31 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

In my (extensive!) experience, big gay discos are not often attended by nondualists or their detractors. 

That is because we sit in our parents basements, and live out our frustration on internet forums. 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, Forestgreen said:

That is because we sit in our parents basements, and live out our frustration on internet forums. 

:lol:

16 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Where can I sign up for this big gay disco? :-)

Wait! Hush! Is that Gloria Gaynor singing?  Just follow the sound!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Apech said:

Wait! Hush! Is that Gloria Gaynor singing?  Just follow the sound!

I Will Survive: the anthem of Taoist would-be immortals everywhere.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, liminal_luke said:

I Will Survive: the anthem of Taoist would-be immortals everywhere.

It all makes sense now.

• Haha 2

Kyoji has been suspended from the site for 1 week for offensive and disrespectful posting. Future infractions will result in a longer and possibly permanent ban.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, kyoji said:

yeah it was.... before everyone left because Sean showed up and turned this place into a big gay disco.

The owner you mean ? 

And what is wrong with a big gay disco ?

Take a break from the dance floor and go sit in a quiet corner   with a couple of others .... you might find the conversation sometimes interesting  ....... if you can 'bear' the gayness .

It seems you have trouble  'bearing ' the gayness  

image.png.6a705c81baa6aa9cd57e4022c321bac9.png

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

In my (extensive!) experience, big gay discos are not often attended by nondualists or their detractors.  I would love to go to a big gay disco with a Buddhist section, lots of sweaty queer mystics reclining on orange throw cushions, reciting mantras between sips of cheap well drinks and flirting in Pali.  

You should have taken Bhagwan 'Sanyas'  

• Like 1

Verbiage aside, the main function of most religions in most societies most of the time has been to dissuade people from challenging the dominant narrative of the moment, from asking sacrilegious (i.e. upsetting) questions and having unsanctioned opinions.  To wit, compliance enforcement toward  power/resources reallocation and/or preservation -- with a little help from indoctrination, crusades, witch hunts, excommunications, ostracisms, and other tried and true religious practices (as opposed to theories).

That's why they don't need us to be as traditionally religious today as they used to.  New times, new verbiage, new paragons of righteousness and new sinners, new virtues and transgressions, new commandments and sacraments, new beneficiaries and scapegoats...

...but all of it is so familiar I sometimes feel as though I've lived for thousands of years and haven't seen an iota of genuine change of the human condition.  New religions are called something else, as are new gods and new demons, and they do shuffle and change them much faster than they used to.  But there's never any shortage of worshippers of whatever they throw at us to see if it sticks.  It does.  And in case it doesn't, the Holy Inquisition is never idle.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

She and her never ending and always new song are not broken, harmed yes but not broken for her voice and song are far to deep for that...and echoed in many ways by many peoples on earth.

Edited by old3bob

On 5/23/2024 at 5:06 PM, steve said:

Kyoji has been suspended from the site for 1 week for offensive and disrespectful posting. Future infractions will result in a longer and possibly permanent ban.

Imagine me going into the LGBT thread and making some less than savory troon jokes? this is exactly what happened in this " Christianity thread" , but of course nobody in here is going to talk about christianity in good faith. 

hmm, i wonder why that is. 

On 5/23/2024 at 7:40 PM, Nungali said:

The owner you mean ? 

And what is wrong with a big gay disco ?

Take a break from the dance floor and go sit in a quiet corner   with a couple of others .... you might find the conversation sometimes interesting  ....... if you can 'bear' the gayness .

It seems you have trouble  'bearing ' the gayness  

image.png.6a705c81baa6aa9cd57e4022c321bac9.png

typical western brain rot psychoanalysis take.. " all homophobia is the return of the repressed" bull shit.  it's funny that you guys just hide behind your sarcasm , passive aggressive petty ressentiment, and suffer from the inexhaustible well spring of post modern irony ( hard for y'all to escape obviously, NGMI ) , and somehow think that is better than me making a troon joke....In a christian thread..... Sorry you should have been clear this is a protestant reformation universalist rainbow church christian thread i would have steered clear.

make fun of jesus in christian thread: heckin wholesome and hilarious!!!

make fun of troon in christian thread:  :@@ !!!!! :((((((( UR BANNED

Edited by kyoji

1 hour ago, kyoji said:

typical western brain rot psychoanalysis take.. " all homophobia is the return of the repressed" bull shit. 

Oh .... it was homophobia then    !     I couldn't be sure ;  I was just nudging you , to see if it was there .

;) 

🥱

Seems like nothing changed, same energy but different context lol. 

Hopefully it won't explore this time if I write something. 

Edited by Salvijus

3 hours ago, kyoji said:

but of course nobody in here is going to talk about christianity in good faith. 

That's how you can tell where people's values really are. 

Edited by Salvijus

On 2024-05-16 at 2:14 AM, Apech said:

Why is Christianity such a strange religion?  

When you are confronted by it there are several things you are expected to accept:

- there is a supreme being who created the universe

- this being impregnated a virgin 

- the child grew up to perform miracles and so on

- he was crucified, died and then rose from the dead

Believing in those things is not what makes someone a Christ tho. 

It is to follow The Way of Life and not the little ways of ego that makes one a Christian. 

It is to hold the torch of light and love in all circumstances that makes you a Christ. 

It is to be a demonstration that light and love cannot be crucified by any means. 

It is the way of letting your guard down and showing that the truth of who you are is invulnerable 

It is to lay down all judgements and see the innocence in all things. 

It is the way of receiving but not possessing. Giving, but not losing. 

It is the way of beholding everything and holding onto nothing. 

It is the way of giving up your will, to discover the the Will of Reality (love). 

It is the way of being true to yourself and what your heart wants, by choosing love over fear in all circumstances. 

It is the way of service. A fundamental principle that existence is based on. But service to truth not ego. 

It is the way of trust and allowence, rather than worry and control. 

It is the way of True Grandness but not grandiosity.   

And love says: “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to God (Reality) except through me.” 

Amen

Few lines from Tao Te Jing that sound like Christianity to me. 

"The way of the ocean is to be at the bottom (most humble or empty) that's why it is the greatest and all the rivers run to it . " Tao Te Jing. 

"The way of a sage is to rule by inspiration (love) , fear rules by force (ego) ." - Tao Te Jing 

"By not forcing, all things are accomplished" - Tao Te Jing. 

Edited by Salvijus
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Believing in those things is not what makes someone a Christ tho. 

It is to follow The Way of Life and not the little ways of ego that makes one a Christian. 

It is to hold the torch of light and love in all circumstances that makes you a Christ. 

"Makes someone a Christ"--"that makes you a Christ".

Makes it sound like you want to become a Christ, or that to become "a Christ" is a Christian goal. 

I thought there was only one Christ expected in the Old Testament, and that most Christians aver that Jesus was that one (or is that one).

In the Philippines, there are men who have themselves nailed to a cross, some have been nailed to a cross every year for many years.  I'm sure that's not what you meant, but it's unclear to me what you mean.

Perhaps there are redeeming characteristics of religions when practiced at the  individual level  but unfortunately when people collectively create religious organizational beliefs and structure  it at some point brings out the worst in us collectively. I used to think the Eastern religions were better than the Abrahamic religions in this regard but recent history in Asia has shown me that there may be something more systematic at work intrinsic to organized religion in general. Perhaps it’s nationalism disguised as religion(or vice versa), or maybe it’s more a fundamental flaw in us that gets magnified when we act collectively rationalizing self serving behaviors on beliefs beyond ourselves. 

sorry if I sound a bit negative but just read an article about the popes executioner that didn’t sit well with me.  

7 minutes ago, Mark Foote said:

Makes it sound like you want to become a Christ, or that to become "a Christ" is a Christian goal. 

I thought there was only one Christ expected in the Old Testament, and that most Christians aver that Jesus was that one (or is that one).

In the Philippines, there are men who have themselves nailed to a cross, some have been nailed to a cross every year for many years.  I'm sure that's not what you meant, but it's unclear to me what you mean.

My understanding is that the objective of the mystical arm of Catholicism, the Jesuits, at least is to go beyond belief or obedience and to become as Christ was. To embody his teachings as fully as possible in this life. I base this on teachings from an enlightened Jesuit master, Anthony Demello, one of my favorite spiritual voices.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Foote said:

Christ just means Love consciousness.

Like buddha nature. There is also Christ nature. 

Everyone can attain to Love consciousness same way everyone can attain to Buddha conciousness. 

There are two fundamental forces in existence. Masculine and feminine. Shiva Shakti. YinYang. Emptiness and Love. left brain-right brain hemisphere etc. 

The masculine expression of the Great Spirit is silence, emptiness, Renunciation, determination etc. 

The feminine expression of the Great Spirit is creativity, love, responsibility, art etc. 

Your identity can either go to zero, or it can go to infinity.

If your identity goes to zero, you take absolutely zero responsibility for anything (detachment) .

If your identity goes to infinity, you take the responsibility for everything. (compassion and love) 

That will determine if you're a Buddha or a Christ. Both these energies have a role to play in creation. 

Edited by Salvijus

6 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Like buddha nature. There is also Christ nature. 

Everyone can attain to Love consciousness same way everyone can attain to Buddha conciousness. 

There are two fundamental forces in existence. Masculine and feminine. Shiva Shakti. YinYang. Emptiness and Love. 

The masculine expression of the Great Spirit is silence, emptiness, renunciation, etc. 

The feminine expression of the Great Spirit is creativity, love, responsibility, art etc. 

Your identity can either go to zero, or it can go to infinity.

If your identity goes to zero, you take absolutely zero responsibility for anything (detachment) .

If your identity goes to infinity, you take the responsibility for everything. (compassion and love) 

That will determine if you're a Buddha or a Christ. Both these energies have a role to play in creation. 

By the time we got to Woodstock we were half a million strong…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Christ is the English translation of the Greek word Christos which is a translation from the Aramaic word for Messiah which means "anointed one" 

13 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Christ is the English translation of the Greek word Christos which is a translation from the Aramaic word for Messiah which means "anointed one" 

Anyone who opens their heart becomes blessed and anointed with God's power and love to serve and join the brotherhood of light. Becomes Christ. Becomes the extention of love conciousness. 

Edited by Salvijus

8 minutes ago, Apech said:

By the time we got to Woodstock we were half a million strong…

Sorry I didn't get that.