sifu wolf

The Taoist Mystic

This is a very brief description of the method of undoing the debilitating human condition of being habitually fixated on the contents of ones own mind and returning to the very essence of all that there is. The Tao. Of course the tao is all that there is and contains the so called cosmos, but that is a much larger topic. Although a very easy one unless you are totally self centered. Now that brings us to the main point of this article. When you were born you were fundamentally a state of the art, pristine clean blob of mind in a skin bag , not a thought in sight, and you pretty much remained that way for the first year, enlightened. Didn't an arab once say " come to me with the mind of babes if you would enter the kingdom of heaven "?. Anyway, about a year later people, radio, tv etc start to fill that serene mind with labels, opinions and judgments which, over around a decade becomes a " self " . That part of you that was born is you, life. That part that is forced into you a year later is the self, if you take a thought from that self and break it open you will see that it is empty. It dosnt even know you are in there looking at it and yet you let each dead thought dictate every second of your lives. your eyes dont see as well as before, your ears dont hear as well, but the awareness of those things has not changed one jot since you were born. If you negate everything that you are aware of, INCLUDING, thoughts and emotions until you arrive at awareness you have arrived at that which was born. The divine you. The Eternal you as it is not of matter The you that is the the born tao, we call the HOST. The filthy program that enslaved the skin bag and is busy killing it with selfishness is called the GUEST. If you are watching your thoughts you are enlightened. If you are thinking and mindlessly acting or grunting in response to that thought you are a pleb. So, we have a case of use it or lose it. If you start watching you are effectively exercising that part of you that is not physical, if your only reason for getting up is for the I, ME, MY,MINE etc you are a puppet to an illusionary self, a self that will do nothing but chase want and self significance, an enemy to oneness. The true taoist mystic returns to the one and all that it contains. Weather you are a god or a sun or a whale or an alien on another planet, you are of two things only, a universal animating force (yang) and matter (yin) there is nothing that is not of this. The method of tao wu shin is to wake up each morning as an empty glove and let life put you on. It dosnt take long to regain faith in reality .You know when your not thinking , so knowing has nothing to do with knowledge. wolf, Tao Wu Shin Temple.

• Like 1

Yes that was nicely put although I would argue that force and matter are only apparent. I also think that the ego, or Guest as you call it, does have a purpose perhaps as a kind of garment. Discarding the garment/s of ego reminds me of the ongoing debate of Buddha's Vs Bodhisattva's. Figure I fall into the Bodhisattva camp myself.

Hmm one of my fav subjects is Echo and Narcissus although the general version is a bastardisation of the true story.

Cool post. Could you divide it up into paragraphs though for easier reading? Thanks.

Sorry for the lack of paragraphs and no doubt other literary screw ups, but things should improve. Wolf.

Sorry for the lack of paragraphs and no doubt other literary screw ups, but things should improve. Wolf.

Are you a forum virgin? Is this your first forum? :lol:

Of course the tao is all that there is and contains the so called cosmos, but that is a much larger topic. Although a very easy one unless you are totally self centered.

I guess Lao Tzu must feel pretty silly right about now, considering he wrote things along the

lines of "The tao that can be spoken of is not the eternal tao.", and the like; when, as you

have pointed out here, it's really a very easy topic to talk about it. I find the whole topic

quite abstruse and incomprehensible myself, but I see now the problem is that I am just totally

self centered. Roll over Lao tzu, and let's rock this joint tonight. :P

I guess Lao Tzu must feel pretty silly right about now, considering he wrote things along the

lines of "The tao that can be spoken of is not the eternal tao.", and the like; when, as you

have pointed out here, it's really a very easy topic to talk about it. I find the whole topic

quite abstruse and incomprehensible myself, but I see now the problem is that I am just totally

Perhaps the Old Master was pointing to a different facet of the truth: that our symbols and words are not the thing itself. We can speak of it, but the speaking is not the thing.

However, this does not prevent Lao tzu from writing 5,000 characters about the Tao. You can be one with it now, and thus know it in the sense of being, rather than the words. Fingers pointing to the moon. So strange how the cliches are no longer just meaningless words once you have tasted the nectar for yourself. Empty, empty, full, full.

post-5059-1211355860_thumb.jpg

Edited by nightwatchdog

Perhaps the Old Master was pointing to a different facet of the truth: that our symbols and words are not the thing itself. We can speak of it, but the speaking is not the thing.

Or, perhaps, he meant exactly what he wrote, that the tao that can be spoken of is not the eternal tao. ;)

You may need to check your eye sight. Nowhere in the article does it say anything is easy to talk about. Also the article isnt about the tao in general, its about a practice. A button has obviously been pushed in that self." Into a soul completely free of thought and emotion not even the tiger finds room to sink its fierce claws." Lao Tzu. To quote a friend on this site. " Thanks for playing"

Are you a forum virgin? Is this your first forum? :lol:

Hello Darin. yes. first forum. first computer. Wouldnt have a bloody clue. But having a ball. You seem to have been around the block a few times. Why do you ask?

You may need to check your eye sight. Nowhere in the article does it say anything is easy to talk about.

Actually, assuming a person were concerned at all with facts, yes you did:

"Of course the tao is all that there is and contains the so called cosmos, but that is a much larger topic. Although a very easy one unless you are totally self centered."

Not a problem. As you were.

I was only asking how new you were since I only started with forums a few years back and every other post I made someone was telling me to write differently. No all caps, dont sound preachy, use punctuation, break up what you write into small paragraphs, make sure your font color doesnt clash or disappear into the background color....... (Now I am one of the forum nazis!)

Edit: Oh yeah, and when you go back and edit a post you're supposed to make a note why you did it like this.

Edited by DarinHamel

Guest and host. A matter of experince and practice in the art of taoist culitvation, rather than frontal lobe disfuction. The reality is there and those of seem to have miss it. A fact is a fact weather you like to belive it or not.

Actually, assuming a person were concerned at all with facts, yes you did:

"Of course the tao is all that there is and contains the so called cosmos, but that is a much larger topic. Although a very easy one unless you are totally self centered."

Not a problem. As you were.

Actually. thats still wrong. What was written was " that a certain TOPIC is easier to convey than others. No one mentioned speaking of the tao. QUOTE: The tao is all that there is." What could be easier than that? Sifu Wolf

I was only asking how new you were since I only started with forums a few years back and every other post I made someone was telling me to write differently. No all caps, dont sound preachy, use punctuation, break up what you write into small paragraphs, make sure your font color doesnt clash or disappear into the background color....... (Now I am one of the forum nazis!)

Edit: Oh yeah, and when you go back and edit a post you're supposed to make a note why you did it like this.

Hey Darin. Forum nazi ey. No probs. If you need to get it out , may as well lay it on a monk. Its part of the job discription. lol. Take care Darin. Wolf

:D

Lao tzu

am sure he was a silly fellow

a wise guy

:rolleyes:

thanks

Hey shon. Love the new avatar. Nice to see you. AND its refreshing to know that silly is still appreciated. Thank you. Take care. Wolf

Hey shon. Love the new avatar. Nice to see you. AND its refreshing to know that silly is still appreciated. Thank you. Take care. Wolf

Hey Wolf!

... might keep me out of trouble ?

Like to laugh, makes breathing easier!

How often folks get stuck

in the formality of fake/dead/empty rituals.

Void of feeling or emotion.

Empty of any connection to life?

Get them laughing and their eyes start to spark!

Glimmer and shine!

This earth has enough Zombies!

Weather monks or maidens,

It is a job for all who are able,

to give life, to birth it new.

Sometimes in the very old or long time dead.

What better way to make someone breath again

than to get them smiling and laughing?

LOL ... or a quick jab to the gut

might work wonders also! :P

I hope you are well, Wolf!

What are you seeing these days ?

Has it changed?

Stay well, Shon

Hey Wolf!

... might keep me out of trouble ?

Like to laugh, makes breathing easier!

How often folks get stuck

in the formality of fake/dead/empty rituals.

Void of feeling or emotion.

Empty of any connection to life?

Get them laughing and their eyes start to spark!

Glimmer and shine!

This earth has enough Zombies!

Weather monks or maidens,

It is a job for all who are able,

to give life, to birth it new.

Sometimes in the very old or long time dead.

What better way to make someone breath again

than to get them smiling and laughing?

LOL ... or a quick jab to the gut

might work wonders also! :P

I hope you are well, Wolf!

What are you seeing these days ?

Has it changed?

Stay well, Shon

Hello shon. The night sky is just now pushing the apricot color from the evening sky here on this part of the world, and the cold is close in tow as a Siamese twin. Especially here on the mountain top. Fortunately there is no eyelid over awareness so yes always watching. Emotions following thoughts. Falling leaves following the breeze, children following parents. And change,......yes the only certainty in life is change and yet that change is permanent. Truth in paradox. Love it. lol. Life is in a state of permanent change, HA no wonder people feel that there lives are a paradox. All of this, the Tao. What else could there possibly be to see.? Please keep laughing shon, they say its contagious. Take care. Wolf

• Like 1

Hello Wolf.

people probably wont read what you write unless it's in paragraphs.. Darin is right. It's got to fit with the short attention span of internet geeks.. ;)

also.. something you are finding out .. there are always reactive types ready to take umbrage over any ole thang.

welcome to taobums.

Using the way of No-heart mind (empty from guestly influences only the host remains) as the way of mind. Using the way of Tao Wu Shin as the way of mind. This is the only practice of Tao Wu Shin Because every thing is empty when it is usefull.

Eat, eat, eat,

Shit, shit, shit,

The daily ins and outs of a caterpiller

to only transform into a futter bye

Hello Wolf.

people probably wont read what you write unless it's in paragraphs.. Darin is right. It's got to fit with the short attention span of internet geeks.. ;)

also.. something you are finding out .. there are always reactive types ready to take umbrage over any ole thang.

welcome to taobums.

Hello Cat. Thank you for your kind advice. If the layout of the grunts mean more than the point to some readers then those poor souls must live with a limited mental capacity and have our pity. But to those who dare venture beyond the solitary confinement of there mental comfort zones the points made should hopefully be pristine clear. Trivial selves are always good for a laugh. This skinbag has lectured all over the world and has had to deal with some real Neanderthals, but one must always keep in mind that the tao is all of this and is miraculous. Anyway, Darin and cat. Thank you once again and am going to make an attempt to paragraph. Bugger. lol Wolf.

Hello shon. The night sky is just now pushing the apricot color from the evening sky here on this part of the world, and the cold is close in tow as a Siamese twin. Especially here on the mountain top. Fortunately there is no eyelid over awareness so yes always watching. Emotions following thoughts. Falling leaves following the breeze, children following parents. And change,......yes the only certainty in life is change and yet that change is permanent. Truth in paradox. Love it. lol. Life is in a state of permanent change, HA no wonder people feel that there lives are a paradox. All of this, the Tao. What else could there possibly be to see.? Please keep laughing shon, they say its contagious. Take care. Wolf

HaHa!

"Pink sky at night,

Sailors delight.

Pink sky in the morning,

Sailors take warning!"

Etched upon this soul by generations who have worked upon waters.

Some of the first words remembered for this child born below sea level!

LOL, Do they suit the mountains though?

Mountains are but far off dreams these days.

Old memories That go on for so long.

Pat the Mountain hello for me!

Have shared in mountians dreams,

remembered flight

in the bones of birds.

All ways watching.

Thank you for sharing what you see!

Layers following layers

and blending like Aurora borealis

is part of what is played with these days.

One aspect is "time".

"Time" can confuse and blow this mind!

LOL.

Thank you Wolf

-_-

Stay well,

Shon

HaHa!

"Pink sky at night,

Sailors delight.

Pink sky in the morning,

Sailors take warning!"

Etched upon this soul by generations who have worked upon waters.

Some of the first words remembered for this child born below sea level!

LOL, Do they suit the mountains though?

Mountains are but far off dreams these days.

Old memories That go on for so long.

Pat the Mountain hello for me!

Have shared in mountians dreams,

remembered flight

in the bones of birds.

All ways watching.

Thank you for sharing what you see!

Layers following layers

and blending like Aurora borealis

is part of what is played with these days.

One aspect is "time".

"Time" can confuse and blow this mind!

LOL.

Thank you Wolf

-_-

Stay well,

Shon

Hello Shon. Please, Thank you. One looks each morn for your responses. A feeling of old friendship. The mountain was kissed for you today and yes the base of the mountain meets the ocean north of surfers paradise. Best of both worlds. Kinda yin'ish, yang'ish. TIME?, Please read this skinbags article on time and please give feedback. We have el pacas at the temple. They are our humble lawn mowers. lol. One of those got the pat on the head from you. Of course in all of this banter the Tao just typed, talked, petted, kissed and laughed. Take care shon. Thank you Wolf. PS. Forgot to paragraph. Sorry. HAA !!!

Hello Cat. Thank you for your kind advice. If the layout of the grunts mean more than the point to some readers then those poor souls must live with a limited mental capacity and have our pity. But to those who dare venture beyond the solitary confinement of there mental comfort zones the points made should hopefully be pristine clear. Trivial selves are always good for a laugh. This skinbag has lectured all over the world and has had to deal with some real Neanderthals, but one must always keep in mind that the tao is all of this and is miraculous. Anyway, Darin and cat. Thank you once again and am going to make an attempt to paragraph. Bugger. lol Wolf.

Sifu my two cents

I don't read long run on posts as it is too much of an eye strain.

If I wish others to understand what I have to say I present the material as clearly and concisely as I can.

I want to reach everyone including neanderthals

Otherwise why bother to post.

It's a question of communication.

Do you read books that don't have paragraphs.

Sifu my two cents I don't read long run on posts as it is too much of an eye

strain.If I wish others to understand what I have to say I present the material

as clearly and concisely as I can. I want to reach everyone including neanderthals

Otherwise why bother to post. It's a question of communication.Do you read books

that don't have paragraphs.