Cobie

grave disappointments

On 16/09/2023 at 10:31 PM, Daniel said:

https://suvacobhikkhu.wordpress.com/2017/05/07/the-mass-suicide-of-monks-in-discourse-and-vinaya-literature-by-venerable-analayo/

"...The narrative concerns a mass suicide by monks disgusted with their own bodies, which reportedly happened after the Buddha had praised seeing the body as bereft of beauty..."

B: let’s tell them to meditate on how ugly their bodies are. 

result: some 100 dead people. 

B: okidoki no worries, let’s now do another experiment. Yippee, such fun.

I would have thought a more natural response of the Buddha would have been to stop talking in public. 

Edited by Cobie

9 hours ago, Cobie said:

Maybe they know something you don’t know.  :)

I 100% absolutely hope people know something I don't.

It would save me the trouble of trying to warn them about every choice they made over the past 20+ years.

Which contributed to our current state of high inflation, general discontent and economic decline.

If I was smarter perhaps I would have invested my time and energy in other things.

Edited by Sanity Check

On 12/11/2023 at 5:56 AM, Cobie said:

A thread to post various things that were a grave disappointment to you. 

Thomas Edison's  ?    I would have thought he deserved something more prominent

image.png.03796b59dc588ba8e54154268e21e3e9.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Cobie said:

@thelerner super annoying.  :lol: I bet they said it was ‘for your own good’, like eating sprouts. :P

I like brussel sprouts.  They may be bitter but they've tried to blackmail me.   

To be honest I had a greater supply of meds than I let on.  I thought when I pulled the 'almost out' card they'd let me buy the medicine I needed to live, that they'd show mercy to my lying :P self.  I was wrong  :o

Lesson learned- My survival means nothing to them, follows the rules, make the yearly appointment or die.  I continue to exist thanks to their cold soulless mercy.