froggie

Making rain

If you have the Chi + the Intent + the permission of the Divine Creator and of Mother Earth it will happen and it wont go against things in nature. If its not meant to be it wont happen.

That's sort of the key with this stuff, or magic in general I guess.

If there is usually rain, but it's late and crops are failing (isn't that the traditional "set up" in the fables?) Are you not trying to..... well push in the right direction and restore balance. I imaging a pattern like a sine wave, you have more "chance" of success if you are pushing with the wave, not against it.

Good timing of topic with Anahata :)

Are you not trying to..... well push in the right direction and restore balance. I imaging a pattern like a sine wave, you have more "chance" of success if you are pushing with the wave, not against it.

Reminds me of this story told by Bhagavan Jivananda in his introduction to Israel Regardie's 'Lazymans Guide to Relaxation'.

"There once was a scholar of Chinese thought who came to visit a village which was suffering from a most unusual prolonged drought. All the people were very worried, since everything had been done to end it. Every kind of prayer, charm and magic had been used, but all to no avail. So the elders of the village told the old scholar that the only thing left was to send for the rainmaker.

The old scholar was very interested in this idea, since he had never seen a rainmaker before. The rainmaker

arrived in a covered car. He was a small and wizened old man. He stepped out of the car and smelled the air in

disgust. He then asked for a house on the outskirts of the village. He insisted that no one should disturb him and that his food should be placed outside his door.

No one heard or saw him for three days, when everyone was awakened by a heavy downpour of rain. It was even at times snowing, which was unusual for that time of year.

The old scholar was deeply impressed and went to see him. The scholar asked, "So you can make rain?" The

rainmaker scoffed at the idea and said "of course I can't." The scholar replied, "but there was the most persistent drought until you came, and within a few days it rains?" "Oh," replied the rainmaker, "that was something quite different. You see, I came from a region where everything was in order. It rains when it should and is dry when that is needed, and the people are also in order and Harmony with themselves. But that was not the case with the people here. They were all out of Harmony with themselves. I was at once ill when I arrived, so I had to be totally alone until I was once more in Harmony with myself and then of course quite naturally it rained!"

(On a side note, the day after we did Water in KAP it started to pour down and did so for near a month. The coincidence made me laugh. Although the folk here were pretty vexed I enjoyed it)

(On a side note, the day after we did Water in KAP it started to pour down and did so for near a month. The coincidence made me laugh. Although the folk here were pretty vexed I enjoyed it)

My dear brother Joel : )

: ) There are no Coincidences.

Once you start "listening" & "allow your self to be moved" to the natural flows of various pranas/chi , the Tattvas or elements & the over all waves of the Grand Ocean of the Creator things will happen on their own & things will manifest much more in this plane of reality if it is for a greater good. We can make changes etc again if it doesn't take away from the natural path & if we have permission and understand the Flow of things. We do not do IT (the DIVINE ABSOLUTE) does we are just conduits : )

"rain" is a blessing & a cleanser of etheric energy, emotions and helps bring about change rejuvenation growth etc. It also aids Creativity & Creation.

You need to know what each "occurrence does" & what each element is capable of both - & + sides of the possibilities.

Peace, Many blessings & Happy new year,

Santi

Edited by Vajrasattva

for an initiate that would be clear and practical. i am sorry thats all i can say

metta

adam

can you explain more what you mean?

"air element" can mean a lot of things, i'm not sure what you mean

something more 'concrete' or practical or something like that?

can you say how you would do it? or something like that

for an initiate that would be clear and practical. i am sorry thats all i can say

metta

adam

alright, then just let me finish off by replying

with a rhetorical question: initiate of what? (you don't have to answer) i have gotten a more detailed and worthwhile answer then you can maybe imagine from you saying that than if you would have gone more indepth about it.

nothing is hidden anyway from someone sincerely looking for something (so, "that's -never- the problem". (many other things are or can be, but not ever is it that which is a problem.))

in essence i was only attempting to make an interesting 'communal' conversation for everyone

so thanks anyway, that's all i can say back, for the record and to make the topic again clear.

and no i'm not saying that just to say something back. i really mean it.

Edited by froggie

with a rhetorical question: initiate of what?

:D Adam wasn't being obstructive, it was clear and practical enough to me.

An understanding of any system using elements, be it traditional Asian or western magic would clear things up. In these systems "elements" are not really explained as concepts or knowledge but experienced.

So you can read about them if you like. I you want to understand them I'd recommend KAP or something similar...

Hope that helps a bit.

:D Adam wasn't being obstructive, it was clear and practical enough to me.

An understanding of any system using elements, be it traditional Asian or western magic would clear things up. In these systems "elements" are not really explained as concepts or knowledge but experienced.

So you can read about them if you like. I you want to understand them I'd recommend KAP or something similar...

Hope that helps a bit.

ok i understand

but i also think that if you are really good that you can also explain something that has to be experienced/felt :) (from my own experience) ;):P

sorry for misunderstanding that particular point though if it was meant that way

sincerely and thanks

Edited by froggie