Art is dead. 

The days of illuminating us on the struggles and turns of the mind as we engage in our journey as a society are gone.  All that the artists offer us now are stories of lust and villainy. We are sold to temptation of indulgence and crime, and the reward or folly of both. 

Man has lost its soul for community and compassion and mercy. We no longer care about other people's hardships and curing them 

Man now lives its Age of Entitlement where living high on low pleasures is the affordable and easy path to happiness. Virtue is dead, our conflicts are unjust retaliation of criminal governments, soldiers are no longer heroes. 

Our champions of athletics and science and culture aim for wealth and not honor.

• Thanks 1

Perhaps it is a trend in the mainstream .

If you are tired of shoot 'em up bang bang car chase shock horror fuck  ....  try some cinematic art from a newcomer in the field .

It won't catch on, of course  .....' they'   tagged it as a 'comedy '   - WTF ?

Tonga's first feature film ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YubsB8SzWjc

• Like 1

I was in London recently and visited the Tate Modern art museum.  My son ( age:15 ) and I spent a great deal of time browsing the surrealism exhibit and talking about their collection.  Some of it was awful, boring, silly, and some of it was magnificent.

Mid-way though the gallery, I was presented with a TV on a stand with a curious and engaging video.  In the middle of a rather drab grey field, a largish darker skinned man, was painting, literally painting, a smaller white male bright blue.  For some reason, I was drawn to this.  It was fun, so much fun, to watch the painter applying the paint to their subject.  It's difficult to describe how it made me feel.  It was odd.  It was strangely satisfying watching the details of the smaller, slight-of-frame, white male of undetermined age become swallowed up by nothing but bright blue. 

Most people took a brief glance at the screen and wandered on.  My son had no interest in it at all.  We had been having deep conversations about the other pieces.  This one did not encourage conversation.  It was a video.  There was nothing to do, but watch.  My son wanted to move on to the next room.  But I kept begging him to stay.  I said, "This is really great.  Look at how much fun he's having." as the painter covered more and more of his human subject with bright blue.  All over.  The subject was patient, stoic, tolerant.  The painter was happy, calm, industrious, but not in a rush.

Then, something wonderful happened.  The painter was over halfway through covering the young man with blue.  Then, he stops.  Smiles.  He's having an idea. :)  ... He takes the entire bucket, lifts it over the other young man's head, and happily pours it all over them.  It was splendid.  I loved it.  It was a such a surprise; I gasp, loudly; then start laughing.  I couldn't help it.  It was wonderful.  All the other patrons turned to look at the american who was making a ruckus in the art museum.  I excused myself.  Then wandered off to find my son and the rest of the family.

The concept was so simple, and comical, but, it was executed so well, so professionally.  It was certainly art.  Living art.  I'm not sure what the artist was intending to express to the audience.  There's many possibilities.  Or.  Perhaps it was just the feeling, the engagement that they anticipated from their audience.  Like a moth to the flame, I was drawn and transfixed, watching the coverage of thick opaque blue all over the slight human form.  Then, splash, all over them, spilling down.  So happy, so satisfying, so glorious.  And I'll never forget it.  Just as the artist intended.

https://www.tate.org.uk/art/artworks/ramirez-figueroa-blue-abstraction-l04369

Screenshot_20240113_182459.thumb.jpg.01a410ac1f506ab5d509f5fdba792033.jpg

Edited by Daniel
  • Thanks 1

On 12/01/2024 at 9:32 PM, Cadcam said:

Art is dead. 

The days of illuminating us on the struggles and turns of the mind as we engage in our journey as a society are gone.  All that the artists offer us now are stories of lust and villainy. We are sold to temptation of indulgence and crime, and the reward or folly of both. 

Man has lost its soul for community and compassion and mercy. We no longer care about other people's hardships and curing them 

Man now lives its Age of Entitlement where living high on low pleasures is the affordable and easy path to happiness. Virtue is dead, our conflicts are unjust retaliation of criminal governments, soldiers are no longer heroes. 

Our champions of athletics and science and culture aim for wealth and not honor.

Edited by Apotheose

It was indeed a moment of pessimism. 

I'm well aware that in our Age, all things are accessible in all forms, and that there are a variety of choices available. 

Still, we seem to be at the mercy of striving for the ideal of Beauty, and execute or ignore that which fails it, and I blame this on the liberation of Lust, which finds us glorifying the body and senses. This, in combination with an ideal of perfect Law, leaves us intolerant of Man's obvious shortcomings of education, wealth and intelligence. 

• Like 1

I just realized that the more one loves God and Life, the more trials they will face.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cadcam said:

Still, we seem to be at the mercy of striving for the ideal of Beauty, and execute or ignore that which fails it, and I blame this on the liberation of Lust, which finds us glorifying the body and senses. This, in combination with an ideal of perfect Law, leaves us intolerant of Man's obvious shortcomings of education, wealth and intelligence. 

I understand it perfectly. And I share an alike view of it.

Recently, I’ve come across a woman - in a social ambience - who is known to have violent behaviour towards other women (envy/jealousy probably, I don’t know). In a certain moment, I remember having strong fluxes of intuition as if she was evil. She wasn’t saying or acting anything violent, but her eyes “talked” in a devilish manner. Her Aura was really, really bad. I was definitely surprised about it.

But, as a follower of Christ, Compassion came for me, and I understood that all her hate/confusion was founded on insecurities. So I felt sorry for her, and immediately ‘Loved’ her.

People are so immerse in that with is not Salutary, and which is definitely far away from the Perfect Law, that they get nothing but it back in their lives. Life is incredible; all makes sense in the end of the day. And what seems “off” just Seems.

Possibly, people are yet to seek the Beauty because they learned not to seek it, and rather just seek money, power and pleasure. I wouldn’t attribute this phenomena as their fault, but rather as human helplessness, abandonment and destitution, as of a societal and parental nature.

Wonder why people get so ecstatic when they encounter someone who really follows the Perfect Law. It’s as if they encountered some extraterrestrial being. :D

Edited by Apotheose