Sign in to follow this  
Sleepy Bluejay

I finally understood the source of my anger and frustration toward Taoist and Taoism

I have finally understood why I was angry and frustrated of Taoists denying my ideas and made-up technique.
I failed to understand what we search for was different and our understanding of Internal Alchemy was never really the same.

Classic Taoism & Internal Alchemy

Classic Taoists are just fans of the Tao Te Ching, like old Chinese philosophy/poems and maybe even have a bit of religious believe in talismans and shamanism.

Classic Internal Alchemists, however, believes in meditation where one think of deep, sometimes dark, things to overcome their traumas and inner demons. Their version of "spiritual" is psychological rather than supernatural. They use Qigong in hope of, not immortality or true longevity like living for 1000 of years, but to heal their mortal body and mind.

I, however, was searching for the Xian immortal version of Internal Alchemy. To live for as long and how young I want, to become strong enough to split mountains and seas, like in the Xianxia novels. Before you say that was childish, yes it was, however, in my defends I do have and am diagnosed with atypical autism so I have all the right to be a bit childish and dream about the impossible. Also that buzzing feeling that keep take the shapes of the meridians on the acupuncture maps did make me believe of was right and you were wrong, blinding me with arrogance.

I'm sorry for my outbursts and being mean.
Totally not because my mom forced me as punishment for my arrogance...

Joke aside.

I will still leave this community because this community doesn't support my search of the Xian immortal art or whether it is real or not. Thank you for the experience of understanding arrogance.

P.s. please delete my account as I will not be back.

P.s.s. My Yin Yang Lotus technique wouldn't have caused Qi deviations since it focuses on moving/generating that (physical) buzzing feeling (not emotionally) rather than your inner thoughts and demons like classic meditation does.

Bye.

• Haha 1

The Buddha said the ultimate problem is delusion and that the solution is to see through delusion. 😌

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

P.s.s. My Yin Yang Lotus technique wouldn't have caused Qi deviations since it focuses on moving/generating that (physical) buzzing feeling (not emotionally) rather than your inner thoughts and demons like classic meditation does.

It still can cause qi deviations but good luck on your journey

also: Merry Christmas!

Edited by Pak_Satrio
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sleepy Bluejay said:

I have finally understood why I was angry and frustrated of Taoists denying my ideas and made-up technique.
I failed to understand what we search for was different and our understanding of Internal Alchemy was never really the same.

Classic Taoists are just fans of the Tao Te Ching, like old Chinese philosophy/poems and maybe even have a bit of religious believe in talismans and shamanism.

Classic Internal Alchemists, however, believes in meditation where one think of deep, sometimes dark, things to overcome their traumas and inner demons. Their version of "spiritual" is psychological rather than supernatural. They use Qigong in hope of, not immortality or true longevity like living for 1000 of years, but to heal their mortal body and mind.

I, however, was searching for the Xian immortal version of Internal Alchemy. To live for as long and how young I want, to become strong enough to split mountains and seas, like in the Xianxia novels. Before you say that was childish, yes it was, however, in my defends I do have and am diagnosed with atypical autism so I have all the right to be a bit childish and dream about the impossible. Also that buzzing feeling that keep take the shapes of the meridians on the acupuncture maps did make me believe of was right and you were wrong, blinding me with arrogance.

Joke aside.

I will still leave this community because this community doesn't support my search of the Xian immortal art or whether it is real or not. Thank you for the experience of understanding arrogance.

Bye.

Yes, each path up the mountain has its pros and cons.

The con of Xian path is the immortality.

Focus is on immortality rather than freedom from delusion, so the mindset is just different amongst practitioners.

If you find earth immortal, you may be disappointed to find they are still stuck in delusion. It is only at the very peak of the Daoist path of becoming Xian that one becomes free from all delusion.

These people can be counted on one hand.

Also, you will never find the immortality of the fictional novels as it is fictionalized. The true path of Xian eliminates all vice from the mind until you’re left with pure Yang Infinite light. So, splitting mountains and battling monsters is just not aligned with reality.

If you practice or seek with the motivation to be forever young and be able to split mountains and fly in the skies, you will never find the path or make it to the top. This is because it is a motivation stuck in delusion.

Edited by ChimpSage
  • Like 4

On 25-12-2023 at 8:50 AM, Sleepy Bluejay said:

Joke aside.

Bye.

Very few people seek immortality in Taoism

The majority seek to make their personal lives and achieve economic achievements, including building families and satisfying their multiple desires.

And many people are just looking for food and also to survive deterioration and illness.

Desire and the subsequent search for satisfaction always brings suffering and disappointment.

The long-suffering human path finally leads to the experiential understanding of Buddha Dharma.

I hope your understanding flourishes above all human illusion.

4 minutes ago, Eduardo said:

Very few people seek immortality in Taoism

The majority seek to make their personal lives and achieve economic achievements, including building families and satisfying their multiple desires.

And many people are just looking for food and also to survive deterioration and illness.

Desire and the subsequent search for satisfaction always brings suffering and disappointment.

The long-suffering human path finally leads to the experiential understanding of Buddha Dharma.

I hope your understanding flourishes above all human illusion.

I mean I suppose it depends on your definition of Daoism.

To me, it is not Daoism if it is not about immortality or freedom from samsara. 

That would just be using the philosophical principles of Dao to improve your life.

A basic understanding of Dao along with correct diet according to TCM and living in harmony with nature wouldn’t be considered Daoism to me. That’s just the standard way of living of humans

Edited by ChimpSage

20 minutes ago, ChimpSage said:

That would just be using the philosophical principles of Dao to improve your life.

A basic understanding of Dao along with correct diet according to TCM and living in harmony with nature wouldn’t be considered Daoism to me. That’s just the standard way of living of humans

I cannot give you a categorical answer because I do not have access to all of your personal beliefs regarding what taoism is or is not.

I can only tell you that it is very easy to pretend to understand with certainty immortality in Taoism, and the exit from Samsara, right off the bat, keeping in mind that illness, old age and death are the vital imponderables that we must experience and which not even Gautama Buddha could transcend despite his enlightenment

It is very easy to fall into self-deception regarding our own worth, which is nothing more than another form of egoistic illusion that is another shackle in the mind that binds to samsara.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ChimpSage said:

Forgive my ignorance as I don't really understand a lot about Daoism, but is escaping Samsara part of it?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Forgive my ignorance as I don't really understand a lot about Daoism, but is escaping Samsara part of it?

For sure. Nothing to forgive. Ignorance is normal.

Yes, we escape samsara but we are able to enter and exit every realm at will. 

The goal is not to escape.

The goal is to spread infinite light.

This is Spiritual Immortal level. Shen Xian

19 minutes ago, Eduardo said:

I cannot give you a categorical answer because I do not have access to all of your personal beliefs regarding what taoism is or is not.

I can only tell you that it is very easy to pretend to understand with certainty immortality in Taoism, and the exit from Samsara, right off the bat, keeping in mind that illness, old age and death are the vital imponderables that we must experience and which not even Gautama Buddha could transcend despite his enlightenment

It is very easy to fall into self-deception regarding our own worth, which is nothing more than another form of egoistic illusion that is another shackle in the mind that binds to samsara.

How do you know that Buddha did not transcend death?

One’s body can ‘die’ while one’s spirit lives on eternally

Rainbow body

I would define Daoism as the path towards embodying divinity and becoming infinite light and virtue.

If it’s not aimed at the very end goal of this, it’s not Daoism but a cheap imitation of it.

So, in this view, the Buddha was a Daoist even though he wasn’t labeled as such.

Now, different traditions all have their differences in technique and method.

Daoist tradition focuses far more on longevity and elixir which has its pros and cons.

Easy to get stuck at this level.

Edited by ChimpSage
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ChimpSage said:

How do you know that Buddha did not transcend death?

One’s body can ‘die’ while one’s spirit lives on eternally

Rainbow body

I would define Daoism as the path towards embodying divinity and becoming infinite light and virtue.

If it’s not aimed at the very end goal of this, it’s not Daoism but a cheap imitation of it.

So, in this view, the Buddha was a Daoist even though he wasn’t labeled as such.

Now, different traditions all have their differences in technique and method.

Daoist tradition focuses far more on longevity and elixir which has its pros and cons.

Easy to get stuck at this level.

You have a mental salad of concepts and I don't have the time or the desire to try to clarify these entanglements.

I can only tell you that the technique of creating the rainbow body is an esoteric technique and related to Tibetan Buddhism and Bön, that is, hundreds of years after the parinirvana of Gautama Buddha.

Buddha did not seek a Taoist-style form of inmortality or a rainbow body, human or celestial immortality since it is not the goal of the noble eightfold path that leads to nirvana.

Nirvana is existence outside of Samsara and therefore implies an irrevocable disconnection from the phenomenal planes of existence.

I also tell you that the Buddha suffered from illnesses and there is talk of a doctor of that time Jivaka Kumar Bhaccha, however in the Pali Canon it is noted that Buddha Gautama died from eating bad food that was donated to him by a blacksmith.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eduardo said:

You have a mental salad of concepts and I don't have the time or the desire to try to clarify these entanglements.

I can only tell you that the technique of creating the rainbow body is an esoteric technique and related to Tibetan Buddhism and Bön, that is, hundreds of years after the parinirvana of Gautama Buddha.

Buddha did not seek a Taoist-style form of inmortality or a rainbow body, human or celestial immortality since it is not the goal of the noble eightfold path that leads to nirvana.

Nirvana is existence outside of Samsara and therefore implies an irrevocable disconnection from the phenomenal planes of existence.

I also tell you that the Buddha suffered from illnesses and there is talk of a doctor of that time Jivaka Kumar Bhaccha, however in the Pali Canon it is noted that Buddha Gautama died from eating bad food that was donated to him by a blacksmith.

Are you confident that your definition of Nirvana is different than getting to the Immortal realms/Heavenly realms?

In my understanding, the heavenly realms can only be accessed when you fully escape samsara. So, you would no longer be required to be reborn. But, you could still enter any realm.

Why would you seek cessation over infinite spreading of light?

In my view, there is no higher path than the infinite spreading of light. So I’m curious what your view is.

You are just giving me timelines that could very well be false.

In my view, rainbow body existed far before the one known as Buddha.

In the vast cosmos, how could you possibly think rainbow body didn’t exist until a human on earth achieved it?

When I read your message, all I get it is a tone of arrogance, a ton of delusion, along with a closed mind.

You have far to go :)

Maybe try explaining to me why you believe Buddha sought cessation and what you believe the ultimate goal of the eightfold path is.

Is it different than the end goal of the Daoist practices?

How so? What is nirvana? What does escape from samsara signify? Answer these and maybe I can give you some guidance :) 

Edited by ChimpSage
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this