Narayana

Location of the Lower Dantian

Hi Dear Bums,

My name is narayana I am new to this website.

I am interested in Taoist meditation. I want to practice Lower Dantian meditation.

What is location of Lower Dantian?

Waiting for your answers 🙏

9 minutes ago, Narayana said:

Hi Dear Bums,

I am interested in Taoist meditation. I want to practice Lower Dantian meditation.

Scroll up lol 

14 minutes ago, Narayana said:

Hi Dear Bums,

Lower abdomen, it’s not a tiny point so don’t worry about looking too hard for it. When you meditate, breathe deep into your lower abdomen and extend your stomach. Just focus on the area where you feel pressure when your stomach is extended.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Lower abdomen, it’s not a tiny point so don’t worry about looking too hard for it. When you meditate, breathe deep into your lower abdomen and extend your stomach. Just focus on the area where you feel pressure when your stomach is extended.

Thank you very much for your answer. Really helpful 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Narayana said:

What? 😅

There's literally a whole discussion thread about this topic that you clearly didn't read. Try reading the thread before you ask the same question everyone's been talking about already for quite a while.

• Thanks 1

This post might interest you: 

It started as the purpose of the dantian but lots of info including discussion on the location wrt different systems and practices of the LDT.   

TLDR for the link above: It's complicated and each system has a slightly different location description - probably best as a beginner to choose a system and use their definition of the LDT.  Once you feel it for yourself, it makes more sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My apologies, I was actually thinking of this link and got the posts confused, although that other link is interesting / related too

• Like 1