Sign in to follow this  
Mal

Can we REALLY KNOW anything in life?

Greetings..

Yes, we can 'know' things.. then, the 'mind' engages and the mind-play ends-up reading like this thread.. too much 'livin' in the head'.. "Simplify", brothers and sisters, 'simplify'..

Be well..

If you have a cat (or a dog, or a goldfish)

Ask them the same question.

I'm serious.

Of course it is possible to know things. Remember the classic situation: if you say you can't know anything then you have just refuted yourself because you know that you can't know anything.

Been telling you all for some time now that the experience of a Crown Center Awareness reavels one's self to one in the Tao. So, um, yea, one REALLY KNOWS what's associated with that experience.

Edited by xenolith

Sure. We can rarely know something with 100% certainty, but we can always make an educated comparison of probabilities can't we?

I'm pretty much convinced that I am the only one who really knows anything. Everyone else is hopelessly deluded.

I'm convinced that I'm hopelessly deluded. Everything else is my teacher.

I'm convinced that I'm hopelessly deluded. Everything else is my teacher.

This is close to the beginners mind, but also considering delusion as merely a subjective delusion as well is a good place to be too.

Kind of a catch twenty two that delusion is a delusion, huh? I know, sounds obvious, but it should kind of help to let go of being attached to the idea of an idea.

:mellow:

This is close to the beginners mind, but also considering delusion as merely a subjective delusion as well is a good place to be too.

Kind of a catch twenty two that delusion is a delusion, huh? I know, sounds obvious, but it should kind of help to let go of being attached to the idea of an idea.

:mellow:

True, thanks V. :)

I would suggest starting with the basics.

You could suppose that you were living in the matrix and that everything you experienced was a trick.

Who then is being tricked? if you are being tricked then 'you' at least are real, whatever 'you' is.

Similarly, if everything you experience is a creation of your mind, then who's mind? if it's created there must be a creator and if it's experienced, you must exist to experience it.

Similarly, if everything you experience is a creation of your mind, then who's mind? if it's created there must be a creator and if it's experienced, you must exist to experience it.

Who created the creator?

Who created the creator?

I only used it as a relative term to explain a particular relationship.

if the creator is created then it must also have a creator ad nauseam.

no matter how many times this is repeated it doesn't change the relationship I was explaining

so your question becomes irrelevant to the point at hand.

if you over think unrelated issues you miss the concept.

(cant see the forest for the trees)

:P:P

I think there is mass confusion in this area over misterminology. I know, if I jump out of the building's 50th floor, I will be smooshed at the ground. I cannot be sure of this though.
No, you can't, can you?

Cuz no matter how "sure" you are...you can't be sure that you aren't just dreaming, right? And that after you "smoosh to the ground"...you might simply wake up...

Point here being that regardless of how "sure" an outcome may be "physically," the entire underlying reality is never "for sure," is it? IOW, how can you ever be sure that you're not simply in some illusive "reality?" ANd therefore, whatever happens there...is also illusive?

Edited by vortex

Sign in to follow this