rism

Intro and Hi

Hi Guys

I am new here. My background is kriya yoga of Yogananda and Pranic healing.

I am here to learn more about healing and Tai Chi which I want to integrate into my practice.

Kriya is a method similar to microcosmic orbit except we do not use any front chakra, it is meditation on six chakras.

While searching for QI Gong, I came across Mantak Chia's retreat. I was wondering if it is ok for a complete newbie to attend his tao garden retreat for basic healing and Tai Chi introduction.

I stay in Kolkotta,India and a ticket to chiang mai shek would cost me 150 dollars, with company subsidies.

DO I NEED to have any prior knowledge to attend these retreats ?

Hi Guys

I am new here. My background is kriya yoga of Yogananda and Pranic healing.

I am here to learn more about healing and Tai Chi which I want to integrate into my practice.

Kriya is a method similar to microcosmic orbit except we do not use any front chakra, it is meditation on six chakras.

While searching for QI Gong, I came across Mantak Chia's retreat. I was wondering if it is ok for a complete newbie to attend his tao garden retreat for basic healing and Tai Chi introduction.

I stay in Kolkotta,India and a ticket to chiang mai shek would cost me 150 dollars, with company subsidies.

DO I NEED to have any prior knowledge to attend these retreats ?

Hi rism!

How are you?

Lots of similarities between all the systems, hmm?

Fun to compare the studies.

i don't know Kriya yoga yet, i don't think?

Will have to look that up :D

Maybe try posting your question in one of the discussion forums?

Things tend to get missed easy here in the lobby sometimes.

Lots on here talk about Mantak Chia though

and some may have good info for you!

Stay well and have fun with the bums!

Shon

Rism,

Welcome to taobums! I'm sure you are aware of this, but in case not: advancedyogapractices.com is a great reference and borrows heavily from Kriya yoga.

I doubt you'd need prior experience, but if you want more feedback post your question on the main discussion section where more people will read it and respond.

Your pal,

Yoda

Hey there, I'm a pranic healer too! I read Yogananda's Autobiography of a Yogi and it was great. I wonder though, if you are only focusing on the Yang channels... wouldn't it cause an imbalance in your microcosmic orbit? I haven't studied Kriya Yoga so I don't really know the kriya Yoga teachings..

Rism,

Welcome to taobums! I'm sure you are aware of this, but in case not: advancedyogapractices.com is a great reference and borrows heavily from Kriya yoga.

I doubt you'd need prior experience, but if you want more feedback post your question on the main discussion section where more people will read it and respond.

Your pal,

Yoda