DaoChild

The soft overcomes the hard -- or does it?

I think this means that as you approach the extremes of hard or soft...you're actually better off switching to the opposite extreme rather than going even harder or softer. Too much Yin becomes vulnerable to Yang, and too much Yang becomes vulnerable to Yin.

The most difficult opponent then is the one who possesses and can change rapidly between both.

I think this means that as you approach the extremes of hard or soft...you're actually better off switching to the opposite extreme rather than going even harder or softer. Too much Yin becomes vulnerable to Yang, and too much Yang becomes vulnerable to Yin.

The most difficult opponent then is the one who possesses and can change rapidly between both.

I was gunna post something about Hard and Soft because recently in my "Search for a teacher" i realized something that i had not noticed before... which refines my "searching for a teacher" thus making it easier.

Although You basically said what i realized. (Differently stated but nevertheless the same thing)

Darn for beating me to it...

Peace,

wT

Correct! Better to master both and understand them both.

As an illustration imagine how energy travels through a bullwhip. The crack is 720mph/1158kph yet it does not start at that speed. No baseball player can throw a ball that fast, yet as the wave moves from the arm, shrinks down the line, and velocity is steadily increased, it is released from its soft silky tip.

Edited by Spectrum