Cameron

Best over all practices

A friend of mine and I once plotted to become substitute teachers for two classes of preschoolers... we'd then pool the two classes together and teach them the Om Tara Tut Tara Ture Svaha done in dance style with the kids.

The closest analogy would be to teach little kids the Hare Krishna mantra and get dozens of kids singin' it.

We never did pull it off, our fellow Athens, GA citizens just wouldn't understand.

I did eventually participate in a Rainbow Gathering where many a stoned hippy did the Hare Krishna chant 'n dance. It was intoxicating.

One of the hippies died a few hours later, but the Krishna dudes told us that it was great timing to do a mass chant and then meet the Blue One within a few hours. What an awesome day for that guy, huh?

Blue light special!

-Y

Guess mine would be:

1) Sedona Method/Release Technique

2) Standing Meditation (Lam Kam Chuen style)

3) WSM/Inner Smile

4) Some form of exercise (5 Tibetans, Royal Court etc)

two more to add:

LEARN BRAIN CONTROL: AMYGDALA CLICKING FORWARD!!!

www.neilslade.com

(thankx Keith for mentioning it somewhere. Cool stuff!!!)

Massage the abdomen. Search for the painful spots & those keeping tension. Massage it away in a circling motion. Wow. Did not know how much energy this can set free. Massaging my abdomen I really felt my brain getting oxygenated... !!!

Harry

I say we make this a seperate secion of TaoBums, where people list their favorite practices and can update it and stuff. Use your imagination. In theory it could fit in the personal practice section, but I am thinking it would take too long to look at everyone's seperate shit...?

I say we make this a seperate secion of TaoBums, where people list their favorite practices and can update it and stuff.

5577[/snapback]

Good idea!

Maybe this could be in the Articles section, as an article. That'd work! :)

I gotta add Yi Swallows Chi to my list, between core channel and the 10,000 other things.

*Relaxation*

releasing tensions, stress, short tight muscles give sway to strengthen weak long ones, this will open the door to ...

*Concentration*

being aware of your movements without dwelling on them, it is mental as well as physical trainging, in a kinaesthetic sense you get connected to your body-so that you know where you are in space and what you are doing with every part of your body. This becomes harder as automacy threatens its toll, so be careful not to be so keen to reach the destination that you've missed the journey completely.

*Alignment*

Muscle, bone, and tissue have their place in and around you-if anything is held out of its natural alignment and you practice without due attention to its correct position, then the mechanics of them are altered and there will be unwanted stress and discomfort leading all the way to pain and trauma. Just pay attention to your own self/body-mind, it has many ways of telling you...

*Breathing*

this works the muscles between the ribs, facilitating their expansion and making the upper body more fluid and mobile. Practicing different methods and patterns will strengthen all aspects mentioned here and offers greater core stability.

*Centring*

My work has come from tucking in my pelvis (which creates a north-tilt) and putting more weight on one side of my body than the other (which weakens the core-dignity) and that meant that other muscles - the rectus abdominis and the hip flexors - are being cheated and doing the work instead of the tranversus and the internal obliques.

I like using this with beforementioned CC and weapon focus:

*Breathe in to prepare for a movement.

*Breathe out, strong center to spine, and move.

*Breathe in to recover.

*Co-ordination*

while stimulating the two way communication between the brain and the muscles, you get a real good mind-body exercise. The more you vary it, the more you retrain your muscle recruitment. which brings us to...

*Flowing Movements*

this gives you the opportunity to check your alignment and to focus on using the right muscles to do the job.

*Stamina*

when you reach a moderate level of this, you will no longer be wasting energy holding on to unnecessary tension or moving inefficiently.

*Retention*

It's pointless to start on a path of building skill, effiency and experience if you are not planning on using what you've learned on a continual basis.

*Relaxation*

releasing tensions, stress, short tight muscles give sway to strengthen weak long ones, this will open the door to ...

*Concentration*

being aware of your movements without dwelling on them, it is mental as well as physical trainging, in a kinaesthetic sense you get connected to your body-so that you know where you are in space and what you are doing with every part of your body. This becomes harder as automacy threatens its toll, so be careful not to be so keen to reach the destination that you've missed the journey completely.

*Alignment*

Muscle, bone, and tissue have their place in and around you-if anything is held out of its natural alignment and you practice without due attention to its correct position, then the mechanics of them are altered and there will be unwanted stress and discomfort leading all the way to pain and trauma. Just pay attention to your own self/body-mind, it has many ways of telling you...

*Breathing*

this works the muscles between the ribs, facilitating their expansion and making the upper body more fluid and mobile. Practicing different methods and patterns will strengthen all aspects mentioned here and offers greater core stability.

*Centring*

My work has come from tucking in my pelvis (which creates a north-tilt) and putting more weight on one side of my body than the other (which weakens the core-dignity) and that meant that other muscles - the rectus abdominis and the hip flexors - are being cheated and doing the work instead of the tranversus and the internal obliques.

I like using this with beforementioned CC and weapon focus:

*Breathe in to prepare for a movement.

*Breathe out, strong center to spine, and move.

*Breathe in to recover.

*Co-ordination*

while stimulating the two way communication between the brain and the muscles, you get a real good mind-body exercise. The more you vary it, the more you retrain your muscle recruitment. which brings us to...

*Flowing Movements*

this gives you the opportunity to check your alignment and to focus on using the right muscles to do the job.

*Stamina*

when you reach a moderate level of this, you will no longer be wasting energy holding on to unnecessary tension or moving inefficiently.

*Retention*

It's pointless to start on a path of building skill, effiency and experience if you are not planning on using what you've learned on a continual basis.

5589[/snapback]

O PRINCES, ARE YA SUM KINDA BODY-WORKER O SORTS, SAY?

YER MASTER-SHIP O ANATOMICAL NOMMENCLATURE BETTRAY A FORE0-KNOWLEDGE THERREOF.

LOOK *DA NOTTORIOUS* BE AN AMMATUER TRIGER-POINT THERRAPY PRAQCTITIONER (BESIDES BEIN A REICHIAN PSYCCOTHERAPPIST, A PR0N ACTOR, A CHEF EXTRAORDINAIRE, A LOVER SUPPREME, A LINGUIST, A PATTRIOT, N FINNALY AN HUMLE TAO BUM PRACTITIONER.

AARRGHH I NEED A MASAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!