mewtwo

Michael rinaldini daoist priest program?

Has anyone ever taken any courses fropm him? Is he legit?

Edited by mewtwo

been almost a month since i last posted here. had to have a LONG-AWAITED hernia surgery. like ridiculously long. like 6-8 years long. :rolleyes:

anywho...

never taken any of his courses, but i feel confident in saying that he's legit. one of his teachers is a hero of mine, Dr. Wan Su Jian (he's the one wearing all black in the picture on michael's website). he

i've talked to michael a number of times. i considered training with him at one point myself, but he and i practice and teach a number of the same things, and i have no interest in becoming a taoist priest.

he's the only other person i know who's teaching Wuji Hundun in california. he also teaches Master Wan's Bagua Xundao Gong (no relation to Bagua Zhang). and his foundational (level one) textbook for his students is the same as mine: Healing Promise of Qi by Roger Jahnke.

i can tell you that he's disciplined and that he's no-nonsense. if you're enticed by the 'Dragon Gate' label and think he'll help you become Wang Li Ping, don't waste his or your time. if you're genuinely interested in Daoism as a religious practice, he has the real goods. he has the real empowerments from real Daoist Masters and High Priests to make him a High Priest himself.

so it really depends on what you're really looking for. he's up there with ken cohen as far as depth and skill are concerned, IMO. he's younger, slimmer, more agile, and more skilled at body mechanics. Plus, he's endorsed by Master Wan! ;)

the only reason he's not super well-known is because he hasn't published any books or videos. that's the only reason. every major teacher connected to the NQA knows who he is and respects him a great deal.

• Like 2

Hi Guys,

I've been a student of Michael Rinaldini and I can say he is legit, i have only done his distance program on Qigong not anything formally Daoist but all of his teaching has daoism in it..

Ive put a blog post about him up here just today actually and did a search on his name and this topic came up so I thought Im a Taoist Bum who has been involved with Shifu Michael Rinaldini so I can comment..

His teaching forced me to dig deeply into qigong and gave me insights I would never have gleaned under all the other instructors ive ever had... in fact my blog is about 80-90% his homework assignments..

And i still consider myself a complete noob, simply because im 36 and have a hectic life am still lazy and have not done enough practice

http://www.healingqigong.org/an-interesting-video-about-the-way

Edited by Brian Colborne
  • Like 1

I know this is an old thread but I think it's good to update this with my opinion and experience in 2022.  The current distance learning course that is offered is very poor. 

You get some YouTube videos and have to provide feedback on your experience of the form.  I actually sent him a video of me doing one of the forms (rolling the ball).  I figured out later I was doing it backwards but he didn't notice!

To pass the certification you don't even have to demonstrate the form.  I only did some of the forms a couple of times but was able to pass that module by describing my experience of it.  I even asked if I should send videos and I got a "meh" kind of response.

His Zuowang knowledge seems to be from reading books on the subject without any direct training and amount to nothing more than a Buddhist style approach of following the breath.

He has many distance learning students which reduces his attention to detail even more.  He doesn't really pay as much attention as he should.

A lot of the forms are incomplete such as just having one of the forms from Eight Silk Brocades, or just two of the animal forms from the five animal frolics.  It feels pieced together.  Several of the forms are forms he made up or cobbled together.

The whole thing seemed pretty low quality in my opinion.

• Like 2