Stigweard

Tai Shi ~ Internal Breathing

yes, good article...but a small drop of what's in his embryonic breathing book :) (I'd recommend it)

when I trained this, I kept my mind there for a while over many sessions to make sure I got the mechanics down until I could do all of the proper motion without having to pay attention to it.

Hi, I' baaaack, had to do some light hearted stuff before getting back into this heavy stuff.

Not with a that long in breath pattern (have not tried) but definitely feel a hot belly from tumo. For me thats a 3 breath per minute pattern, perhaps its related to the frequency of breathing and co ordination of :-

I think I saw you mention Tumo before but I don't know what it is. Could you state it briefly for a lazy bum who doesn't want to look it up? When I feel hot belly it typically results from breathing 2 to 3 times a minute, not from the super long breaths, but I haven't tried that kind of focus with the super long breaths.

Concerning the out breath being less than the in breath, which I've seen mentioned, that is physically impossible of course, so it seems to me it is trying to describe a method of breathing where the out breath is slower and 'quieter' than the in breath