Sign in to follow this  
super80

Disclaimers...

Here is something that has been on my mind for a while..Why do so many (if not all) medical Qigong systems always have to state things like:

- "Qigong should be used as a complementary practice for medical care -- not as a replacement."

- "You should be under the care of a medical doctor... blah blah "

It seems to me that these statements are blatant contradictions to the systems and practices themselves. I don't want to start a Western vs Eastern medicine debate here, so please start another thread for that.

My confusion is that some medical qigong systems talk about total healing of diseases like cancers, and systemic problems, but then they lose it by inferring that practitioners should be under the care of a "real" doctor and that the practice is merely complimentary. Mixed messages........

So my question is, do you think these types of statements are purely meant as a legal CYA or do the masters of these systems truly doubt the capabilities of the practices they teach???

You can get sued for practicing medicine without a license if you say certain things. Even if it cures 100% of every disease. :lol:

But that being said...most qigong that I know of isn't that good, and really should be only complementary.

Here is something that has been on my mind for a while..Why do so many (if not all) medical Qigong systems always have to state things like:

- "Qigong should be used as a complementary practice for medical care -- not as a replacement."

- "You should be under the care of a medical doctor... blah blah "

It seems to me that these statements are blatant contradictions to the systems and practices themselves.

No shit? So you notice this too? :) And did you notice how mystics often have to talk positively about religion and give props to it, even though what they teach contradicts religion in every important way? For example, Sufis talk positively about Islam, and Christian mystics talk positively about the Bible, and the Tibetan yogis talk positively about the Pali Canon and so forth. At least when speaking publicly. They say different things behind the closed doors. Why do you think that is, eh?

I'll spell it out for you -- "fitting in with the establishment".

The therapies that qi gong brings are not established so all kinds of reverence has to be paid to the establishment when you make claims that compete with the claims made by established practices.

This phenomenon occurs in many areas of life. It's called "I will do what I want, but I will lick the establishment's ass so that they will leave me be in peace."

There are not that many people that are fearless enough and grounded in the truth of being enough to say straight up what's on their mind without paying heed to the establishment. They exist, but they are rare. They often become legends.

There are not that many people that are fearless enough and grounded in the truth of being enough to say straight up what's on their mind without paying heed to the establishment. They exist, but they are rare. They often become legends.

I agree completely with this...

I think they do...aren't there forms that you fill out, where it says you can't sue them? I've rarely been to the doctor so could someone else verify?

I also agree with that.

I guess the question is: if you have the ability to do some real healing, are you willing to go to jail and become a legend, or just use a disclaimer? :lol:

I just found out it may become illegal to grow fruits and vegetables (sort of anyway) they are making it very hard to buy seeds of unusual and special kinds (for example tomatoes, such as (more disease resistand and cold resistant by the way and more aromatic and tastyer, more enjoyable) black tomatoes). And other things like 'you can buy the seeds but you can't 'eat' them, only look at them, etc. (only for ornamental purposes, etc.)

Government has lost track of it's original purpose. To help people, make people happy, take care of them, but not by saying you must or you mustn't, just saying some words why you shouldn't or etc. not a thing more. it's a monster, not helpful in any way almost anymore. FWIW. at least it is still. who knows if it could change for the better actually

Edited by froggie

Sign in to follow this