neo

Kunlun Qs

I just got my copy of Pillars of Bliss and read it through yesterday, but I have a few questions if anyone can help.

The book mentioned an updraw technique for those who could not be completely celibate. I attempted this but had trouble either contracting my muscles enough of something because there was still emission but not as strong. I may just wait until I can be celebate later on in my training.

Also, holding the level one position tires out my shoulder and traps, any pointers to extending my practice?

I have done energy work before so I am used to some sort of current, do you think I could practice level 1 for 3 instead of 6 months? How do I know when I'm ready?

What is the purpose of the fur/mat under the chair? Can I just have my feet touching the grass?

Alot of the description in the book of kunlun bliss sounded like how someone feels when they are on psychodelic mushrooms, anyone who has experienced both, is this accurate?

Anything else I should know now that im starting my training/anything you wish you knew when you started/any good pointers at all

Thanks very much,

Max

Hey, I'm so glad you're doing this PERFECT practice! :D

I am wondering about the updraw technique, as well. It takes A LOT of hand pressure to keep it all in sometimes, and that definitely doesn't seem healthy...so I just don't do it. I used to experiment with this in my ayp yoga days. I do think it really helps if you're a highly sexual person then to make yourself be less frequent. I'm a crazy young guy so I have been used to "emissing" everyday...now it seems really good to try and aim for about once a week. More than that is kinda hard to do for me.

Max (not you, the teacher) said that celibacy doesn't really matter after going to a seminar because he transmits the kunlun energy to you...I guess I have a question of everyone else here: how much doesn't it really matter? Should I just stop worrying about it? This practice is so fast but for some reason I want it even faster.

About tired arms, don't feel the need to hold the position the whole time...if your arm hurts shake it out and go back to the posture. Relax and be sure you aren't making yourself tense, since that inhibits chi flow. Smile...I'm serious that's the biggest thing I learned at the seminar, and it truly truly truly helps. And one more thing - as time goes by and you practice more, you'll get more used to the position so it'll become easier. Also, when more energy is flowing, it'll work out the tension you're holding and that will make it a piece of cake.

About knowing when you're ready for the next step...the basic idea I got from the seminar is that when you're done having weird experiences and you just sit there, wondering what's wrong with your practice...then you're ready. But of course you can do whatever you like...I think it's all about what you're personally ready for and comfortable with.

I think a fur helps keep energy from leaking into the ground from the kidney point on the foot. It's not a huge deal, but helps a lot if you haven't gotten the transmission.

k1.gif

About mushrooms, I haven't gotten my "shroom vision" on yet :P ....but my personal experience is that as I practice I feel tons of energy moving through me and feel wonderful...like loving and fun. And it definitely is a "water path", or shen practice. Everything that Chris (Mantra68) has said here is in line with my experience, and of course most of what Max has said is perfectly matching my experience. I'm sure that soon everything he's said will be seen to be true...kind of scary. :P

AND you should know that the seminars are totally worth it. It really gets the practice going. I drove halfway across the country (WI to NJ) and it was probably the greatest thing I've ever done. You learn more techniques there, too...like red phoenix which really compliments kunlun...and makes my mind disappear sometimes. It's great, but not when I have to remember to take my car in to the mechanic.

Ya i really wish I had known about Kunlun before I missed the NJ seminar seeing as it seems Max will be going on an indefinate retreat after his europe seminar tour. How do you think I should go about getting the transmission? Possibly one of Max's students?

There's a seminar in LA coming up. Max's students do give transmissions as well.

In kunlun 1 just breathe however your body wants to.

By the way, sorry about dominating all the questions...I'm just a beginner, so if someone more knowledgeable interjects then please forget about whatever I got wrong. :huh::D

Edited by Scotty

Also, holding the level one position tires out my shoulder and traps, any pointers to extending my practice?

relax your shoulders, let 'em drop down!

I have done energy work before so I am used to some sort of current, do you think I could practice level 1 for 3 instead of 6 months? How do I know when I'm ready?

go until the energy's there. if you can recognize the energy sooner, it should take you less time - but it basically took me ~6 months to really 'get it.' In my current limited capacity, of course :lol:

What breathing pattern is it for kunlun 1 natural or reverse breathing?

either...common knowledge that reverse is more powerful, just tougher to do than natural. for me, building sensitivity with natural helped control and enhance the reverse.

Thanks so much for the information

Does anyone know any of Max's students that are in my area (MA) that could give me the transmission, no way to make the CA seminar, I'm graduation that weekend

Scotty, for the draw, I have had that same problem, what helps is to use one of your hands to squeeze the shaft and close the urethra, sometimes it still leaks through if the pressure isn't distributed well but for the most part it retains it well, just make sure to wait to use the restroom because sometimes you can pee it out if it hasn't fully reabsorbed yet.

As for the hand position, it is just to activate the energy, you can leave them by your side once you get your legs shaking

I have done many mushrooms :rolleyes: and it does kind of feel like it except a lot more deep and controlled, not so much with the visions but with the "trance like" mindset, red phoenix elicits this more for me, but it could be that because I have done mushrooms and LSD that my mind sort of reverts to that paradigm naturally.

hope that helped

clinton

Neo,

Max had said he'd likely be able to come out to NJ again before too long.

I'm just a newbie, but here's my thoughts: once you've gotten the flow started, then you can do any sort of rhythmic motion you feel like including moving your arms or just relaxing them on your lap, etc. Pretend you are sitting in a sideways rocking chair works for me or spiral the torso (I forget which way is the default... it's in the book). I'd recommend if you are doing the practice for longer than just a few minutes, to add some sort of motion component to it to help distribute the energy so no kinks build up.

Your pal,

Yoda

What is the purpose of the fur/mat under the chair? Can I just have my feet touching the grass?

interesting you say grass, b/c at the NJ seminar i wanted more than anything to get out of the hotel and onto the grass. being inside to practice kunlun seemed as silly to me as worshiping G*d in a church rather than giving thanks outside in the majesty he/she/it created :D

Alot of the description in the book of kunlun bliss sounded like how someone feels when they are on psychodelic mushrooms, anyone who has experienced both, is this accurate?

i've done shrooms many times (as well as ganja and mdma). every time i've done shrooms (except for the first time, which gave me a lot of dark visions and i learned to respect and honor those lovely little earthcaps since) has been very relaxing, but it's def not the same as kunlun b/c while i always felt the influence of the psychedelics and part of my brain was sober, so i had this dual vision of what was going on. with kunlun, there is no dual brain for me - it's being totally immersed in the moment and from what i saw at the seminar, there is a huge "divine entering you/you entering the divine" aspect going on, with the shaking and speaking in tongues and visions - like that happens when someone received the Holy Spirit. so, from what i've experienced, shrooms isn't quite the same (and not nearly as good of an experience) but it's a good reference point to try to describe it to someone.