Sign in to follow this  
Lozen

women's intuition

Lol, I read an article once about a boy who was given a Barbie doll once, and he turned it into a toy gun.

Speaking from my own experience, my "perceptual limitation" of what it means to be a woman has pretty much changed my life in a very positive way, which is what really matters to me. So I suppose we will just have to agree to disagree.

Your post got my synapsis working overtime freeform - thanks!

The second problem is to do with words as labels ... because there is no objective reality, a word cannot have an objective meaning.
This is especially so with ineffable states beyond language. Charles Tart argues that even though spiritual states are incommunicable to those who haven't experienced them they are objective and readily communicable to others who have experienced them. He calls this state dependent communication where in a sense spiritual traditions become state dependent sciences just as objective and communicable as conventionally recognised sciences.
I wrote my whole dissertation about this kind of thing... and also without using a single version of the verb "to be"... it was hard to say the least - but it made me evaluate my preconseptions in a different light

How's this for "Life's a bitch and then you marry one" in E-Prime?

'Life appears to me to exhibit qualities that I experience in females who on many occasions seem to treat others with contempt. I am also married to a female who on many occasions seems to treats me with contempt'. Right according to the Tibetan calender today is the 25th day of the lunar month, the day when the divine feminine energies are honoured and celebrated so I'm off to do just that (thought I'd better throw that one in in case I'm mistaken for a misogynist!).

Speaking from my own experience, my "perceptual limitation" of what it means to be a woman has pretty much changed my life in a very positive way, which is what really matters to me. So I suppose we will just have to agree to disagree.

8536[/snapback]

I'm saying be a woman. Be a woman to the fullest. But be more also. Because You .... YOU are not just a human in female form crawling around on the land mass of a planet.

Sean

Yes I am familiar with them and therefore know they have nothing to do with women or this topic or your original assertion that "men cannot match women" which I'm still very curious for you to clarify. :D

Sean.

Through this process, the distorted generalizations of your surface structure connect with the actual visceral experience ... Generalizations are just confessions of your personal experiences and the way you've organized them into filters. They are not an actual insight into the inherent properties of reality IMO.

"Men are analytical." :D:lol:

(I just had to say that.)

The idea is not to try to match the woman. No man can ever 'match' the woman. ...  If you can "meet"  a woman on this level with respect and love, and be in your maleness with all that has to offer, you will be doing what is needed for the feminine to flourish, and for the masculine to feel rooted and deeply in honour of itself.

8488[/snapback]

Quite obviously, it seems to me, could be talking about the bedroom arts.

The attitude that's coming forth is really (can't find the right adjective),.. well, I appreciate it. There has to be some basic, deep, acknowledgement respect honor basic to healthy gender relations that the above quote surely is expressing.

be in your maleness with all that has to offer, you will be doing what is needed for the feminine to flourish, and for the masculine to feel rooted and deeply in honour of itself.
(I hesitate to bring this back to a martial metaphor, because the statement diffuses the "battle of the sexes" so well, but..)

This seems very much like internal martial arts' push-hands. There's always a deep consciousness of one's own center and root, and an unwillingness to stray from that, that allows you to give what you can (actually more effectively than if you try to over-extend) and yet be respectful and aware of your own limits. And, actually, push-hands works most effectively if there is no 'battle', only attention to such conscious integration. That is, if you abandon your own root, there is more effort and you have less to give to your partner. But, if you are unshakably centered in your own root and at the same time are sensitive to your partner, then there is really very little effort and, ironically, you give a lot more.

btw, welcome to the board.

Trunk

Cat,

In lieu of starting the Cat appreciation thread, I just want to say I love your posts and your writing is a breathe of fresh air. Thanks!!

Lozen

:wub:

Sean, I think we are simply on different pages re what things mean, and  if those quotes seem to you to have nothing to do with the nature of woman, then we can agree to differ.

8568[/snapback]

Ok. Briefly though, I think it's very common for writers to anthropomorphize abstract principles into human and animal forms. It doesn't mean you are going to try to penetrate the mysteries of a lamb's nature by reading Christian poetry with a literal mindset.

Even in respect to sex, it's all about perspective. Here are two quotes taken from different Yogani lectures (my latest teacher) and I agree with both of them:

"It is the man who holds the keys to tantric sex, for it is he who experiences the greatest loss of prana during orgasm. Because of this, it is also he who determines the duration of the sexual joining, and, therefore, the extent of cultivation of sexual energy that can occur during lovemaking. While a woman may be filled with bhakti to bring sexual energy higher and higher in herself and her partner, it is the man's bhakti that will determine to what extent this can be accomplished in sexual union."

"Everyone knows that the woman is superior to the man in the sex act, and in other things as well. Nature has built her to be biologically superior in sexual relations. The survival of the human race depends on it. She will have the semen no matter what. She does not even have to try. Her beauty calls the semen from the man on sight. Her curves, her lips, her eyes, all call the semen out."

So who's on top? :lol:

Sean.

In lieu of starting the Cat appreciation thread, I just want to say I love your posts and your writing is a breathe of fresh air. Thanks!!

I feel the same way. The community has needed more women, really glad to have you here. Your timing is good. More toward healthy balance.

I feel the same way.  The community has needed more women, really glad to have you here.  Your timing is good.  More toward healthy balance.

8576[/snapback]

Yes, I am being a terrible host. Arguing with people before I even say hello. Please accept a warm welcome from me, cat! I apologize if I am coming off rudely. It's this aggressive man suit I have to wear this whole lifetime ... it makes me act out. :lol:

Cheers,

Sean.

If we are talking about Taoism I don't agree that the mysterious female means simple Yin or just a physical female. From my understanding(which could be incorrect) the mysterious female is referring to the primordial or Early heaven realm which gives birth(Like a Mother) to the ten thousand things.

From the Taoist Alchemy teachings(As taught in HT) you need both the yin and yang to open up Yuan Qi that is supposedly what produces the Immortal Pill in the Kan and Li practices.

from the Buddhist or Zen perspective the dualities of gender, color, race are mostly arbitrary to the realization of Buddha Nature which is not confined to those diferences.

at the same time, as Lozen said, you appreciate the relative point of view that your a female(or whatever) just realize there is more to yourself than that(or don't).

This is very offensive image. Unfortunately it also seems to be a very common belief amongst both men and women, and it's pumped through the mass media every single day. Men are stupid and simple and obvious. Women are complex and subtle mysterious. Lozen, it's called sexism. Plain and simple. And then you wonder why smart, sensitive, and in very in touch with the femine Taoist boys get pissed off at you. And then you have the audacity to say I'm acting like a "bully". You post a quote that says one and a million men are as intelligent as every single women is innately. Then you post a follow up image making the same point in an even cruder way. Lozen, again, as I've brought up in another thread, I wonder where you are coming from.

Whatever. Lozen, cat, anyone. I hope prejudices like these work out for you. And I hope whenever your prejudices are sincerely and honestly questioned, you are comfortable pulling out the "I'm a mysterious female and so therefore can dodge questions because that is just Yang intellectualism and I can also post insulting follow up imagery and smile and talk about how fun the dance is because stupid man's sincere attempts to have an intelligent discussion are misguided and he can never understand how deep and in touch I am." Pffft... Because no matter how you try to whitewash it, and how many times you say that you "love men" that is what you are professing to believe when you post quotes like that, and post images like that.

But hey, I will try my best to remember this image you posted next time I see a commercial for the latest Girl's Gone Wild video. I'm sure I am missing something there too. Or maybe I am just not blinded by sentimental gender prejudice and so can more accurately call bullshit on disturbing male and female social trends.

Sean.

I took the image (designed by a man, btw) as being about sex. Speaking as someone who's slept with both men and women, I thought it was pretty accurate. Is it inherently sexist to think that men and women are different? I know there is even science behind it (and not just statistics) the way that men and women's minds work. I didn't say either was BAD, in fact I think they work really well together...

I took the image (designed by a man, btw) as being about sex. Speaking as someone who's slept with both men and women, I thought it was pretty accurate. Is it inherently sexist to think that men and women are different? I know there is even science behind it (and not just statistics) the way that men and women's minds work. I didn't say either was BAD, in fact I think they work really well together...

8617[/snapback]

What's sexist is to extrapolate complex, subjective qualities such as levels of intelligence, intuition, sexual arousal patterns, creativity, etc. as being the incontrovertible result of the physical differences in men and women. Same with skin tone. Same with religion. It does take awhile for somewhat complex ideas like these to trickle into "folk wisdom" though. Which is actually the exact reason we have laws governing discriminatory hiring practices based on prejudices like yours.

"Men, too, sometimes have brains."

Sean.

8617[/snapback]

i recognized that image you posted, because i saw it online a few years ago posted online stating something along the lines of "how to turn-on a man, how to turn-on a woman" - that tagline puts you in a different frame of mind while viewing it rather than "Scientific Diagram of Male and Female" which is what is stated at the link you provided.

viewing it stated as that, in my opinion, is almost as offensive as this:

http://www.thetaobums.com/forum/index.php?...p=197entry197

point being, both images were created to hurt feelings and to further separate the sexes. pretty lame.

and also being someone who has had long term sexual relationships with both male, female, and etc... i don't agree that any aspect of a male (sexuality, emotional complexity, spiritual drive) is any simpler than that of a female.

Where's the love, people? :rolleyes:

what do you think?

If everyone could cut eachother a bit more slack, it'd go a lot better. :)

You're all intelligent and making good points, and a variety of pts of view makes a better discussion,.. some interpersonal friction seems to be complicating and tangling things. Maybe I'm stating the obvious.

If all of you could just take a deep breath, go "ommmmmm", and chill in a little bit of universal :wub: , and let conversation play out in a more spacious way - that might help a lot.

My 2 cents.

Sign in to follow this