wudangquan

You heard it here first

Wow, so I guess I'm alone here when I see sleepless nights, abandoned goals and dreams and basically slavery for at least 18 years.

<snip>

I guess I'm all by myself here in my views. Be gentle. :)

No (personally I don't like children :blink: Gasp!)

but since there isn't much Jonathan can do now........ pointing out the above perhaps isn't helpful ;) Especially as there seems to be a bit of (understandable) panic between the lines. But I'm sure he will be happy

p.s. Always pretend to like children & talking about children, otherwise parents (the majority) will NOT be amused ;)

The panic is because . . . The maternal grandfather is the Judo and Shuai Jiao coach for this entire province and one of the biggest, scariest Chinese dudes on the planet.

And he doesn't know yet!

As far as the other stuff goes . . . I don't foresee any losses that I wasn't willing to lose anyway. It might just happen a bit quicker, which is a good thing.

The key for me will be finding a balance between duties like I said . . . And making sure I am aware of the difference between desire and duty.

I don't personally think that not fulfilling my human goals or losing some of my own self interest is a bad thing, however. In fact I think having to do that is probably the best thing for me.

Like I've said before - I don't want the things that other people want, and I work backwards from my end-game.

I feel like I gain an opportunity to improve my cultivation dramatically and quickly, and I only lose some things that I don't need or want anyhow.

I'm only worried about losing the use of my arms for a few months after I get pile-driven onto my neck in short order here soon . . . :)

The panic is because . . . The maternal grandfather is the Judo and Shuai Jiao coach for this entire province and one of the biggest, scariest Chinese dudes on the planet.

And he doesn't know yet!

<snip>

I'm only worried about losing the use of my arms for a few months after I get pile-driven onto my neck in short order here soon . . . :)

LOL, I'm sure it will be fine, change is the only constant.

All the best to you my brother.

Congratulations! Having a Child is an amazing/trying/beautiful/tireing and mind expanding experience and I wouldn't trade it in for anything.

I was Shit Scared when mine was on the way as I thought it would slow or stop my spiritual progress, and I also was worried about repeating all the same disfunctional parenting patterns my parents used on me (I was brought up in an extremist religious cult).

All I can say is Wow! It purged more Internal crap from my system over the next year than I could have Imagined, taught a level of patience that I could not have got myself, freed me of many stupidly selfish motives (and continues too) and with all the amazing Good stuff of having a Loving relationship with another being.

If anything my practice has doubled in strengh as I now appreciate time much more and make the most of it.

My daughter just turned two.

Blessings on you and your Family :)

Seth Ananda.

You have now become immortal

Seriously I have always had a pet theory that if you want to escape "the wheel of life and death"....

then not perpetuating your genes might be the first step.

(now I'm definitely less popular than Max :) )

:)

All the best wishes. If you are sensitive, you will feel when the spirit "attaches" to the little body in the womb. I would say 2-3 months before the birth. Also at that time, the energy cords from the baby will begin to connect to your solar plexus. Whoever designed us was a genius.

Hey boys :)

Don't worry, your feelings about kids are normal adult male feelings...

No exceptions...

Until it happens to you.

Then you become a complete man, Ren, if you please.

YM is right... the first way to immortality is thru your children. If you want to go beyond that, you would still need a first hand experience with it. Just to see the amount of dedication and real-life envolvement that it really means. Immortality is a high goal, with the little we do daily, it's just a farfetched dream.

Your kids will be the best teacher at what it means to become an immortal...

Amen!

:lol:

L1