Nothing that strong, certainly not visual.  For me it's a feeling.  The only way I can describe it clearly is that it's like an epiphany before it happens.  It's like knowing I'm about to remember something I had forgotten, then ~poof~ , I have clear comprehension of a chain of causes and effects.  It's like putting on a pair of perscription glasses and there's a clarity to the world that is very difficult to describe.  But, it can be easily interrupted, and I can scramble it, if I'm not careful.  So, recognizing that initial feeling is important, because then I can try and let it happen without any conscious interference.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Summer said:

… even though the room was pitch black I could see perfectly …

I experienced something similar, but the light came from far above me. It was 50 years ago, outside in pitch dark countryside. I was in danger, in unknown territory. The whole sky lit up the way you describe, the feeling was like you describe. I became invisible to the other people, a benign force took over my body and walked it to safety. Also, I am always clairsentient and occasionally clairvoyant. 

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 3

Well, I am calling her a mermaid . That's how she started . If age comes into it she seemed about 30 yo , I was probably about 7  -  just the right age for 'connection ' .    She didnt have the classic mermaid tail though , not that I could see , that part of her was obscured by seaweed .  I thought it was all swirling seaweed at first ; long dark and light green ribbon weed , billowing and flowing on the outgoing  tide , about 1 1/2 mt deep .  Then I saw orange reddish 'weed'  billowing into it , I realised it was much too fine to be weed so I peered closer into it and then saw a very human eye and the top part of a woman's face looking at me .   I was instantly worried realising she could not breathe down there , but she looked calm and at ease and was smiling .

Ever the rationalist, even at that age , I thought , silly me, it cant be a woman under the water , it must be a reflection on the surface  ( it seems my rational mind never wondered why a woman would be hovering up in the air over the water) ,  so I looked up and saw ' the other version of her '  in a split in the sky like a radiant 'yoni' shape with her in the middle .   A ray of light came from her and  beamed into my third eye  ( which I never knew I had then ), like some type of huge 'download' and a 'busy' type of fast 'signal noise'  .  . .  other stuff happened , to shorten the story,  'she' and her energy  have been with me ever since  .

Thats why I 'share it '  in a thread with a subject  like this one . 

For reference ;

"Philemon was simply a superior knowledge,
and he taught me psychological objectivity and the actuality of the soul. 
He formulated and expressed everything which I had never thought."

~ C.G. Jung

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genius_(mythology)

A further analysis throws up some interesting 'co-incidences ' .  The 'Genie'  also was located to place .  The place of this occurance was very significant in my development , it was a  fav place , salt water estuary ,  a very suitable place for a crab  .... my natal Sun sign ( shared with Mercury / Gemini ) .  I spent a LOT of my childhood  in that environment - my father was an old school SLSC  ( Aussie surf 'life saver' ) so it was every weekend down the beach , mum would sit under a sun umbrella and I would be given a snorkel and face mask and tossed into one of the many ocean tidal rock pools there to marvel at that underwater world .  Crab and octopus where my companions .

Another connection to this   ( being very into tarot in the past )   was my card

image.png.15afb32dea61ebe2f7610f84612f88c6.png

That is very curious to me  as well .  There is a woman above the water with her reflection in the water ... and the  the text says about it !  ...    As far as astrology indicating proclivities , I also have a strong Neptune  ( a 'higher' vibe  'mystical' 'absorptive', 'feminine',  'vibe' . . . and 'watery'  , which is balanced ( thank goodness ) by a fairly stable Mercury . 

Another correlation in connection with the sea  is the image  and the 'icon ' Stella Maris' ( which I have written about in other posts ) being a patron of the sea and sailors , particularly people in distressed on the sea .  The sea is a symbol of the unconscious, the surface , perhaps the conscious that  , if not calm and still, distorts any image that comes into it .   This also gels with me , being a long term 'psychonaut' . . .  one who undertakes ' the internal journey' .

So, from my perspective, this experience  was a crucial node , a connection to my 'essential energy / astrological make-up '  and understanding myself . Not that it happened back then, it took years and years of other experiences, ' tie ins', learning things and I think very significantly was the months long workshop I did on reading your own natal chart and interpreting it  yourself .   Boy did that put a lot of pieces together  !   Not only just to explain  ' this is how you are ' ... but also, strangely   a lot of the unusual stuff that happened  to me  .

I have observed  something nearly similar in others , friends  that I got to know well , some of them too have 'issues' , luck , strange events ,  etc . in specific  areas or fields , connected to certain energies . 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Nungali said:

So, from my perspective, this experience  was a crucial node , a connection to my 'essential energy / astrological make-up '  and understanding myself . Not that it happened back then, it took years and years of other experiences, ' tie ins', learning things and I think very significantly was the months long workshop I did on reading your own natal chart and interpreting it  yourself .   Boy did that put a lot of pieces together  !   Not only just to explain  ' this is how you are ' ... but also, strangely   a lot of the unusual stuff that happened  to me  .

How deep is the rabbit hole/journey?

2 hours ago, NaturaNaturans said:

How deep is the rabbit hole/journey?

:D    Your questions are often not  that easy to answer . 

1.  As deep as you want it to be .

Fate is a sea without shore, and the soul is a rock that abides;
But her ears are vexed with the roar and her face with the foam of the tides.

All delicate days and pleasant, all spirits and sorrows are cast

Far out with the foam of the present that sweeps to the surf of the past:
Where beyond the extreme sea-wall, and between the remote sea-gates,
Waste water washes, and tall ships founder, and deep death waits:
Where, mighty with deepening sides, clad about with the seas as with wings,
And impelled of invisible tides, and fulfilled of unspeakable things,
White-eyed and poisonous-finned, shark-toothed and serpentine-curled,
Rolls, under the whitening wind of the future, the wave of the world.

3. Invoke often , reaching up to your highest potential ... Then you may explore the depths , and lay firmer foundations. This will enable you then to reach higher  and draw down that energy 'from' above , which in turn allows you to go deeper and firmer , which then allows you to ....   and so on .

" My adepts have their feet set below the hells and their heads above  the heavens ."

" I bid the night conceive the glittering hemisphere

O souls and spirits , rise bright and clear

For to the abyss of hell I plunge without fear,

I shall fix these horrible demons , with my light filled view

to beauty, their horrible forms , I shall renew .

For to the Abyss of hell I plunge , without a fright

on them will I impose my Will - The Law of Light . "

You could get your base chakra vibrated  by these guys  for 5 minutes ..... then all the way up to back of the head  over 15 mins ;

2590351_orig.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=30dc1f6156c0cd6f3f5954826440466ba45098c107a5460f0e30bb1aaafa34c7&ipo=images

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

Many people here seems to be «searching» and «seeking unity/understanding etc.» Just a comment: i think an interresting addition to this thread, is If people add what led to it, what you took away from it and what the next step was, like Nungali over here.

My experience, after i landed, was a deep need to understand reality, build a new map. Trough convo with a certain someone, it seems to me, that the next step is following the heart, inspiration, Genius, will… «do what you want the law to be…» something like that, isnt that what you say? Is this what you call «the abyss» or «thelema» btw? Or maybe «the fool?» «beyond good and evil,» Once again dear to be naked with no shame, and reclaim paradise?

WHY ODIN IS ONE-EYED

Spoiler

Manuscript-Odinn-236x300.jpg Odin in an Icelandic illuminated manuscript (18th century)

Odin’s quest for wisdom is never-ending, and he is willing to pay any price, it seems, for the understanding of life’s mysteries that he craves more than anything else. On one occasion, he hanged himself, wounded himself with his spear, and fasted from food and drink for nine days and nights in order to discover the runes

On another occasion, he ventured to Mimir’sWell – which is surely none other than the Well of Urd[1] – amongst the roots of the world-tree Yggdrasil. There dwelt Mimir, a shadowy being whose knowledge of all things was practically unparalleled among the inhabitants of the cosmos. He achieved this status largely by taking his water from the well, whose waters impart this cosmic knowledge. 

When Odin arrived, he asked Mimir for a drink from the water. The well’s guardian, knowing the value of such a draught, refused unless the seeker offered an eye in return. Odin – whether straightaway or after anguished deliberation, we can only wonder – gouged out one of his eyes and dropped it into the well. Having made the necessary sacrifice, Mimir dipped his horn into the well and offered the now-one-eyed god a drink.[2][3]

n Interpretation

The most general and obvious message of this tale is that, for those who share Odin’s values, no sacrifice is too great for wisdom. The (unfortunately fragmentary) sources for our current knowledge of the pre-Christian mythology and religion of the Norse and other Germanic peoples are, however, silent on exactly what kind of wisdom Odin obtained in exchange for his eye. But we can hazard a guess.

The fact that Odin specifically sacrificed an eye is surely significant. In all ages, the eye has been “seen” as a poetic symbol for perception in general – consider the astonishing number of expressions, both in everyday usage and in the works of the great canonical poets, that use vision as a metaphor for perceiving and understanding something. Given that Odin’s eye was sacrificed in order to obtain an enhanced perception, it seems highly likely that his pledge of an eye symbolizes trading one mode of perception for another.

What mode of perception was exchanged for what other mode, then? The answer to this question lies in the character of Mimir. Mimir, whose name means “The Rememberer,” seems to have been the being who told the gods how to live in accordance with ancestral tradition, and with wisdom more generally.

In the tale of Odin’s discovery of the runes, Odin sacrificed what we might call his “lower self” to his “higher self.” Here, his relinquishment of an eye should surely be understood along similar lines: he exchanged a profane, everyday mode of perception, beleaguered with countless petty troubles, for a sacred mode of perception informed by divine, ancestral wisdom

My interpertation was that he has one eye, because the other is looking inwards. Fascinating how all he seems is wisdom, he travels the realms on an Eight legged horse, had two ravens who saw for him and two wolfs as well, all for an incurable search for knowledge.

What news from the gods?

What news from the elves?

All Jotunheim is roaring,

the Aesir are in counsel,

and the dwarves,

creatures of the mountains,

tremble by their doors of stone.

Have you learned enough yet, Allfather?

Surt comes from the south

with a bright light in his hand,

yes, the sun shines upon

the sword in his grasp.

The mountains collapse,

the trolls fall,

men walk the road to Hel,

and the skies divide above

What news from the gods?

What news from the elves?

All Jotunheim is roaring,

the Aesir are in counsel,

and the dwarves,

creatures of the mountains,

tremble by their doors of stone.

Have you learned enough yet, Allfather?

Surt comes from the south

with a bright light in his hand,

yes, the sun shines upon

the sword in his grasp.

The mountains collapse,

the trolls fall,

men walk the road to Hel,

and the skies divide above

URL
Link text
Insert into post

IMG_0565.png

https://norse-mythology.org/tales/odins-discovery-of-the-runes/

https://norse-mythology.org/tales/why-odin-is-one-eyed/

https://magebymoonlight.com/the-norns/

Edited by NaturaNaturans
  • Like 1

On 21/10/2023 at 11:10 AM, NaturaNaturans said:

One thing i find funny about «the skeptic types,» is that they talk about how there is zero evidence for the paranormal, but if you tell them you have experienced it, they refer you to a psychiratist.

Not necessarily. ;)

Greyson, B. (2021). After. St. Martin’s Publishing Group.

Edited by Giles
  • Like 1