sheng zhen,

I'm sorry if you misunderstood me? The book itself is not free, but on Google books search, Lama Tantrapa has allowed for full viewing of his book.

Cool stuff, I will be reading it over the next few days. :D

Lama,

I had not intended to pursue my question about your lineage but since I get a mention in your last post I would like to say this. You claim quite specifically a lineage of 27 generations going back to 1224. [b]You also seem to link Mongol culture with Bon from Tibet which is actually culturally, ethnically and geographically distinct[/b]. I was not asking you to 'boast' but to clarify exactly what you were claiming about your lineage as I am confused about the provenance of your teachings.

You may well argue that this does not matter as long as Qi Dao works - but you yourself raised this issue. For someone like myself who is interested in this subject and would consider buying your books and tapes it is crucial, I believe, to have some confidence that what is being taught is authentic and is what it claims to be - if you see what I mean.

I put these points with all respect to you and all teachers and practitioners.

Apepch7

Shamanic traditions were originally developed in Siberia and central Asia (Altai mountains region) (very Yin and Earth area; for instance, Mt Belukha is an spiritual mountain and a power spot and according to Asian legend, a future Northern Shambala, a mystical country of spiritual wisdom) and from there spread to the rest of Asia, Europe and North America and the rest of the continent.

I highly recommend you reading this excellent book written by an authority on the subject: Eliade Mircea. The book is:

Shamanism: Archaic Techniques of Ecstasy.

http://www.amazon.com/Shamanism-Archaic-Te...n/dp/0691119422

A must read for everyone in this forum, if you haven't done so.

5/5.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

Thanks for your explenation on Dream Yoga!

This is actually the exact same principles Dr.Joseph Dillard bases his Dream Yoga on... The most interesting parts a dream is the Dream Consciousness, as Dillard calls it. Or "the Dream Being", as you call it. The creator of the dream. By indentifying with the Dream Consciousness you get a direct link to the formless consciousness behind the illusion of our reality, and this is of great help in meditation.

Sheng Zhen,

I appreciate your pointing out that somebody else practices Dream Yoga in a way similar to mine. Although I am not familiar with Dr. Dillard and his work, it sounds as though he follows Carl Jung's methods to some extent. I believe you are quite right about the most interesting aspect of the practice of Dream Yoga being identifying with the source of the dreaming consciousness, or Dream Being. Indeed, once you are awake enough in the dream to recognize it as a creation of the dreamer's mind, it presents an opportunity to unify the creator and the creation, or simply recognizing that the creator is one with the entire world of dreaming. Such dissolution of the dichotomy between the seeming subject and object of the dream is very much akin to enlightenment, or becoming one with the Dao. There is definitely no need for playing with the symbolism of the dream images or their assumed meanings, because the dreamer unconsciously knows what they mean and what lessons they offer; however, those lessons are still to be learned consciously. That is how the Dream Being, or the Dao if you will, is constantly being enlightened by us learning the lessons it keeps dreaming up. As far as I am concerned, it is the greatest game in the universe!

Aloha

Shamanic traditions were originally developed in Siberia and central Asia (Altai mountains region) (very Yin and Earth area; for instance, Mt Belukha is an spiritual mountain and a power spot and according to Asian legend, a future Northern Shambala, a mystical country of spiritual wisdom) and from there spread to the rest of Asia, Europe and North America and the rest of the continent.

I highly recommend you reading this excellent book written by an authority on the subject: Eliade Mircea. The book is:

Shamanism: Archaic Techniques of Ecstasy.

http://www.amazon.com/Shamanism-Archaic-Te...n/dp/0691119422

A must read for everyone in this forum, if you haven't done so.

5/5.

Thanks durkhrod chogori for the link yes, I am aware of Eliade's work.

I am grateful to the Lama for making his book available online and have had a look through it. So thanks to Lama for that too.

As far as I am concerned, it is the greatest game in the universe!

Aloha

Yes! A very exiting game indeed :D

You are very generous to allow full viewing of your book. Ill be reading it the next few days.

I dont think Dillard is into Carl Jung though. Carl Jung is more into archetypes and the like, isnt he? Dillards method is just dialogueing with the dream elements. This way there is no need for interpretation, remebering symbol meanings or anything like that. The dreamer knows allready why the dream is the way it is, and by dialogueing with the dream elements we learn to listen.

So we learn more and more to listen to the consciousness behind the illusion we are presented.

Edited by sheng zhen

hello Lama Tantrapa,

I think your system of Qi Dao is exactly the same set of jewels that I discovered through my explorations(Advaita, YCYOR, meditation, conscious movement). It is all very tangible, with no fluff.

It combines natural movement/energetics, self inquiry and dreaming. This is all very practical and important :)

Also I love the blog talk radio interviews, the interviewed qigong masters have a mind of their own, everyone is evolving and won't take fluff.

Keep up the great work.

Edited by Nilo

hello Lama Tantrapa,

I think your system of Qi Dao is exactly the same set of jewels that I discovered through my explorations(Advaita, YCYOR, meditation, conscious movement). It is all very tangible, with no fluff.

It combines natural movement/energetics, self inquiry and dreaming. This is all very practical and important :)

Also I love the blog talk radio interviews, the interviewed qigong masters have a mind of their own, everyone is evolving and won't take fluff.

Keep up the great work.

Thank you, Nilo, for your comment. By the way, did you read my book on Google for free or buy it on Amazon.com or elsewhere? I appreciate your feedback and would love to know more about your own explorations. In particular, I am not familiar with YCYOR.

I am also glad you enjoy my Radio talk show The Secrets of Qigong Masters. Next Monday, November 16, I am interviewing one of the best known American Qigong teachers Roger Jahnke. So, please feel free to listen to the show at www.blogtalkradio.com/qigongmasters or call in with any questions at (347) 327-9635 between 6:00 and 7:00 pm PST.

Speak to you soon,

Lama Tantrapa

thanks for the reply Lama Tantrapa,

I really enjoy the interviews because you are genuinely interested in knowing about your guests. I heard the Mark Johnson interview today and he is a gem of wisdom, I will look up his books and website.

I don't have your book but have it on my amazon wishlist, I have your DVD though and thoroughly enjoyed it and I look forward to the upcoming book you mentioned.

Regarding YCYOR (You create your own reality). I am not a new agey person but this is channelled material. Your perceptions are very inline with this material because you like to get to the essence, without all the fluff.

The clearest channellersI have found are Darryl Anka (channels entity named Bashar) and Mary Ennis (channels entity named Elias).

There are tons of Bashar (bashar.org) videos on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f

And there are 2 Elias websites ( http://www.eliasforum.org & http://www.eliasweb.at)

I find there there is SOOO much distorted information out there. From my view Mantak Chia's whole system looks and feels unnecesary complicated as doe smany other systems. That is why I love the Elias info, the intent of that material is to offer the least distortion possible.

I personally have never been to a qigong/taichi class, advaita satsang, any seminar. this is a blessing from my perspective because I don't have to unlearn anything and take others word over mine. I started experimenting with my body consciousness through desperation, I had intense solid feeling energetic knots in my head, throat, solar plexus.

From my experimental and intuitive experience what works really well for me is to start the day warming up my body gently before doing Yoga. During Yoga I have alot of resistance comes up in my mind/body and I express it as it comes out by swearing or through various body language. I don't judge the resistance, I just meet it greet it and release. After yoga I do a super slow body movements, this helps me connect and feel my energy and release futher resistance. After this point I just allow my body to move to the flow, there is no resistance anymore, just energy, appreciation and flow. This energy dance is the highlight of my day and I feel like I have gotten out of the way.

I look forward to the interview with Roger and keep the flow going!

Best regards,

Perry

Thank you, Nilo, for your comment. By the way, did you read my book on Google for free or buy it on Amazon.com or elsewhere? I appreciate your feedback and would love to know more about your own explorations. In particular, I am not familiar with YCYOR.

I am also glad you enjoy my Radio talk show The Secrets of Qigong Masters. Next Monday, November 16, I am interviewing one of the best known American Qigong teachers Roger Jahnke. So, please feel free to listen to the show at www.blogtalkradio.com/qigongmasters or call in with any questions at (347) 327-9635 between 6:00 and 7:00 pm PST.

Speak to you soon,

Lama Tantrapa

Edited by Nilo

BTT (since it's basically the same discussion as the 2010 thread :D )