Sign in to follow this  
SmallFrameGrandUltimateFist

Intro

Hello Everyone,

It is a pleasure for me to join this disscusion board, the merging of technology and spirit is im many ways a very impressive thing, that we can help each other and learn from eachother, individuals from so far off. We all seek the truth, in this chaotic world. I am glad that there are so many as hungry for this deep knowledge as I. Humbly I hope you accept me as your fellow member that we may learn and guide eachother towards our ultimate goals.

Patrick

Hello Everyone,

It is a pleasure for me to join this disscusion board, the merging of technology and spirit is im many ways a very impressive thing, that we can help each other and learn from eachother, individuals from so far off. We all seek the truth, in this chaotic world. I am glad that there are so many as hungry for this deep knowledge as I. Humbly I hope you accept me as your fellow member that we may learn and guide eachother towards our ultimate goals.

Patrick

hello sfgut - welcome, and hope you enjoy your stay.

there are many here very well-steeped in formal study, beautiful resource.

done much reading, etc.?

If you know musashi's three years locked in the attic, that was me in highschool, up to my ears in stacks of books, so yeah a bit, but don't think me arrogant, I just love to read, I hope to learn alot from you all.

You can call me Patrick. And Thank you for the welcome.

Nice to meet you Smallframetaijiquan.

You seem to be a person that hangs around the Taijiquan crowd a lot... I find this extremely interesting.

by any chance do you have you spent time learning or practicing around Taoist Monks, Priests or any other practices of taoist things other than Taijiquan based taoism?

Intriguing perspective you have on things so far. I look forward to reading your future posts. I do enjoy a good read especially when filled with knowledge you know the juicy stuff.

By any chance are you a teacher of Taijiquan or any other internal martial art?

Believe it or not, the art I practiced is quite at odds with well pretty much everyone else in the taijiquan world, so in someways your right yes I love the art, but when your martial principles go against all theirs it's hard to be buddies usually, I am usually pretty nice, you'd be surprise how vehement these so called pacifist Tai Ji guys get when you say something they think is wrong. Yes I have studied with Taoist Priest infact that is where my final way of meditating was taught to me, when I say final I mean the way I feel is correct and the way I choose to follow. These priests also were involved in many esoteric things, I was taught their arts but I seldom use them anymore, some kind be a little unusual dispelling ghosts and demons for example. Infact that is how I found them, I was so messed up from improper practice and the buddhists over there couldn't do anything, till I met these guys, but they helped me to fix myself up. I did have a student once, but he was my mentor in another subject and I taught him some Tai Ji because he wished to learn, but he was a bit old even for tai ji 75 at the time. Plus as I said my Tai Ji is not the same as most others, it goes back to the old battlefield arts, so it's quite strenuous, if you understand the chinese meaning behind the phrase "Gong Fu" then you'll get my what I'm saying.

Thank You for the welcome White Tiger, I hope I don't offend anyone in here as discussing techniques I find people can often butt heads, if you like my view of things odds are I will like yours as well, so likewise I look Forward to reading your posts as well.

sorry for the crummy spelling I'm tired from training today and my touch typing is not quite what it used to be

*bow*

Well than, maybe I had the wrong impression about you.

Please excuse my ignorance and my ego.

You know this is online posting, you can easily correct your spelling errors if you so choose.

Ego? I thought you to be quite welcoming, it is natural to make assumptions about things, when you would usually be correct, I am not one to say I never do this, it often prevents us from making the same mistakes or wasting time looking in the same place for something new. So long as you have good will in your heart I don't an apology is ever neccesary, but it does show your quality. Yes I would go through and re edit everything but as long as my general point gets across I am fine with a small typo here and there, afterall it's not like I'm turning in an essay or something.

Stigweard and Yoda Thank You for your Greetings and Welcoming me, and thank you Stigweard for posting some of the ongoing polls I'll be sure to check them out. I was up in Los Angeles all day today so I am beat, about to hit the hay but couldn't help but check to see what was new.

Thanks Again Everyone

Sign in to follow this