you from non-scientific thoughts and realities but it also protects your mind from false prophets and "crazy thoughts".

Why the hell would you stick up for the communist party? I don't do it, but seriously I don't see how a group of qigong practitioners deserve the treatment they are being given.

Of course the practioners don't deserve it. However, this is a general human rights issue for all persecuted not only Falun Gong. Did you know that Li says that the communist party will disintegrate because they are persecuting Falun Dafa practioners? The gods will punish the party.

You asked for it. Li does say its not about healing or health and fitness but about higher cultivation AKA salvation. Personally I thought that was the true purpose of qigong so to create an immortal light body in the physical alchemical laboratory, not some cheesy health and fitness stuff.

sure, but the salvation is up to Li, not yourself. I think also in contemporary religion this is bogus.

I'm also doing the exercises for about a month and so far with good experiences also.

There seems to be a lot of negativity regarding Falun Dafa. People can come up with arguments, counter-arguments from both sides as they do in this forum and in other ones (e.g. here). Also there are con and pro Falun Dafa arcticles here and here.

My viewpoint is that till I realize and experience through my own cultivation, I chose to neither believe nor disbelieve, but stay in neutral state and keep the door open.

Because if you believe blindly, you could be believing in something that is not true.

and if you do not believe, then you may end up putting mental blocks that may inhibit cultivation process.

Regarding Falun Dafa as being a cult, from the my experience I did not feel it that way and I do not worship the founder. So far, I was not forced to sign up for anything, there are no memberships that I know of, and people come and go as they wish. I'm trying to read Zhuan Falun with an open mind and there are areas that I do not understand currently. Nevertheless, importance given towards Zhen-Shan-Ren, and how it plays out in the cultivation process resonated with me the most.

Peace

L.

Practicing Qigong doesn't make one benevolent. The education for the Qigong practice is the foundation which

leads the cultivator towards their attainment...it can be good or bad, and once enlightened, cultivation continues until it is complete enlightenment.

The Buddha spoke thoroughly about stages of enlightenment. I suggest those who wish to speak on enlightenment go to one who was proficient in teaching about attaining it.

People are subject to relativity. If they tease a sleeping lion, the lion will wake up and put an end to the teasing.

There is too much belief that any one practicing Qigong doesn't deserve whatever bad they receive in this life. This shows that there are many who have yet to understand causes and conditions.

Stick to reality. Stick with one teaching, and awaken wisdom. All this power, and states, and abilities do nothing for you or any one else. Without knowing who is preaching the genuine path, one will just be led by the blind and assume they are awakened.

Peace,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉
  • Like 1

i think they should unify with Scientology if thats true. they talk a lot about Aliens too

From Scientology's Core beliefs

Today on earth all the spirits of these aliens have attached themselves to our bodies and are the root cause of the false reality that all but Scientology's OT 8's on earth experience

From Teaching the Fa at the 2003 Atlanta Fa Conference

I've told you before that because of alien science and technology, one layer of the human body, one of the human body's layers of particles, has been placed fully under the control of aliens

So this is where Li Hongzhi got this alien story from.

Falun Gong is a mix of pseudo-Taoism, pseudo-Buddhism, Qigong and Scientology-alien stuff. In a way it is sad because there are some good aspects in Falun Gong in the improvement of character - however this does not lead anywhere IMHO.

Guest sykkelpump

From Scientology's Core beliefs

From Teaching the Fa at the 2003 Atlanta Fa Conference

So this is where Li Hongzhi got this alien story from.

Falun Gong is a mix of pseudo-Taoism, pseudo-Buddhism, Qigong and Scientology-alien stuff. In a way it is sad because there are some good aspects in Falun Gong in the improvement of character - however this does not lead anywhere IMHO.

why care so much about the alien thing.just focus on the exercises.forget the rest.they are very good.I acually think it is better than spring forest qi gong

Yeah, its free, and also its intention-less, no concentrating or bulding chi or anything, you just do the movements... I've always had more effect from the intention-less, non-concentrating stuff. But then again, maybe it was just because I was so impressed by Li's writing style and his talks that I opened up to it.

I read in the interview he said that aliens wanted our bodies as they are the most perfect in the universe. I agree that technology does humans no good, and sometimes it can end up using us, and in this respect a kind of "alien intelligence" is controlling humans. Perhaps not literal aliens but "artificial intelligence" that just slaughters everything living through its "healthcare" .etc. Li said, once they clone a human, the human will not be given a soul and so an alien will take the human body.... Well I don't know about that but I dread to see what a clone will be like, how pointless, I mean that sheep dolly died, and they failed to see the signs..... Well hopefully people wake up and see what they are doing before it comes to do that. But seriously, the fact that people can torture animals in a lab with a straight face shows we have lost touch, the scientific establishments were never necessary and never will be. Do you ever catch yourself doing something and then think "what the hell am I doing?", well apparently some people are VERY bad at this, lol what an understatement.

Edited by Magitek

According to this site:

Link

the Falun Gong exercises are based on Chan Mi Gong and Jiugong Bagua Gong.

Note the above link is probably from a Chinese government controlled site but it is the only one with information on the background.

Chan Mi Gong:

Chan Mi Gong

Whether those Qigong practises are any good, I cannot judge.

Edited by wtm

Anyone who practiced falun gong also continue their other practices (not drop them?) I am interested in trying out falun gong but don't want to drop my other practices, martial and spiritual.

The "Falun" is an entity: Malevolent. In the long term will cause problems. Practicing can be ok, but inviting this entity to dwell within you is posession. I am not saying that all practitioners are bad people. There are many Falun nut-jobs, and many good people seeking truth. The Falun is a collective thought cluster that has become a spiritual entity. I have heard of people doing the "exercises" and benefiting. I have had to help some that invited this Entity to transmute it. Do what you will, but beware.

• Like 1

The persecution of falungong in China is not completely ill founded. There is a distorted picture in the west. We see disrupted peaceful demonstrations. We don't see the orphaned children when the parents refuse medical attention. We don't see the violent acts and psychic attacks that have occured. Real practitioners and Medical Qigong doctors have been beaten and slandered. The cult has caused so many problems that the government closed down most legitimate qigong clinics a few years ago. Many cultists have become insane, or suffering from extreme paranoia. Do some research, or better yet, go to China and see for yourself. I went to a Falun Gong demonstration in Canada after exercising the Falun from some people. They all looked at me with fear in their eyes and minds, a couple even ran away. Finally someone asked me to leave.

Real Taoist cultivators(masters) believe that spiritual entities can posess people. There is an entire science behind it... most of which is kept "secret", and you usually must be a monastic or adept in order to receive the transmissions of knowledge.

• Like 1

The persecution of falungong in China is not completely ill founded. There is a distorted picture in the west. We see disrupted peaceful demonstrations. We don't see the orphaned children when the parents refuse medical attention. We don't see the violent acts and psychic attacks that have occured. Real practitioners and Medical Qigong doctors have been beaten and slandered. The cult has caused so many problems that the government closed down most legitimate qigong clinics a few years ago. Many cultists have become insane, or suffering from extreme paranoia. Do some research, or better yet, go to China and see for yourself. I went to a Falun Gong demonstration in Canada after exercising the Falun from some people. They all looked at me with fear in their eyes and minds, a couple even ran away. Finally someone asked me to leave.

Real Taoist cultivators(masters) believe that spiritual entities can posess people. There is an entire science behind it... most of which is kept "secret", and you usually must be a monastic or adept in order to receive the transmissions of knowledge.

Very much agree with you!

• Like 1