peter falk

I Am a Tree

I am a tree. The core channels are my trunk and roots. They draw the nourishment and water from Earth and keep me rooted. Deep in the center of the earth is a special water rich in nutrients that feed me. My orbit is the vascular system that circulates the water and nutrients, delivering them to all parts. The Shen are the leaves. They use cosmic energy to build and fortify me. The belt channel is my bark. It protects me and holds the trunk fast. Finally, the arm and leg channels are my branches. They give grace and beauty to my form and let me reach out to the world. I am a tree.

Hey Mr. Falk, just reading this post naturally got a ton of chi moving through my channels. Feels good. Great post.

The tree is a fun analogy. Do you practice ant form of standing meditation? Yiquan teaches standing before a tree as part of its practice, and I'll bet you got the tree quote from a book about it.

I like this, actually it is very applicable to martial arts, in a Tai Chi theory book and my tai chi class, I read that we are equatable to trees in that, from the earth our feet are rooted (or if you are very good you can be rooted in the air) giving us balance and energy, and this balance manifests, from feet, to knees, to hips, to abdomen, to chest, to shoulder, to elbow to arm and maybe even fingers. This martial teaching really shows you how each part of the body is integral in martial sciences. Just as a tree needs roots trunk branches to make fruit or leaves.

Also in meditation I learned in standing that we are to draw Qi from the ground through us.

Very cool thought