Aletheia

Looking for Advise on a Daily Practise

I would say that you could probably do a bit better than drew. Unless things have changed, he has yet to recognize the "baking the bricks" stage of energy which keeps it from changing form after it is refined and consolidated.

(just a thought...)

I don't know about that. But, Drew understands there are more than just the frequencies of Jing>Qi>Shen>Dao from a personal perspective.

Those structures exist as actual realities through historical time too. So if you go back far enough in historically recorded time to a pre-civilisation form of awareness and go far enough into yourself with the alchemical process you actually come to the same eternal place where time loops back in on itself negentropically! That's why he's always talking about the San people, I think.

Edited by Aletheia

I can't comment on higher levels of qigong. I can just say Drew has been a help to me so I'm grateful for that. I do think it's funny he was going around calling everyone a pervert while he was doing his O from a D though. Not that I know all the details tbh.

I watched the Andrew Zimmern video and it's obvious the Shaman accessed his memories by the way he's talking about images. The soul thinks in images whose hermeneutics can only be understood on their own terms. Like the images embedded behind the texts of religions. You can't understand what it means from the perspective of the book. Which is the way he's trying to describe things. So that's why he's so confused and upset by the depth of the experience.

Plus the women are the personifications of the negative force -- they control everything and are closer to the earth and Mother nature. The men personify the positive force and perhaps are closer to the spirit. But, the forces then merge together on a transpersonal level within the tribal body and dance in the sound of eternal harmony, like the first dance at a wedding when man and woman unite in spirit!

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 2

Ah...I see.

Well, if you understand what the San bushmen do and what the "baking of the bricks" does, it kind of puts a damper on some of his ideas.

I skimmed your post and it sounds like it's talking about concentrating on the LDT without sexual desires, perhaps. Anyway, I'm not here to speak on Drew's behalf he can look after himself, nor am I some kind of qigong sage. I'm just saying he's a good guy and he knows his stuff and it's been helpful for me

I would venture that either you have an overactive imagination...or have received your "call to adventure" with a spiritual initiation (transitory peak experience).

- If the former is the case, then you wouldn't be able to actually perform any objective "siddhis" (verifiable healings, ability to root and withstand pushes, etc) at all.  Most of your self-appraisal is based merely upon internal subjective sensations - but little else...  There are no "objective" measures.

- Now, if the latter is the case, then the key word is transitory...  You may have experienced some genuinely undeniable, extraordinary phenomena.  But, you won't be able to replicate any such "beginner's luck," especially at will.  Furthermore, the road actually goes uphill (or should I say, delves down into the subconscious) from there as initiation is always followed by hazing, lol...

In either case, I would recommend building a solid foundation as your next step.

The only outside exception would be if you are somehow able to continually experience and perform subjective and objective feats of advanced skill at will.  Then, you probably wouldn't have to do any remedial work because you have somehow already gained a massive head start in life.  But, I seriously doubt this scenario for most anyone...and time will likely quickly tell. :D

I'm replying to your highlighting this "Then for 6 hours my consciousness got caught up in the LDT so it was just getting hotter and hotter!"

http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/43372-brand-new-and-need-some-advice/

You can read about it there. I forgot I actually knocked out my internet connection too! Not only was the LDT on fire but I'd put some qi in my head too so I was totally out of it. Normally I would not be signing up for a forum in that kind of state.

Hi Aletheia,

Training the "mind" is the most important aspect of the path or you'll get caught up in what is called "the siren call."

You also need a genuine teacher to assist you. Starting this path alone is very difficult and the chances of success are nil.

Good luck :)

• Like 1

I got a reply from Drew. I'll have to read it tomorrow now.

https://voidisyinyang.blogspot.com/2017/03/how-to-respond-to-thetaobums-daily.html

But the problem I seem to be having is my practise is constantly way ahead of what I know, if you read that introduction post of mine I just posted you see I'm trying to get some information and ultimately some help. Not that I'm in a panicked state of mind or anything like that. I just need to get things together with a daily routine and to read the right books, I think.

I mean I haven't even got started yet as far as I'm concerned. I was reading some stuff to catch up with what happened just from activating the LDT. I read the articles book by Damo and watched some videos by Yang someone or other. But still hadn't managed to get started with a daily routine. And now I seem to be projecting qi...

Edited by Aletheia

I'm replying to your highlighting this "Then for 6 hours my consciousness got caught up in the LDT so it was just getting hotter and hotter!"

http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/43372-brand-new-and-need-some-advice/

You can read about it there. I forgot I actually knocked out my internet connection too! Not only was the LDT on fire but I'd put some qi in my head too so I was totally out of it. Normally I would not be signing up for a forum in that kind of state.

Ok then, well according to your own mentor, Drew:

when the lower tan tien heat is very strong this means you should be able to sit in full lotus for 2 hours nonstop in ease - with the left leg on top - "yang embracing the yin." Again I go into the details in my "idiot's article" of what that means - biologically. As the original qigong master states - if you do full lotus meditation with your fire alchemically below the water - the heart spirit light below the life force energy - then the small universe meditation will happen on its own.

So, you should be able to easily sit in full lotus for 2 hours straight now...

Or, at least pass the "hands free" full lotus litmus test, as I call it.  Short of sitting for 2 hrs - can you simply get into (and out of) full lotus without using your hands?

As Drew has frequently said:

Is your mind confused...or is your progress for real?

And now I seem to be projecting qi...

dude, if you cook yourself by the end of the week, go find someone asap so at least they know what are you doing...

p.s. how if meditation going?

• Like 1

dude, if you cook yourself by the end of the week, go find someone asap so at least they know what are you doing...

p.s. how if meditation going?

Drew wrote out a programme on his site. So I'm going to read it properly in the morning and start my routine then. Anyway, I'm planning on building a strong base before I do anything like healing so I don't think I'm going to cook myself if that's what you mean by that.

Actually the palms of my hands fizz and I just put them near my cheeks (face lol) and I can feel heat and my LDT is hot right now. Is that a problem do you know, or what?

Ok then, well according to your own mentor, Drew:

So, you should be able to easily sit in full lotus for 2 hours straight now...

Or, at least pass the "hands free" full lotus litmus test, as I call it.  Short of sitting for 2 hrs - can you simply get into (and out of) full lotus without using your hands?

As Drew has frequently said:

Is your mind confused...or is your progress for real?

Flexibility is something I would say is my main physical problem. About 2 weeks ago I could only touch my knees. So I spent 5 minutes sending qi into my legs and could get the whole of my hands past my knees and I just tried it again now and it's the same place still. I can sit in half lotus right now so probably I'll be able to get into full lotus sometime soon. I haven't tried it though so I can't say.

Did you see Drew's post on his blog? I think he mentions you and no doubt rightfully says you're a pervert lol.

• Like 1

Drew wrote out a programme on his site. So I'm going to read it properly in the morning and start my routine then. 

so, did you do it? how did it go?

so, did you do it? how did it go?

I was just thinking about it and I think I have to do some standing exercises because I don't really feel anything in the soles of my feet the way I do the palms of my hands. Chunyi Lin says to stand up and down on your toes before you start the practise to open the channels I think and Drew mentions the kidney channels in relation to that. My kidneys were hot about the time I signed up for the forum, but not so much now.

So I'm going to read Drew's stuff and have some tea and then do some meditation in about an hour or so. Once I get the routine going I'll know what I'm doing. I think it's really easy to make mistakes and I'm certain I've already made loads of mistakes!

I find it easier to draw in energy through the top of my head than from the ground too.

Edited by Aletheia

Good luck on your practice. Stillness Movement medical gi gung has a long pat down/rubbing at the end of its sitting practice.  At the end there is vigorous rubbing of the bottom of the feet with the hand.  Just like you can get heat from rubbing the hands together, you can do the same hand rubbing the soul of the feet. 

It's a good way to increase the feeling and sensitive of feet; there may be a reason why its called the soul.  Also its giving them a good rubbing is great way to waken the whole leg up after sitting.  Twenty or thirty seconds of vigorous rubbing can get some nice warmth going. 

• Like 2

I was just thinking about it 

So I'm going to read

I think it's really easy to make mistakes 

SO...MEOW... DID YOU DO IT???

( seriously dude, just SHUT UP and do it, STOP THINKING!)

• Like 1

Good luck on your practice. Stillness Movement medical gi gung has a long pat down/rubbing at the end of its sitting practice.  At the end there is vigorous rubbing of the bottom of the feet with the hand.  Just like you can get heat from rubbing the hands together, you can do the same hand rubbing the soul of the feet. 

It's a good way to increase the feeling and sensitive of feet; there may be a reason why its called the soul.  Also its giving them a good rubbing is great way to waken the whole leg up after sitting.  Twenty or thirty seconds of vigorous rubbing can get some nice warmth going. 

Great thanks!

Right so I have always been reluctant to do any standing practise because I know I'll not feel the energy much and that's because I don't have my leg channels open I guess. Everything I've ever done has been while I've been slouched at the computer. So I can feel the heat in my LDT now and think it will lessen when I stand but I'll force myself to start a standing practise every day for the time being. THANKS GUYS!

Edited by Aletheia

Flexibility is something I would say is my main physical problem. About 2 weeks ago I could only touch my knees. So I spent 5 minutes sending qi into my legs and could get the whole of my hands past my knees and I just tried it again now and it's the same place still. I can sit in half lotus right now so probably I'll be able to get into full lotus sometime soon. I haven't tried it though so I can't say.

Did you see Drew's post on his blog? I think he mentions you and no doubt rightfully says you're a pervert lol.

yao-ming-laugh.jpgoIZtz0n.gif

But srsly, don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to achieve "hands free" lotus "soon" in only about 20 years or so...

timeline.jpg

And no, I see no mention of me or "perverts" on Drew's post.  Again, a hair trigger ego, Freudian projection, self-delusion, and false accusations are all examples of...a confused mind.

That all said, you will be an interesting case study in supposed correlations between physical flexibility, emotional maturity, cleared meridians, experience, and neidan advancement.  Typically, these metrics are all at least fairly correlated and proportional.  Emotional traumas create Reich's armor and blocked meridians - which impede any type of qigong (healing, neidan, etc).

But there are some who claim that ordinary flexibility has little bearing on anything - but some mystical form does?  There are also those who can't do a "hands free" full lotus, yet still have demonstrably strong medical qigong abilities (like Michael Lomax, etc).

So, would it be possible to be fairly advanced in qigong, while being an emotionally immature and extremely stiff n00b?  Well, I wouldn't rule anything out and time will tell?  I'm actually quite interested in your results because you allegedly sort of represent 2 ends of a spectrum - so could provide a pretty good test for these general axioms.

Are you really some exception to the "rules," or only think you are?

Inquiring minds want to know! :D

Edited by gendao
  • Like 1

yao-ming-laugh.jpgoIZtz0n.gif

But srsly, don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to achieve "hands free" lotus "soon" in only about 20 years or so...

timeline.jpg

And no, I see no mention of me or "perverts" on Drew's post.  Again, a hair trigger ego, Freudian projection, self-delusion, and false accusations are all examples of...a confused mind.

That all said, you will be an interesting case study in supposed correlations between physical flexibility, emotional maturity, cleared meridians, experience, and neidan advancement.  Typically, these metrics are all at least fairly correlated.  Emotional traumas create Reich's armor and blocked meridians - which impede any type of qigong (healing, neidan, etc).

But there are some who claim that ordinary flexibility has little bearing on anything - but some mystical form does?  There are also those who can't do a "hands free" full lotus, yet still have demonstrably strong medical qigong abilities (like Michael Lomax, etc).

So, would it be possible to be fairly advanced in qigong, while being an emotionally immature and extremely stiff n00b?  Well, I wouldn't rule anything out and time will tell?  I'm actually quite interested in your results because you allegedly sort of represent 2 ends of a spectrum - so could provide a pretty good test for these general axioms.

Are you really some exception to the "rules," or only think you are?

Inquiring minds want to know! :D

My friend I haven't even started mediating yet and I can already project qi externally and heal someone's leg in a couple of minutes. Everyone in the room saw what happened including a hyperration guy who was still making jokes about my philosophy while saying you should probably pursue this healing and see where it takes you.

So you can post all the memes and graphics you like but the only person you're fooling here is yourself!

And Freud didn't know shit. THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS AN UNCONSCIOUS IN THE FREUDIAN SENSE. FREUD BELIEVED IN THE WESTERN EGO THAT'S WHY HE THOUGHT HE COULD LABEL NEUROTIC PHENOMENA AND PLAY AT BEING "GOD". 

Edited by Aletheia

My friend I haven't even started mediating yet and I can already project qi externally and heal someone's leg in a couple of minutes. Everyone in the room saw what happened including a hyperration guy who was still making jokes about my philosophy while saying you should probably pursue this healing and see where it takes you.

So you can post all the memes and graphics you like but the only person you're fooling here is yourself!

Ok, and Drew did a crazy healing when he first started too.  I had some crazy experiences when I first started practicing too.

But, those initial power surges soon faded...and I haven't been able to replicate any of them since.  Which is quite common, and even the norm.  Like I said, after the initiation comes the hazing...

That's why I said time will tell with you.  If you can sustain your power over time, then you truly are an exception.  And I would then be interested to know why?  But if not..then join the club. :D

• Like 2

My friend I haven't even started mediating yet 

DO I need to send couple monsters to you so you actually START meditating? What are you afraid of?

/******************************/

What he posted is a chart which applies to MOST of people. However, it seems to be more and more nOObs like you and me are waking up for whatever reason. We are clueless in the systems, yet we have abilities which rank on that chart quite high. I know you are deaf right now to anything I say, but I was ( and still is) in the same shoes as you. Energy education clueless and energy powerful. However, since I don't come from Western society by breed, I don't have this SUPER EGO I observe my american born friends have. For me it's more like "who? me? What such a puny thing like me would have to do with all those super powers? " ( and bam, smash somebody with full blown qi ball). You got the point. ( I hope). 

Put all your MENTAL MASTURBATION ASIDE. MEDITATE FOR A WEEK. If you want to heal people, go for it. As in all fairytales there is a catch "with great powers come great responsibility". At this point you have 90% of probability of ending up in a psych ward within next 2 weeks. BECAUSE MONSTERS ARE REAL, lolz. So do yourself a favor, meditate and stabilize the mind. 

• Like 2

Drew warned me not to post on this forum and I can't for the life of me work out why :D

Anyway, I'm going to take his advice seeing as that's what I was looking for in the first place and not browse this place so much so I can concentrate on my philosophy. 

Too bad you haven't figured out that most of it can be eliminated with the right procedures and awareness...

Don't leave me hanging like that?

Side note: I started with drew's work 7 years ago and was literally where you are now

External qi projection and pulling out bad energy from people's bodies without even thinking about it? No heat when I did that. Just grabbed the energy from her leg and threw it away. Then I said to her I'll just bring up some heat and do it properly and that's when she said where I'd pulled out the "sick" energy her leg had turned white!

So really perhaps I can't be even in a bad mood around people now in case it effects them negatively. I have to be nice all the time! Maybe that's why Chunyi Lin starts all his videos with "My Friends" lol otherwise we might have WWIII on our hands!

Anyway, why don't you just say what you mean rather than talking all cryptically? I need all the help I can get!

Edited by Aletheia

I know what you're feeling dude, keep meditating. 

Drew's research is fantastic, but don't even let that limit you. 

I love reading his blog because he grounds you into being discerning of where your energy goes which is incredibly important. 

However I also feel, he's very narrowed into specific routes of internal alchemy but at the same time I know why because it's some of best available research and study material among the internal arts. So he's dedicated and that's his path. He's definitely not getting the recognition that he deserves. 

But at the same time, I've had incredible experiences not following traditional routes of Taoist alchemist training, experiences that are said only to be accomplished at "master levels". There are short cuts, but they come with sacrifices. 

People will say anything, anything to get you to release energy. So healing people is beautiful but make sure you're not draining you're own energy before it's highly refined. 

Best to you in your healing journey. 

Edited by Jaguar

I know what you're feeling dude, keep meditating. 

Drew's research is fantastic, but don't even let that limit you. 

I love reading his blog because he grounds you into being discerning of where your energy goes which is incredibly important. 

However I also feel, he's very narrowed into specific routes of internal alchemy but at the same time I know why because it's some of best available research and study material among the internal arts. So he's dedicated and that's his path. He's definitely not getting the recognition that he deserves. 

But at the same time, I've had incredible experiences not following traditional routes of Taoist alchemist training, experiences that are said only to be accomplished at "master levels". There are short cuts, but they come with sacrifices. 

People will say anything, anything to get you to release energy. So healing people is beautiful but make sure you're not draining you're own energy before it's highly refined. 

Best to you in your healing journey. 

Thanks.

Drew's great because he actively hunts people down and tells them off for being patently wrong and then helps put them on the right path even though he knows 99 times out of 100 he won't be thanked for it. I mean I know what it's like, I posted somewhere else on the internet today for about the 100th time and my post just got deleted, no questions asked. Okay I'm the moron probably in that case for being so persistent. But, Drew is heroic because he always has a good sense of humour about things and I know he must get at least a little frustrated about it sometimes. Plus I've benefited from his posts so I have no problems taking his side at all!

Don't leave me hanging like that?

External qi projection and pulling out bad energy from people's bodies without even thinking about it? No heat when I did that. Just grabbed the energy from her leg and threw it away. Then I said to her I'll just bring up some heat and do it properly and that's when she said where I'd pulled out the "sick" energy her leg had turned white!

So really perhaps I can't be even in a bad mood around people now in case it effects them negatively. I have to be nice all the time! Maybe that's why Chunyi Lin starts all his videos with "My Friends" lol otherwise we might have WWIII on our hands!

Anyway, why don't you just say what you mean rather than talking all cryptically? I need all the help I can get!

be aware more, it has wakefulness component, so the more aware you are the less dreamy you are. And perhaps you start critically think and doubt how big part you were in that healing. Maybe it would have happened anyway.

You have done only one healing. You can't be serious..how dumb you think people in forums are?