Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Genital Clitoral Vs. ???

Re-reading the sex section on Choosing Life by Dr. Frost, I see on page 87 it talks about "If a woman tends toward a more genital-clitoral orgasm and the frequency and magnitude of this type of orgasm pattern increases because of the man's staying power, you may be headed for difficulty..."

Now, what is the opposite of Genital/Clitoral orgasm for woman. I would think this would be orgasm w/ penetration, however, then the rest of the paragraph would not make sense, as it goes on to say that as the man's "big draw" increases it will suck up all her energy...

I am confused.

Re-reading the sex section on Choosing Life by Dr. Frost, I see on page 87 it talks about "If a woman tends toward a more genital-clitoral orgasm and the frequency and magnitude of this type of orgasm pattern increases because of the man's staying power, you may be headed for difficulty..."

Now, what is the opposite of Genital/Clitoral orgasm for woman. I would think this would be orgasm w/ penetration, however, then the rest of the paragraph would not make sense, as it goes on to say that as the man's "big draw" increases it will suck up all her energy...

I am confused.

7675[/snapback]

I do not have that book here but another type of orgams is G-spot-orgasm.... or brain orgasm... or...

It also says that woman are 11 times more sexualy potent than men, does this mean woman should have 11 times more orgasms? How does this work?

It also says that woman are 11 times more sexualy potent than men, does this mean woman should have 11 times more orgasms? How does this work?

7680[/snapback]

Well. Look at a man. Men tend to be finished after about 7 minutes of stimulation... now have a look at the women... then look at how quickly a man can recharge and then have a look at the women...

Hmmm.. I'd be curious to hear more about the context this statement is in, and Dr. Frost's elaboration on it. It reminds me of Freud equating clitoral orgasm with neurosis and it's an old old view considered a misconception and even sexist nowadays. IMO it was probably just based on ignorance of female anatomy. The clitoris is much larger than just what is externally visible and actually extends inside of the vagina as well. There is decent research to suggest that female orgasm without at least indirect clitoral stimulation is very rare, and exceptions to it are not based on "lack of neurosis" but just simply genetics.

Sean.

I was just pondering the same passage and there may be something to it. It fits Mrs Yoda's experience. She says the clitoral orgasms she gets from oral sex sends the energy upwards and too many of them makes her ungrounded and gives her a headache. A vaginal orgasm from sex sex brings the energy down and earths it and is best to end on.

Her description reminds me of taoist critiques of kundalini type yoga that points out the faults of only sending energy upwards. You can't store as much energy in the head, so it's easy to loose your charge out while experiencing overload problems like headaches.

Yoda, is she able to have an orgasm without any clitoral stimulation at all? Lezlie reports similar experience, that "blended" orgasms involving both penetration and clitoral stimulation are more satisfying, more full-body. My skepticism in Frost's view is that he seems to be saying that women who have difficulty reaching orgasm through penetration alone are headed for some kind of trouble. Anatomically that is like criticizing men if they have difficulty climaxing through a hand job that only touches the shaft. It's the old Freudian notion that "neurosis-free" women should be able to have an orgasm without any clitoral stimulation at all. I think that women who experience orgasm without direct clitoral stimulation though are, 1) just more aware of/sensitive to indirect clitoral stimulation and 2) rare. :)

Sean.

You probably read the passage more carefully than I did. But I think he has a point, that if a woman lives just off clitoral orgasms, that may uproot her in the long run. Who knows. I'm not convinced that a man has that much authority to speak for a woman's sexuality.

I just got the book, actually. When I previewed it on amazon I got super excited about it, but the actual practice discussion while excellent, was far too short per percentage of book space.

Personal preference: hate clitoral stimulation. It breaks my concentration. It takes the whole body out of the equation and drives in a redundant boiling point in one single location.

Does this make sense? Hope so. If not, then one additional comment : annoying.

Personal preference: hate clitoral stimulation. It breaks my concentration. It takes the whole body out of the equation and drives in a redundant boiling point in one single location.

Does this make sense? Hope so. If not, then one additional comment : annoying.

7758[/snapback]

That's interesting to know. I've had women say to me the opposite too I think.

Seems men interested in taoist or tantrik sex are like you in some sense, wanting to go beyond this 'myopic pleasure focus' on genitalia to a more full body and beyond experience, something that comes more naturally to women. In fact, my first girlfriend told me in response to my curiousity that pleasure for her was a full body experience, something I immediately knew was what I wanted too; I instinctively recognized it as more natural.

I feel that a subtle, sort of 'invisibly' taken for granted enculturation, not just physiology, discourages this in men, and to a lesser extent encourages that hyper-sexed, boiling point seeking thing in women too. Of course, people have preferences too and are not all encultured automatons... Some might disagree I know!

Simon

Simon

Sign in to follow this