Sign in to follow this  
majoranxietycase

Newcomer from Sacramento

Hi all. I've seen several posts from this forum come up on google in the past, but they are always quite old posts. It's good to see that the forum is still up and running! I've joined because I have an interest in Qigong and meditation. There is a meditation practice I learned from the book "The Secret of the Golden Flower," which I found quite interesting but, after reading several cautions, I decided to hold off on practicing that any further until I have some experience working with energy. My immediate goal is to learn Tai Chi (hopefully I can find something in Sacramento, because I don't want to drive to the bay area for several years straight) and then I am interested in learning the Energy Arts system, including the meditation practice therein. Anyway that's all, and I hope to be able to interact with you all in the future.:)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Welcome, majoranxietycase!

-- from a Bum that grew up in Placerville

I was a rafting guide on the South Fork of the American River in the early 80’s for a year+.  First through the Davis campus, then weekend job through the summer.  SO much fun.  The BEST food, tritips every saturday night, fresh picked blackberries in morning pancakes … !  what an idyllic time…

• Like 2

6 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Welcome, majoranxietycase!

-- from a Bum that grew up in Placerville

Hi, thanks for the welcome! Small world.:)

• Like 2

On 4/4/2024 at 8:04 PM, majoranxietycase said:

Hi all. I've seen several posts from this forum come up on google in the past, but they are always quite old posts. It's good to see that the forum is still up and running! I've joined because I have an interest in Qigong and meditation. There is a meditation practice I learned from the book "The Secret of the Golden Flower," which I found quite interesting but, after reading several cautions, I decided to hold off on practicing that any further until I have some experience working with energy. My immediate goal is to learn Tai Chi (hopefully I can find something in Sacramento, because I don't want to drive to the bay area for several years straight) and then I am interested in learning the Energy Arts system, including the meditation practice therein. Anyway that's all, and I hope to be able to interact with you all in the future.:)

Welcome to the board.

Just out of curiosity: Aside from the state government, what other industries/employers are there in Sacramento?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EFreethought said:

Welcome to the board.

Just out of curiosity: Aside from the state government, what other industries/employers are there in Sacramento?

Hi, thanks! I have honestly no clue about that, sorry. I've always thought it was the same in any city and its outlying suburbs.

Sign in to follow this