Baguakid

Wong Kiew Kit - 18 LoHan Qigong

It has developed a lineage

what? sorry i do not understand

Nowadays only 15 minutes are enough. Those advanced Students show energetics in performing their animal form and tit was amazing how to see the flow.

yeah. this sounds pretty good. the power is in simplicity. and this requires transmission. i am attracted to it because it is more high notch energetic gong despite many others chikung which requires hours and hours. this system seems to be real alchemy practice. but at the same time i am in doubts. because it is not only chikung but kungfu system. and it is quite pricey. they do not hold permanent kungfu classes and based on seminar basis. every seminar is very expensive and you can not develop your kung fu skills. yeah. one can do just qigong, but this qigong is martial indeed and kubg fu practice should be the base of the entire system. taichi they teach is not in lineage. it is mix of styles developed by the order of communist party in China. these both factos are the downside of the entire system. i do not think that authentic system must be based on spontaneous chi flow and i look towards the bruce kumar system. the goal is the same - to reach energy body and remove blockages. in WKK system it is might be more straightforward as there is direct transmission. BKF system might be more slow. And very expensive too. But can be learned from the book and from local instructors. I did seminar on cosmos chikung 2 years ago but it did not work for me but i mixed with yoga and did not practice enough every day. Now thinking this is really advanced gong but I could not elaborate it. They hold seminar soon where I live and there is summer camp in the UK soon with Sifu Wong. He will transmit 18 lohan set and bone nourishing. Hmm, this is good but it is better to learn kung fu system where you can practice it in pair for martial skills. This system is more for health.

Okey, You want to say it has roots in Shaolin but there are many systems rooted in Shaolin and many of them distorted to the level of calisthenics but this system has unique authentic engine. I can not agree or disagree but only heard few positive feedbacks and can not judge. But I suppose it is good system indeed, I saw couple people on the seminar who were like swimming in this chi flow and it really did some good energy cleansing for the. JUST BY DOING IT 1 HOUR A DAY. This is evidance of the advance system

Either the power is that strong that it balance the energy system or

the student has much problem and still has spontaneus movement and create much disbalance in life.

So I have a diverted view on this phenomenom.

Absolutely agree with you here. I asked this question on another taoist forum years ago. That forum is on the authentic taoist alchemy school. They confirmed that there is spontan. chi flow indeed in alchemical stuff but it can be caused by different phenomenon!!! Even by the spirits! And that it can work with different levels of energy. What I saw people were to much in their emotional stuff, and it was too vigorous. I think it can be not useful really and not nesses, the evidence of spiritual growth. I can not esteem it on my level. But I was told that it is dangerous practice and can cause inclinations! So I am not in a hurry to go to this seminar and would better bind myself with authentic alchemy sect. They say In their system spontan. chi flow is very soft and pleasant. I can not elaborate it more.

Edited by Eugene

A comment to the 18 Lohan qigong as taught by Wong Kiew Kit, and on lohan gong(s) in general.

This is not a set that was handed down from his teachers, this is a mixed set that he put together himself http://www.shaolin.org/answers/ans98a/jan98.html (hope I got the right URL). That might explain why he focuses on some of the exercises on seminars, these are exercises that comes down through his lineage. So, if you choose to do this set, know that it starts with Eight pieces of brocade.

There are many lohan sets, most connected to the fighting tradition from Shaolin. Here are some more versions:

http://www.wudang.cis.com.pl/luohan_2_11.html and http://www.neijia.net/neijia/luohan09.html

There is also a set of 16 static stances called Luohan gong, where the number sixteen points to a more buddhist tradition with 16 arhats, 18 being a number more influenced by chinese culture.

Having trained with two qigong masters involved in Shaolin style qigong, both mentioned induced qi flow and both stated that it is preferable to do that type of exercise in a later stage of practice, when the energy system has stabilized and you have worked out the worst kinks in the emotional and mental body. It's a powerful practice, but can give side effects. One of the two stated that induced qi flow should be done in the presence of a qigong master only.

Personally I belive that both teachers was influenced by the reports from China in the mid-late nineties about qigong psychosis, and that they wanted to be safe rather than sorry.

Having tried Wong Kiew Kits Lifting the sky and the induced qi flow myself, it feels great and is easy to learn even from a book. In the end I abandoned it for the first opportunity to get live instructions from a teacher.

Talking from experience, Sifu Wong's Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung is incredibly effective.

As with any chi kung, your state of mind is important to gain maximum benefit.

If you practice it from books, it will not be anywhere near as effective as attending an Intensive Chi Kung Course and learning the skills directly.

It is truly an internal art.

I attended 2 days seminar and I had some spontaneous movements and felt somehow more relaxed but after 5 days of training at home all this went off. Then I continued for another 3 months and felt nothing. But I have admit that I was doing yoga at that time and did not do it every day TWO times. What state of mind can a beginner be? Enlightened? Still?

Hi Eugene,

For me, state of mind means to still your mind. You should not have to make any additional effort. Just relax your mind, and enjoy the stillness!

I had similar problems as you did after attending an Intensive Chi Kung Course. After posting my doubts on the Wahnam forums, and being advised to contact my local Wahnam Sifu, I saw him personally and realised where I had deviated.

So, if you want to pursue it fully (recommended!), my best suggestion would be contacting your local Sifu.

Best wishes.

Well, it might be good chikung indeed. But does it work with prenatal chi cultivation? I personally have tried few diff. chikung which did not benefit much and I am very aware of every method which I am offered. There are many people who use the name of Shaolin and you can't be sure what is the truth. If this chikung works with postnatal chi it can produce this chi flow but it can be not safe. And on seminar I saw few people who were very indulging in their emotions. I was talking to some people from authentic taoist sects who told me that it is not desirable to start from postnatal chi cultivation and such chi manifestations can lead to different inclinations. But it may be just their approach. I am just not sure in Shaolin Cosmos chikung lineage and what is next there. For example the taichi they teach is mix of different styles and chikung may be such mix as well. And this is not cheap.

Edited by Eugene