Sloppy Zhang

Something happened to me last night

So let me preface this a bit. I've been practicing zen meditation for a couple years (introduced to it via karate), and I've been working on B.K. Frantzis' stuff for a couple months now. Yesterday I started working with chakras. My friend has extensive experience with it, so he gave me some pointers, so I sat down and started to work on the first chakra. I wouldn't say I fully opened it, but I did find notice of it, nudged it open just a teeny tiny bit, then closed down and backed off of meditation.

The rest of the evening I watched tv and did some homework.

Now, at about 2 or 3 am I woke up this morning, I was lying on my back, and.... well, it felt like dozens of fingers were tickling me/touching me lightly around my groin, pelvis, and upper leg area (I'd say about four or five sets of hands worth of fingers). At first I thought I was coming under attack by something. I've experienced what I would call a "mental attack" (or maybe it was just me freaking out) before, and I've repelled it, but before banishing this feeling I tried to perceive where it came from. I tried to trace the fingers to a hand, to an arm, to a body.... but I couldn't. There didn't really seem to be anything beyond a hand, or at least, the "feeling", of a hand.

So then I wondered if it came from an internal source, maybe I opened a chakra in my sleep? But I didn't really feel anything internal happening (then again I'm a noob when it comes to serious energetic stuff, so who knows). Then I thought back to a couple months ago, I was reading reports of hauntings and stuff, and one family mentioned that the mother and niece had woken up at night to feel like they were being groped by invisible hands. I chuckled and thought, "wow, I'm being molested by ghosts...." The thing was, it didn't feel sexual or arousing in any way. It was just in that area. But then I thought, maybe I attracted something with what I had started to practice?

I thought about rolling around and trying to shake it off, but I didn't want to wake my roommate. So I just kind of chilled, and after about two or three minutes it stopped. Then I went back to sleep because, well.... I have class today, and needed my rest.

I talked to my chakra friend about this, but he didn't really know. He mentioned that sometimes at night he'd wake up and feel a tingling/burning sensation in some chakra areas, but not like what I experienced. It didn't feel like the root chakra area... to be honest, it felt kind of like the second chakra area, but I've never done any conscious work with that one.

Anyway, I have no idea. Does anyone have any clues/insights? Thanks.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Far as my understanding goes, 99.99999% of such experiences (yes, including the ones with kunlun, but as your recent encounter illustrates, not limited to any one modality) are the outcome of a normally unconscious/dormant/repressed somatosensory memory of an early actual event having been activated. All practices that engage the bodymind in "non-ordinary" ways are capable of activating such memories. The body remembers all sensations, feelings, emotions it has ever lived through from the very beginning of its existence; the current mind, which doesn't, will typically do its best to supply a current interpretation so as to rationalize the inexplicable out-of-context feeling (energies, aliens, angels, demons, take your pick) -- unless it connects to the actual memory. In which case demons or angels might turn into parents or doctors, "energy beings" into brothers and sisters, snakes and aliens into uncles and aunts, and invisible fingers into real-life ones.

This understanding of mine is a very unpopular idea, every time I tried to express it someone threw something heavy. (duck)

I'm not saying angels and demons and energy beings and aliens and ghosts aren't real. Indeed, in .00001% of cases they are the ones responsible for the sensations.

The body remembers all sensations, feelings, emotions it has ever lived through from the very beginning of its existence;

I've never heard this before, is there anything you can refer me to so I can explore this further?

Cheers,

Far as my understanding goes, 99.99999% of such experiences (yes, including the ones with kunlun, but as your recent encounter illustrates, not limited to any one modality) are the outcome of a normally unconscious/dormant/repressed somatosensory memory of an early actual event having been activated. All practices that engage the bodymind in "non-ordinary" ways are capable of activating such memories. The body remembers all sensations, feelings, emotions it has ever lived through from the very beginning of its existence; the current mind, which doesn't, will typically do its best to supply a current interpretation so as to rationalize the inexplicable out-of-context feeling (energies, aliens, angels, demons, take your pick) -- unless it connects to the actual memory. In which case demons or angels might turn into parents or doctors, "energy beings" into brothers and sisters, snakes and aliens into uncles and aunts, and invisible fingers into real-life ones.

This understanding of mine is a very unpopular idea, every time I tried to express it someone threw something heavy. (duck)

I'm not saying angels and demons and energy beings and aliens and ghosts aren't real. Indeed, in .00001% of cases they are the ones responsible for the sensations.

That's what I have always thought too but never could put it as good like that. Thanks Taomeow. :)

Last week, I had a somewhat similar experience. I had slowly stopped all of my practices, and realized that I needed to step up my game with the recent string of things that have been happening to me (getting accepted to Seminary, getting my G.I. Bill claim processed in 3 weeks when it was supposed to take 3 months)

Anyway, I only meditate for 15 minutes a day just before I say my prayers and go to bed. I kept having that feeling like someone or something was in my room-- I've been having that feeling on and off for the past few months-- but everytime I would start to fall asleep, I could feel something tapping me on the arm or on my back. Eventually I fell asleep.

About 8 years ago when I first considered going into the ministry, my mom claims I came under spiritual attack. Something was trying to strangle me. I couldn't move. I tried to yell, but I was choking.