Gerard

2024 - Year of the Green Dragon

Posted (edited)

Well, another animal about to go and a totally different one is arriving on February 10.

Every year around the 4th of February when the annual Feng Shui energy is changing; the bells of the New Chinese Year are not far away. Not only do the annual 9 Flying Star change, but also the three gods (cosmic energy constellations) move to different compass directions influencing our lives.

I'll write a full report soon with some predictions.

2024-year-green-wood-dragon-with-festive

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/2/2024 at 10:34 AM, Gerard said:

I'll write a full report soon with some predictions.

Are you not the One whom they refer to as "the Global Predictor"?

Will Trump win the elections?

I want to know it now

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Antares said:

Will Trump win the elections?

I want to know it now

2024 -- Yang Wood in the Heavenly Stem, on top of Earth in the Earthly Branch.  This is a conquering/defeating relationship -- "Wood conquers Earth."  The two phases ("elements") are in the destructive cycle.  This means a year of more conflict and less harmony than one would wish for. 

Now the uncanny part is, both Trump and Biden have Earth in the Day-master pillar of their bazi charts, both in the stem and the branch!  So by the disposition of the heavenly-earthly qi, both are set up for defeat, though the kind of defeat it is may or may not entail winning or losing the presidency.  In this situation, a rather detailed analysis of the rest of the chart is needed in order to make a realistic prediction.  I would look into that if I saw the point...  But the completely identical Day-master pillars of the two candidates coupled with real-life observations tell me enough to not even bother.  Tell me once again that the Native American chief was right who said, "Right wing, left wing -- they are wings of the same bird."      

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

"Right wing, left wing -- they are wings of the same bird."   

It was irony on my part. I agree that both candidates will have problems, as well as the US in general. First of all, economic ones and a serious reform of the entire US structure is required, which will be associated with conflicts. The Dragon is the guardian of the East. The center of global governance will gradually shift to the East. And this year should be a turning point in this shift.

For Taomeow only:

Spoiler

I don't live in the USA. Zero interest in politics and my prediction is global. Will post it soon!

This is a dragon that conceals water even though is an Earth animal (balance)  with a strong affinity to Wood (change, movement).

13 hours ago, Gerard said:

Zero interest in politics

Politics affects the life of each of us in one way or another. Even if you live in Europe, or somewhere else, the upcoming events will be related to big changes in society there as well. It still matters who and how manages the processes in this world.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

For those of you who are familiar with Feng Shui, 2024 is not only the Year of the Green Dragon but also the start of period 9 of the Flying Stars. So far we have:

Period 1 –  February 4 1864 –February 3 1884

Period 2 - February 4 1884 – February 3 1904

Period 3 – February 4 1904 – February 3 1924

Period 4 – February 4 1924 – February 3 1944

Period 5 – February 4 1944 – February 3 1964

Period 6 – February 4 1964 – February 3 1984

Period 7 – February 4 1984 – February 3 2004

Period 8 – February 4 2004 – February 3 2024

Period 9 – February 4 2024 – February 3 2044

Period 10 – February 4 2044 – February 3 2064

When period 9 begins, the number 9 Flying star will become the prominent and most auspicious Flying star for the next 20 years; in period 8, the number 8 star was the most auspicious and so on.

Period 9 Feng Shui will belong to the Li Kua  (Fire element) and in period 9, we can expect a lot of prosperity and progress for females; especially the middle daughter of a family.

From Chinese Five Element Stem-Branch calendar, the name of 2024 Chinese Zodiac Year is Jia Chen.
Jia is Male Wood and Chen is Dragon. The zodiac name of 2024 is Yang Wood Dragon. Yin is female and Yang is male. The color of Wood is Green.

Therefore, 2024 is the Male Green Wood Dragon year.

Before predicting your fortune regarding to your money, career, marriage or health in 2024, you have to know which element you are and what is your "lucky" element is from your Astrology Birth Chart. The "lucky element" is the major factor to determine people's fortune.

Those whose lucky element is Wood, 2024 will bring luck to your life:

https://www.mastertsai.com/ChineseAstrology/Chineseastrology.htm

The Year of the Dragon, 2024, in the Hsia calendar, is symbolised by two Chinese characters with Yang Wood sitting on top of Dragon which is ruled by the Earth element.  So it is a Wood year on Heavenly Stem conquering Earth in Earthly branch. According to the cycle of creation and destruction, which governs the relationship between the Five Elements, if the two elements are in the destructive cycle and have conquering relationship, then the year will have more conflict and less harmony.   

As Dragon is a symbol of strong Earth, earth disasters such as earthquake, landslide, avalanche, collapse of buildings will also occur since the Wood is piercing the Earth (conflict relationship between Wood-Earth Elements).

Inside the 2024 Dragon, there is Earth, Water, and Wood but no Fire, which is the driving force behind economic activities. Fire is also the symbol of happiness and positive energy in the Five Element Theory. Fire  is necessary to stimulate optimism and confidence.  When it is totally absent, there will be less incentive and less drive for investment activities; this may lead to pessimism in the economy and set back in the stock market.

From the evolution of the Year of the Dragon in 2024, there will be more earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, floods, and wars in 2026 (Fire Horse) and 2027 (Fire Goat/Sheep) years.

Compatible Chinese Animals Sign in 2024:  Rat, Monkey and Rooster.

Incompatible Chinese animals in 2024:
Dog.

Good Travel Directions in 2024: north, east and south.

Lucky colours for 2024: gold, silver, copper, grey and bronze.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I forgot to mention the Tai Shui.

In Chinese Astrology, there are 60 heavenly generals who take turns to govern the energies of the earth, each serving a year. These generals are collectively known as Tai Sui or Grand Duke Jupiter . Every year, people born in certain zodiac signs are said to be in conflict or offend the Tai Sui of that year. When one is in clash with the Tai Sui, they are advised to take precautions to avoid misfortune, by attending Tai Sui appeasement ceremonies or wearing protective amulets.

In 2024 these animals are the Dog, Dragon, Ox and Rabbit.

Generally, the year of Fan Tai Sui (clash Tai Sui) means setbacks, such as unstable luck for career and wealth, obstacles or troubles in marriage, health issues, and even disasters. If you are in conflict with the Tai Sui, you should be extremely careful in the year, during which you will be prone to disputes and conflicts, and cast down by setbacks.

The best thing to do is pay attention to personal health and safety and avoid dangerous activities.

Maintaining positive energy, practice daily meditation, mindfulness activities and engaging in acts of kindness can help mitigate the adverse effects of Fan Tai Sui. Spreading positivity will counterbalance any misfortune that may come due to conflicting energies.

Incorporating remedies, amulets, and cures into your daily routine. Whether it's wearing a protective charm or performing rituals to appease Tai Sui.

Amulets like the Tibetan red string bracelet, the Chinese Pixiu bracelet and the Pi Yao are powerful talismans to appease the Tai Shui. Wearing a Rooster amulet this year is another powerful talisman since this animal is the Dragon's best friend.

Alternatively you can carry a Tai Sui card or amulet with you, or you can hang a Tai Sui plaque or painting in your home and office.

Don’t face or sit directly opposite to the direction of Tai Sui, which is SE in 2024. This is considered disrespectful and may provoke its wrath.

Don’t renovate or dig in the direction of Tai Sui, which may disturb its energy and cause misfortune.

Don’t argue or fight with others, especially those who are under the influence of Tai Sui (Dog, Dragon, Ox & Rabbit). This may trigger more conflicts and troubles.

2024 Animals offending the Tai Shui:

https://www.yourchineseastrology.com/zodiac/fan-tai-sui/2024.htm

Edited by Gerard

Posted (edited)

Oh wow! We're back in my birth year (I was born in the year of the golden dragon, I am not familiar with the distinction between the different types though) ngl I'm psyched. I wouldn't call it inaccurate to say that my progress with Golden Flower has become exponentially greater since the start of the new year but overall I've improved a lot in the last couple of months honestly.

(I should really emphasize that I have 0 familiarity with the zodiac, is it at all beneficial for a person to be in the year of the animal they were born in?)

Edited by zoe

3 hours ago, zoe said:

is it at all beneficial for a person to be in the year of the animal they were born in?)

Depends on the animal.  In many cases two of the same kind don't get along when they meet, the Dragon being one such animal -- he (and this year's Dragon is a he -- yang) might compete and even fight with one's own Dragon of the year, month, day, and/or hour of birth.  But that's just one aspect, and it doesn't by itself mean any major adversities unless there's other adverse factors within the year that chime in.  However, some feng shui practitioners advise wearing a protective talisman -- in this case, a Rooster is supposed to work.  The image has to be 3D, a small pendant in the shape of a Rooster.  That's because Dragon and Rooster are friends and when he sees a Rooster, this might distract him from fighting with the other Dragon and soften his disposition.  

(In feng shui, Rooster is thought of as a bird closer to the Phoenix in its nature than to the domestic chicken, and the Dragon-Phoenix combo is a taoist alchemical classic.)  

• Like 2

The Chinese Zodiac is one aspect of Chinese Cosmology, in particular an expression of the 12 Earthly Branches.

The Wu Xing (Five Forces or energetic transformations of the yin-Yang) is the underlying concept. 

It all started in a key date (1953 B.C) which was finally discovered by the NASA not that long ago (1993). On that remarkable date, the sun, moon and five planets (Jupiter-Wood, Mars-Fire, Saturn-Earth, Venus-Metal and Mercury-Water) all lined up in the sky at dawn. It must have been an amazing phenomenon and one I'd love to have witnessed.

Astronomers Solve Ancient Mystery of the Chinese Calendar

Edited by Gerard
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gerard said:

It all started in a key date (1953 B.C) 

Astronomers Solve Ancient Mystery of the Chinese Calendar

Thanks for the link, interesting article.  The exact  date they pinpointed -- March 5, 1953 B.C. -- looked somehow familiar...  then I realized that March 5, 1953 A.D. was the day Joseph Stalin died. 

For those who know what his immediate plans were which got cancelled as the result, the repercussions were staggering.  This one death saved millions of lives.

4 hours ago, Taomeow said:

For those who know what his immediate plans were

What were his plans? Don't forget to mention what plans global "elite" had against eastern regions and their plans got cancelled as the result of Stalin' counter measures

Not a problem Taomeow. Interesting how nearly 4,000 years later at exactly the same date something like that occurred. I wonder what the Chinese ephemeris were on the 05/03/53. 

Edited by Gerard

2 hours ago, Antares said:

What were his plans? Don't forget to mention what plans global "elite" had against eastern regions and their plans got cancelled as the result of Stalin' counter measures

Not going there in this thread. :ph34r:

On 1/8/2024 at 8:28 PM, Taomeow said:

Depends on the animal.  In many cases two of the same kind don't get along when they meet, 

:mellow: damn that sucks but oh well, better to know. I'll consider the charms though, love me some little trinkets.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 8:28 PM, Taomeow said:

Depends on the animal.  In many cases two of the same kind don't get along when they meet, the Dragon being one such animal -- he (and this year's Dragon is a he -- yang) might compete and even fight with one's own Dragon of the year, month, day, and/or hour of birth.  But that's just one aspect, and it doesn't by itself mean any major adversities unless there's other adverse factors within the year that chime in.  However, some feng shui practitioners advise wearing a protective talisman -- in this case, a Rooster is supposed to work.  The image has to be 3D, a small pendant in the shape of a Rooster.  That's because Dragon and Rooster are friends and when he sees a Rooster, this might distract him from fighting with the other Dragon and soften his disposition.  

(In feng shui, Rooster is thought of as a bird closer to the Phoenix in its nature than to the domestic chicken, and the Dragon-Phoenix combo is a taoist alchemical classic.)  

I was born in the year of the water rooster, does this mean anything for me? I also was born on a wood dog day so there appears to be a clash. Wondering if wearing a rooster talisman would do me any good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, papasaturn said:

I was born in the year of the water rooster, does this mean anything for me? I also was born on a wood dog day so there appears to be a clash. Wondering if wearing a rooster talisman would do me any good.

For Roosters, it's supposed to be a fairly auspicious year.  Dog, however, is in a clash against Taisui (Grand Duke Jupiter) this time around.  I would use a couple of piyao (aka pixiu) figurines facing Taisui rather than a rooster talisman in this case.  In 2024 he's in the southeast.  Please note that while piyao, who are his pets, are welcome to face him and may placate his temper, you aren't, so don't sit facing this direction, at least for prolonged times.        

• Thanks 1

A very helpful analysis of 2024:

The three major Feng Shui afflictions:

Tai Sui (The Grand Duke of Jupiter)

Sui Po (The Year Breaker)

San Sha (The Three Killings)

To minimise bad luck for those offending animals in 2024, Dragon and Dog:

https://picturehealer.com/blog/2024-tai-sui-the-yearly-god-sui-po-the-year-breaker-and-san-sha-3-killings-afflictions

Hope this helps.

Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore collapses after being struck by cargo ship; 6 people still missing

Water Rabbit is very active as the Qi is departing the forces involved (Yon Wood force down and Water force is in gathering mode, reservoir, lake, etc.) and maybe conflicting with the waiting to be fully activated Wood Dragon (Earth & Yang Wood). 

Ship hits bridge (Wood Dragon rising force) and collapses (pulling down force of Water Rabbit).

Also take into account direction of ship travel and location of the bridge which are a result of imbalance in the 5 Elements/Forces in that particular location. Anyone familiar with that location? 

On 3/26/2024 at 2:53 AM, Gerard said:

A very helpful analysis of 2024:

The three major Feng Shui afflictions:

Tai Sui (The Grand Duke of Jupiter)

Sui Po (The Year Breaker)

San Sha (The Three Killings)

To minimise bad luck for those offending animals in 2024, Dragon and Dog:

https://picturehealer.com/blog/2024-tai-sui-the-yearly-god-sui-po-the-year-breaker-and-san-sha-3-killings-afflictions

Hope this helps.

Since one of the San Sha is the horse does that indicate anything for someone with a horse pillar in their bazi chart (I was born during a horse month)?

5 hours ago, papasaturn said:

Since one of the San Sha is the horse does that indicate anything for someone with a horse pillar in their bazi chart (I was born during a horse month)?

San Sha is one of the Flying Stars in feng shui, an inauspicious one.  Every year it moves to a different position, affecting a different sector of the bagua.  In 2024 it is in the South, so it indicates the location of the adverse energy it emits.  This affects the southern part of one's home (as well as office, city, state, country, planet), and produces inauspicious energy there. 

If it's a much-used area of the house, consider moving activities that take place there to a different location if possible.  In many cases it's not possible (e.g. if your entrance door faces South), so the rules are similar to those for avoiding "aggravating the Tai Sui" -- minimize noise, try not to do any hammering or digging or any kind of noisy renovations, don't play loud music, don't shine bright lights there, etc..  Keep that part quiet and inactive if possible. 

Some feng shui folks advise keeping a "cure" in that location for the duration of the year, some go with protective talismans, some, with rituals performed on certain days.  But most ordinary people just keep their fingers crossed. :) 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2024 at 7:12 AM, Gerard said:

From the evolution of the Year of the Dragon in 2024, there will be more earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, floods, and wars in 2026 (Fire Horse) and 2027 (Fire Goat/Sheep) years.

There you go:

Taiwan's strongest earthquake in 25 years kills nine, tsunami warnings lifted

Japan lifted the tsunami alert following the quake:

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2024/04/03/japan/okinawa-tsunami-warning/

Yet more to come. This is only the beginning of a string of similar events.