findley

Gauging a local 'master' ?

AS everyone knows I am big on story examples so here is one for you, may have already posted before don't remember.

In my past I also thought that the seeing is believing and would help a potential student see that "this is real". One day I was in a store where one of my flyers for a workshop was posted. A girl was looking at it and then looked at me, walked up and said she was thinking of attending but wanted to first "feel the qi". So I said sure and threw qi at her. It knocked her several feet across the room in an unconscious heap. Momentarily I was stunned, then went into healer mode and projected to a "revival" point. She came out of it and was OK. But the thing was she may not have been OK and it was oh so irresponsible of me to do what I did.

So did she come to your seminar?

So did she come to your seminar?

I can laugh about this now. She did come to many classes and turned out to be one of my more powerful students. But the thing still is that I did not act responsibly. My lesson? Took me a little while to learn but I no longer throw qi (there is a difference in Qi manipulation/projection and throwing qi). Some things, like the commercial, you learn to just say no.

Back in those days I did this another time in class. A rather large guy who was a martial artist was in the class and was having trouble with feeling qi from his practice so I threw qi at him. It knocked him out of the chair on the floor, his head hit on something and blood was rushing out of his head. My heart stopped for a few seconds and I was thinking OMG. Turned out he had a simple cut on his ear from hitting the chair, which was one of those "knee chairs". So, in addition to no longer throwing qi, I no longer let people sit in those chairs during my workshops :) Oh, and he did come back for further training instead of wanting to kick my tail. I was glad. :lol:

Ya Mu,

I don't see the difference between saying you are able to do these things and doing them, when it comes to attracting power hungry students.

A couple so-called Tantric masters ..., how else might I be able to determine the mastery of these practitioners?

If they're billing themselves as teaching tantra, then almost certainly it'll be bunk... unless they are Tibetan, and then it won't be at all what you are expecting.

:)

Energy practices-done correctly-can develop interesting abilities. The so called 'sixth sense', seeing into the past and/or the future. Remote viewing. So called 'extra sensory perception'. An awareness of karma and of fate/heavens will.

I have a strong sixth sense. I can get very strong impressions where I know things, without any actual data, facts or figures. I've also telepathically communicated with a bird one time who was trapped in an awkward part of my house, to help it find its way out. Sounds kinda crazy, but I just saw an image of how it could escape and just sort of mentally offered the suggestion psychicly. And the bird who had been stuck for 5 minutes flew right out instantly upon me "sending" the message.

Another time I had a vivid vision flash into my mind of exactly what was wrong with my father who was in the hospital, and also a flash of "knowing" that he'd be fine even though it seemed serious on the surface.

But I don't see that as enlightenment, hehe.

I don't share this stuff because I think I'm all that an a bag of chips. Actually more than likely most people will think I'm a deluded hippie, hehe. I share to show that these things aren't faerie tales. I am sure with further practice, and me not really caring one way or the other, the 6th sense will grow and I'll just "know" more things.

Maybe one day I'll "just know" whatever enlightened people just know :)

Peace.

EDIT: I didn't used to be this way, so the energy practices must be at least partially why my intuition has become so strong. Actually these kinds of things happened much more after I had the energy gates of my spine / du meridian opened. Perhaps somehow that opens energy flows that enhance intuition...?

EDIT2: Is it normal to feel sorta like your third eye area is like quicksand? That might be related to this whole enhanced intuition thing???????

Edited by 11:33

Mike,

I won't discuss your questions about who I am/how I've reached my conclusions, because I don't see the point.

What branch of Buddhism are you connected with?

I like your ideas and the definition about practical wisdom...agree 100% on that.

A couple so-called Tantric masters are coming into Memphis for a workshop.

I think I am going to meet them, and invite them to smoke a bowl with me. How can I gauge the legitimacy of their claims?

In tantra, (per Georg Feuerstein [sp?]) a master is gauged by his capacity to perform the supernatural... (siddhi's, I think they are called?)

but, I am sure these two failing the religious requisite to title of master, how else might I be able to determine the mastery of these practitioners?

Which Tantric masters are those?

For me, I believe Garchen Rinpoche to be Enlightened.

Ya Mu,

I don't see the difference between saying you are able to do these things and doing them, when it comes to attracting power hungry students.

Scott, I am giving examples of WHAT NOT to do, not what to do. And I can definitely tell when "power hungry" or phenomena seekers attend my workshops. They, too need to learn and will get out of the workshop what they put in. What I teach is based on compassion; the energies projected to anyone attending will reflect that. Yeah, it is powerful. But without the compassion the power is meaningless. So no one attending seeking power for itself will get much out of it, unless they are willing to listen to their own higher level self. If they do then they will give up the "power for power's sake", and become in harmony with Tao through the wu wei process. Through this process and growth comes compassion with power to help others.

Energy practices-done correctly-can develop interesting abilities. The so called 'sixth sense', seeing into the past and/or the future. Remote viewing. So called 'extra sensory perception'. An awareness of karma and of fate/heavens will.

Mike

Absolutely. Yes, energy practices done correctly will awaken the sacred gifts.

....But I don't see that as enlightenment, hehe.

... the 6th sense will grow and I'll just "know" more things.

Maybe one day I'll "just know" whatever enlightened people just know :)

Peace.

EDIT: I didn't used to be this way, so the energy practices must be at least partially why my intuition has become so strong. Actually these kinds of things happened much more after I had the energy gates of my spine / du meridian opened. Perhaps somehow that opens energy flows that enhance intuition...?

Perhaps you didn't see it as enlightenment but I bet the bird did!

Yes, energy practices done correctly will awaken the sacred gifts, intuition is a big part of that.

Scotty,

I see what where you are going. On a certain level, I agree. Your definition of enlightenment tends to go to the core, whereas all this energy/kundalini/siddhi stuff has to do with the content. In a way, it is not that much different from developing muscles or the ability to calculate complex math in your head or generate bliss states in meditation: a neat trick, but off course.

Some teachers advise seeing to the core before getting involved in this stuff. After that point, there are two good reasons for developing these things:

1) to help other people

2) to overcome certain habitual attachments/obstacles

On the flip side, who is to say that these side paths don't serve the Great Way?

I know this seems like an argument that goes against the grain. It takes too much energy to keep it up, so I guess that's enough to say. If others disagree and think siddhis should be kept secret, that's fine. Maybe they are right and wise to believe so. Not like my opinion matters...it just differs.

Peace.

whoooooaaaaa I totally blew these guys off ! I had a gig I had to work friday, when I was supposed to meet them, (and I have to feed myself. . .) and then I just didn't call them back when I could have :mellow:

I think it is a Karma thing. . . Or obviously some kind of deterrant. (I think I have a few 'deterrants' 'walling' my 'path' in. . . leading me to a greater destiny, I believe, [or so hope. . .]) -Because I usually would not pass up an invitation to meet these guys.

The day after I called, I was sitting in a coffee-shop reading through the TTC and practicing, when I noticed a sensation in my 3rd eye and I felt, "This is the master you were asking about". -The next morning, I got the call from the local guy organzing the workshop, and told me that the masters wanted to meet me, and we scheduled the meeting.

I had to work through that meeting; and when I got off of work, (as between shifts,) I was tired and wanted to rest, so I went to the 2.50$ theater to relax-- blowing off the masters. In the middle of my movie, a tornado landed a few miles from my theater and cut power for several square blocks. The storm was power; a result from a cold-front hitting a large area of warm air.

That kind of weather was so acute, extreme, and extra-ordinary that I wonder if it was the will of the masters. The circumstance of coincidence is certainly there, if I will allow that to serve as any sort of evidence.

I do also feel guilty, and that I have passed up a great opportunity. My only consolation is, "well, ah, I'll be in China in a few months and will work with a master in Beijing." . . . and, as I said before, I feel like Karma, perhaps, made the encounter impossible.

Anybody else have cool stories like this? -the feeling of being blocked by one's "wall's", or 'karma'? -especially when it comes to meeting (or not meeting,) a teacher? (I have had cool encounters that I believe were induced by karmic intervention, for example...)