papasaturn

Lower Dan Tian connected to childhood?

Assuming there is some connection due to the location of the umbilical cord and a recent experience I had the other night. I was laying in bed processing some feelings I hadn’t felt in a long time, meditating on them I found the source to be from some past trauma that I thought was from age 12 or so but after some time traced it to a bad experience when I was probably 3 years old.

It’s one of my earliest memories from maybe a handful of memories and it’s where a deep blockage in me was born. What’s interesting is I felt my body slip into a state that I can only assume is a physical memory before this last conscious memory where I felt like I was laying in a crib and my lower dan tian was very connected and rooted in my experience. Like my body was showing me a time before the trauma when I was unblocked, like I was reliving a partial experience of being an infant. 

I could feel an energetic cord connected from my lower dan tian to the earth, like roots. Like an energetic umbilical cord.

I had another experience a year ago doing Zhan Zhuang deep in a rainforest where I felt like I unblocked something deep in the belly that came with a lot of understanding of my early family life, it was probably one of the most significant experiences I’ve had practicing.

I want to learn more about this aspect because it seems so essential and connected to the element of water. Anyone have similar experiences or insights?

• Like 3

I vividly recall my LDT activating during a conversation at age 15 or so. (or perhaps reactivated?) 

Wang LiPing teaches that memories (of this life that are subliminal and of passed lives) abide in the xing heart-mind and arise from there as we do the work.  This is what I've found, though I'm working with him so perhaps this is derivative of the lineage and not every human.  More and more I come to sense what vast networks we are and my sense of ownership, even of my own seemingly personal experiences expand outward to encompass so much more than they used to...

My wife works from a completely different perspective but we have realized together that as the frame or foundation establishes itself no matter what manner of working one engages with, when the foundation becomes stable, then memories long buried will arise so that the next levels of work can begin.  The inner teacher Wang talks about arises and brings to the fore many aspects that lay beneath the threshold of awareness prior to engaging the work.

Cheers to all on their path!

• Like 4

as I've experienced it, a dantien alive and turning will clean up your channels and childhood things will be shaken out due to that.

to let go of

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

Very interesting, finally the one thing on Daobums that we all seem to agree on!

nah, the thread is still young, lots of chances to disagree in the future.

My teacher once told that in general the zong mai gets blocked around the ninth birthday

• Like 1

6 hours ago, silent thunder said:

I vividly recall my LDT activating during a conversation at age 15 or so. (or perhaps reactivated?) 

Wang LiPing teaches that memories (of this life that are subliminal and of passed lives) abide in the xing heart-mind and arise from there as we do the work.  This is what I've found, though I'm working with him so perhaps this is derivative of the lineage and not every human.  More and more I come to sense what vast networks we are and my sense of ownership, even of my own seemingly personal experiences expand outward to encompass so much more than they used to...

My wife works from a completely different perspective but we have realized together that as the frame or foundation establishes itself no matter what manner of working one engages with, when the foundation becomes stable, then memories long buried will arise so that the next levels of work can begin.  The inner teacher Wang talks about arises and brings to the fore many aspects that lay beneath the threshold of awareness prior to engaging the work.

Cheers to all on their path!

It’s interesting that you mention the subliminal memories that reside in the heart because that night I was focusing on what felt like a lot of turbid qi in my chest and middle back before I accessed the memories.

I feel like after it cleared that my memory went back as far as it could before I felt the bodily memory of laying in a crib, LDT full and heavy. I even got up out of bed after that and I somewhat felt like an infant that had just learned to walk. I naturally fell into a Zhan Zhuang position and the heaviness I felt in the lower stomach connected quickly to the legs and earth.

I do remember when first starting to practice I would observe the way toddlers would stand and notice how all their weight seemed to sink to their LDT and are pretty much practicing ZZ haha

You got me thinking now though about the heart and Xing. If it can ‘move’ from the heart into the LDT? I know the Ming is down there as well and there’s a Yin-Yang connection between the two. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

nice, never thought of that

yes, the shapes and masses of toddlers are very different from adults. The head is relatively big and heavy so they need to stand a bit different, a bit ZZ like. 

• Like 1

Yep. Watch a toddler try to walk. Looks like their center is at the Dan tian. Moves up to the chest in most people as they mature. 

I'm reminded that I used to watch a lot of The Emperor's Cup when we still had tv. 

Recall realizing and commenting to my gal how Sumo wrestlers walk much like Toddlers.

Return to the origins and all that comes to mind.

I sense that the foundational years of childhood from the womb up through age 7ish are paramount in the structure of our sense of reality innate sense of self and that escape velocity to alter or free one's awareness of those parameters is nigh on unattainable in most awarenesses.

• Like 1